Chapter 3: Freedom

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium. As Inquisitors, Rogue Traders, and Space Marines, you will help decide the future of mankind.Run by God-Emperor Tet'Nak
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: An Awakening

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 am

Xanthia looks over at the other woman, and answers her question. "Someplace on the outskirts of Hell if I had to guess." Picking herself up off the floor she kicks one of the dead bodies off her and checks her gear. "Shit this is stupid...but we cant just sit here, maybe someone should go outside and look."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Gaius picks himself up off the floor an begins to assess the situation. Hearing talk of going outside, Gaius makes his way to the working terminal. "Let me see if I can expedite any sort of void suit quest..."

He extends his mechadendrite to the terminal yet it won't engage. "What the hell..." Retracting the arm back for inspection he finds that one of the prongs is bent. "Hmm, must have happened when I was violently dislodged prior to landing...This will just take a moment."

After a few minutes of tinkering, he is able to engage with the terminal.
Tech-use: Ship layout map, life support. Ultimately looking for void suits.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:40 pm

The Tech-Priest moves to the terminal that is still usable. He searches for any equipment on board the ship. He finds a schematic that points to a small cargo pod. The manifest states there are six void suits, as well as random other gear. The location of the cargo pod appears to be in a lower compartment of the ship that can be accessed via a tube compartment out in the main hallway. This seems to be the access point that Rhatt had found earlier when exploring the ship.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:31 am

"Ah, look what we have here..." Gaius addresses the others or anyone who will hear him, "According to the manifest there are six void suits in a lower compartment of the ship." Turning to the man with the chain sword, "The access point appears to be that hole you dropped into earlier in the hallway."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:49 pm

"Are we really going to leave the ship?" She shakes her head, the woman moves over to the console to get a look at it. Once its explained to her where she lowers her head. "Alright, let's do this. Come on." She will go to the compartment and collect the suits, handing them up to the various people one by one. She double checks her own suit several times, and then puts it on, and tests it a few times.

Through the com link on it she comments, "Who wants to go first?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:35 am

"Well... we're still pretty much alive," Cassius says, wiping the blood from his face that's running from a nasty gash on his forehead after he slammed into the controls. Or the controls into him when the ship crashed. He quickly releases the straps of his seat. "It's not like we have much options, do we?" He heads to the compartment with the suits and immediately starts to put them on, while his rifle leans against one of the walls as he prepares for the void.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Looking Outside

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:26 am

The injured group moves to get the void suits. Everyone can fit into them, except the tech priest. He's many mechanical adaptations to his body makes it impossible to slip into one of the suits. After a few moments, however, Gaius fixes the helmet so it can go over his head, and the oxygen pack to his back. He won't be able to stay outside long, due to the pressure of open space, but it will give him a chance.

Once ready, the group finds the simple access port that will let them outside. Looking through the viewport there, they can tell they sit on some mixture of debris. From this vantage, it is tough to figure out what else is out there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Looking Outside

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:44 am

Through the com on the suit Xanthia speaks to the group, "This is foolish. I don't even know what we hope to gain by this." She then slams her hand on the airlock button closing the air lock door behind them and opening the door that opens into empty space. She's clipped on any belaying line available from the ships so she doesn't float away, then with both hands holding on she walks her way out to the debris, never letting go to gaze about this side of the ship.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:52 am

Xanthia clips on, there are several tethers to do so, and walks out to take a better look. Her feet land on what can only be called space junk, the remains of ships wrecked, smashed, and destroyed. There are various spots, even from what Xanthia can tell, where a misplaced step might cause something to shift, and throw a person off the debris and into space one way or the other. What she can also see, is that their own ship, has a whole on the other side, likely from the landing. There is not fire, obviously, as any oxygen required is lost in the void. Perhaps four hundred yards away is what Xanthia thinks is another ship, also stuck in the debris. The ship is massive, likely a former Imperial military vessel if Xanthia had to guess.

Space debris flies everywhere, some pieces of metal slam into other pieces of metal, causing more metal to be tossed about and away from the debris walkway. The walkway is obviously just happenstance, and moving across it will be perilous. There might be ways to tether themselves to large pieces of debris as they walk, but that is only conjecture from this distance. Unfortunately, the ship they are currently in is not going anywhere with the controls destroyed, leaving them with the options to sit and wait, eventually starving or dying as some piece of metal smashes them to bits, or make the walk and hope they survive.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Gaius finishes up the retrofitting of the void suit to accommodate his differences from the others then clips his own line to one of the tethers. Carefully exiting the ship he slowly makes his way to Xanthia.

"At first I thought you two were right...leaving the ship is foolish." Eyeing the gaping hole and reflecting back on the torched controls, "I fear we have no choice." With a wry smile, "Either of you have a plan?"