Chapter 1: A Matter of Time - Matthew Beckett

A brand new era for humanity and mutantkind begins here! The rise of mutants coincided with global and secret agencies dedicated to detain all mutants and protect humanity. Most of earth's population including presidents, prime ministers, and royal families remain unaware of the mutant struggle and their powers. 'Nuff said.

GM: The Silver Shurijo
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Fire fight on the bridge

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:32 am

"<Russian> Damn it, these capitalist mercenaries are a persistant bunch," Beckett shouts and takes a basic shooting stance to make sure that the sharpshooter stays down with the next hit. "<Russian> I think I've put at least half a dozen rounds into him and he's still trying to shoot me. I feel almost bad to put such a man down."

He has no mercy with men who're trying to kill him and his associates, so Beckett just pulls the trigger on the remaining man.
Good idea. Swap all 6 points to attack. Lethal damage.
Shoot S2. All-Out Attack.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:13 am

Beckett vs S2

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 6 = 22
Defense: Def: 10 + 2 (lose dodge bonus, stun) -2 (stun) = 10

hit, lethal

Damage DC: 15 + 4 = 19
Tough Save: 1d20 + 6 - 2 (bruise)= 6

dead
Beckett methodically walks over to the lone gunman and squeezes the trigger on his pistol. A single shot enters through the front of the man's forehead and exits through the rear. It's clearly visible that the man's been hit at least three other times. His blood covered kelvar vest prevented many of the wounds from being fatal, but it was only a matter of time before Beckett caught up with him for the final coup de grâce.

Now Beckett stands alone in front of the barn with the body of the sharpshooter. Several meters away, on the opposite side of the barn, Tiska stands with a rifle in his hands pointed at the other two unconscious soldiers.
Congrats, you can start working on your PL 8 character.

Just need to wait for TetNak to finish his adventure before merging. We'll still RP you getting to Japan and there might be some small skirmishes between here and there. We'll use whichever char sheet is ready if any fighting happens between now and the chapter 2 merge.

This thread isn't closed yet, we'll keep going here until you reach the destination. It's a long flight there and so there might be some RP between you and Tishka.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:12 pm

The American agent doesn't care much about the last shooter. It's a little sad to have killed such a fine man, who kept fighting even after he was struck by at least three rounds. Although it's also sad that there are these are three professionals who got defeated by a single armed men, who wasn't even equipped for a long range shooting. Beckett grabs the man's rifle and a spare mag before heading around the barn and back to Tishka again.

"<Russian> Do you want to shoot them? Not that I really care since they tried to kill us, but I don't enjoy killing an unconscious opponent. Maybe you should at least spare the one who's obviously not the leader. So he can tell that they shouldn't mess with us again," he says, certain that killing an unarmed and harmless opponent. Who are Beckett and Tishka? Certainly not the death-squad that were close enough to kill the two, supposedly ex-KGB agents. Beckett rises the rifle from a dead man anyway. And aims at the leader's right hand. Slowly squeezing the trigger. "<Russian> We don't want them shooting us in the back, right?"
Nice. That's 15 XP to spend if I'm not mistaken.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:30 am

Tishka agrees, "<Russian>Da. Only a filthy American would shoot someone in the back."

The former KGB analyst looks and finds some handcuffs on the unconscious men. "<Russian> We can lock him to the tractor."

Tishka then starts to drag the bodies over to the tractor and secures them to the tractor in the barn. "<Russian>We should finish up here and get moving. There might be more coming. I don't think it's safe to go back to my room. Luckily, I keep my files at a remote location for times like this."
correct 15 PP. no hurry on it, think it over this weekend and next week.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 am

"<Russian> That's very smart of you. Luckily I have a car nearby. So we're going to get your files and then we're heading for a small airfield. We git a jet waiting for us," Beckett explains after they secured the mercenaries. He heads for his hidden car. "<Russian> You're still fit enough to start and land, right? Because I need a capable pilot. We can't trust anyone right now. They could be all paid or under surveillance by our attackers. So we won't even give them a flight plan, although I doubt that there's someone who cares about that anyway."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:03 am

Tishka nods, "<Russian>Da. I can fly. Where are we headed?"

As they make their way towards Matthew's hidden car, he replies, "<Russian>My files are on a remote server somewhere in Siberia. I can access them anywhere once I get a laptop and then secure the connection. I do have some things to talk to you about, but let's save that for the in-flight entertainment."

The two make their way to Matthew's car without any signs of hostiles. Hidden within an abandoned barn is his car which he arrived in town just yesterday. The airport is not too far away and Matthew's car's GPS should navigate them there without any problems.
you can drive safely to the airport, but pause before entering the jet for RP

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 pm

"<Russian>We're going to Tokyo," Beckett states. "<Russian>I got some business to take care of. Secure a package and send it back to a man. A recovery mission, you know."

When they're at the car, the American, who pretends to be an ex-KGB-agent pulls down the makeshift camouflage netting and gestures Tishka to take the passenger's seat. He drives them down the road that leads to the Ignatev farm and back on a main street. That'll take them to the airport. Half an hour later, Beckett has parked the car a quarter mile away from the runway and the adjacent building on a flat, concrete surface with white rectangular markings, that might be a parking lot, that could be described as a terminal, but so far in Moldova, the description is almost an exaggeration. He doubts that there'll be a much of a security check since this is private runway, as Polat has said.

"<Russian>There's not a lot of traffic and I doubt that we'll have problems finding our jet," Beckett says as he leaves the car behind and heads directly for the runway. "<Russian>If you're hurt too bad I can still drive us to the jet."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 am

"<Russian>Net. I can still walk. Just banged up a bit." Tishka replies.

Ahead in the distance, the two men can see a small private jet on a makeshift airfield. There's no control tower or security at the air field. On the other end of the air field, a couple crop dusters planes sit covered with tarps to keep the rain and snow off of their wings.

As the two men get closer, they can see someone sitting on the already opened stairs leading into the jet. The man is smoking a cigarette and is wearing a hat. When the sitting man notices their approach, he heads into the jet for a moment and then returns with what appears to be a pistol.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Beckett slowly walks towards the jet. He warns Tishka of the man and if it comes to a shootout he shouldn't worry too much. The Russian analyst is all the only pilot they actually need.

"Easy there, mon ami," he says in English with a heavy French accent. "We're 'ere because your boss 'as given us free use of this plane. You do not want to anger Polat, do you?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:18 am

The jet's pilot holds the pistol to his side and raises his left hand signaling the two men to stop. "Hold it right there. What's the phrase?" He asks.