Chapter 1: Survival of the Fittest - Alton Zet

A brand new era for humanity and mutantkind begins here! The rise of mutants coincided with global and secret agencies dedicated to detain all mutants and protect humanity. Most of earth's population including presidents, prime ministers, and royal families remain unaware of the mutant struggle and their powers. 'Nuff said.

GM: The Silver Shurijo
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Back to work, Atlantis post-combat investigation

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Alton arrives at his lab. Some of his old equipment is still in the newer military lab, but he has some spare equipment stored away in his storage area. The lab is empty and unguarded and void of military personnel. Alton's devices such as his propulsion, energy gauntlets, and force field generator are secured away in his lab.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 am

Alton will search the lab for surveillance equipment and, assuming none is found, watch the video.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 am

Alton Zet enters the lab and immediately begins to search the lab for any surveillance equipment.
search roll: hidden
The scientist is quite at home in his lab and looks all through the laboratory in all of the obvious and not-so-obvious locations. Alton doesn't find any hidden surveillance devices within the laboratory.

After securing the laboratory, he heads into his office to watch the video.

The first few seconds show the footage from the attack, but then it cuts out and the screen goes black. The camera was angled at the back of the monitor, so there's no visuals just a dark image of the back of Kareb's monitor.

A large crash of metal against the floor is heard followed by a man shouting, "What are you doing? You trying to make noise to get someone's attention? This area is secure and there's no one within a block of here."

The voice sounds somewhat familiar, like Alton almost recognizes it.

"You won't get away with this. Alton will figure it out." Kareb responds.

"He won't figure it out, because he'll take the blame for it. You'll become his co-conspirer and the whole mess will get wrapped up and dealt with by the defense force. The paperwork is already in motions. When he comes here to investigate, we'll plant evidence at his home. It'll show that you were working together with the humans to develop more weapons technology and as soon as you give me the documents for his prototype devices, the humans will implement those devices and it will be an air-tight case. Even the stupid council will find Alton and you guilty of treason. Bind her!"

Then a few moments later, Alton can hear Kareb struggle and become what it sounds like someone silencing her with a gag. There's not much else of voices for several moments, just sounds of tools, equipment, and metal scrapping against metal for what feels like an hour. Finally, the man's voice can be heard, "Okay, let's go. We have everything on the list. They'll need this taken back to the lab. Go fast and watch over your shoulders."

"Yes, sir." A pair of unknown voices is heard in the background responding to the command.

As the sounds dissipates, Alton realizes who's voice was speaking to Kareb. It was Captain Nehe's voice! The Captain is the technology liason for many of the military scientists and their military commanders, so he would have access to all military technology information including scientists and classified documents.

As the video continues to play with no sound or visuals, Alton soon notices a silent alarm going off showing that someone is trying to enter his laboratory with an invalid security code.

investigate to determine voice: roll hidden
success - It's Captain Nehe's voice

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:45 am

Alton glares at the silent alarm with a look of grim determination. He sends digital copies of the video to the King, General Rap, each of the members of the council that he has contact information for save Yula Polb.
I'm not certain if Alton's devices are here in this lab, at the other one, or destroyed by Nehe's men. He'll put them on before checking out the alarm if he has them here, otherwise he'll grab whatever's handy to see to the intruder.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 am

Your devices area here in your non-military lab
Alton suits up into his self-made armor and devices. As he equips his force field generator, the men outside stop trying to hack the door and they begin to try to bust down the door.

"Alton Zet, come out. We know you're in there. This is the Atlantian security force. We have a warrant for your arrest."

Within a few moments, a large device is used to knock the door open and several security force members enter into the lab to find Alton suited up in his gear.

"Alton Zet, stand down!" the security force leader states as his squad lift their pistols towards Alton.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:23 am

Alton glares at the men through his armored visor, visibly seething with anger.

"How many of you are working with that genocidal scum? Against your own people? You're kidnapping and framing the citizens you're supposed to be protecting!"

Not waiting for a reply, Alton channels the orichalcum energy of his gauntlets into a volley of less focused, expanded bursts centered on the group of renegade soldiers.
Use Extra Effort for the Alternate Power feat on my Orichalcum Blast effect. I want to replace the Penetrating extra with the Area extra for the attack, leaving all other aspects of the power unchanged.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 am

Alton Zet, Atlantian Security Force 1, 2, 3, 4

Attack vs Security Force
reflex dc = 10 + 7 = 17
ASF 1: 1d20 + 3 = 16
ASF 2: 1d20 + 3 = 5
ASF 3: 1d20 + 3 = 19, successful 1/2 dmg
ASF 4: 1d20 + 3 = 13

Saving Throws:
Damage DC: 15 + 7 = 23
ASF 1: 1d20 + 4 = 24, no effect
ASF 2: 1d20 + 4 = 14, failed by 5+
ASF 3: 1d20 + 4 = 20 vs 20, no effect
ASF 4: 1d20 + 4 = 15, failed by 5+

Alton will be fatigued starting at beginning of next round
The leader of the security forces looks a bit puzzled and starts to ask, "What are you talk--"

Alton quickly reconfigures his energy gauntlets to apply a burst effect to his Orichalcum blast. The burst targets the security forces who are trying to arrest Alton. The four Atlantians quickly dive for cover, but two of the security forces suffer slight bruises from the blast.

The four security force personnel sent to arrest Alton seem to be taken off guard by Alton's attack and it takes them a minute to recover and find their bearings.

"Stand down." The lead officer responds to his men. It appears he doesn't want to jump into a potential deadly fight which is rare among Atlantians since there are so few people remaining, each death is felt by all.

"We have evidence that puts you in possession of stolen military hardware and collaborating with foreign forces. Turn off your weapons and come peacefully or we'll have to use force." The lead security officer states.

"There's no point in anyone getting hurt today. We're all Atlantians here and justice will be served by the justices, not by anyone in this room."
The Atlantian security force men were trying to enter your lab, but I never said they were part of the Nehe's renegade group. They might be or not be, it's just not been stated so far.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Alton keeps one outstretched hand focused on the leader of the security forces; a stern look on his face.

"I have evidence to the contrary, which I've already sent to General Rap and the Civic Council. You may wish to contact someone higher than Captain Nehe if you wish to pursue this avenue of inquiry. Go ahead. But rest assured, I have done nothing wrong and every second I am delayed prolongs the suffering of an innocent girl."

Alton does not lower his hand nor shift his focus from the soldiers.
Alton will ready an action to renew his assault if the soldiers make any aggressive movements.
Yeah, it was simply his first assumption. He's been shot at, implicated in a treasonous crime that goes against his belief systems, betrayed, and his apprentice has been kidnapped. He's stressed to the max :lol:

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:54 am

The policemen/security force also have readied actions.
The leader replies, "I don't know Captain Nehe. I have a warrant issued by the security chief and signed by a representative of the Civic Council."

Knowing the situation is likely to become more volatile, the leader continues trying to calm Alton down. "We're not here to judge whether you've done right or wrong. We're here to bring you in for questioning."

A moment or two passes before he tilts his head as a communication message comes in. Pressing his transmit button, he replies, "Received and acknowledged, sir."

Alton can assume that it took a few minutes for Alton's communique to filter through the proper channels and be verified before the security chief rescinded the warrant. That new information is just now reaching the team sent to arrest Alton.

Speaking back to Alton, he says, "New information has just came to the security chief and he has rescinded the warrant. Your attack on the security force team requires you brought in and held accountable."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Alton listens to the soldiers words, inwardly cursing his brashness. He lets out a sigh and nods to the soldier, closing his hand and bringing it across his chest to power down the system.

"You have my apologies for my assault. I hope none of your were injured."