Chapter 1: A Matter of Time - Matthew Beckett

A brand new era for humanity and mutantkind begins here! The rise of mutants coincided with global and secret agencies dedicated to detain all mutants and protect humanity. Most of earth's population including presidents, prime ministers, and royal families remain unaware of the mutant struggle and their powers. 'Nuff said.

GM: The Silver Shurijo
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Fire fight on the bridge

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:48 am

"Polat didn't tell me. He was too busy to defend himself from supposed Black Ops that were trying to kill us," Beckett says stopping as soon as the man tells them to. "And now listen closely: you get away from that jet and you will NOT die. Polat asked me not to kill you, because you got a family. So if you don't lower the gun immediately I consider this self-defense and I sent Polat a card that tells him I'm sorry that I couldn't keep the promise. Maybe you even get your ass in a car and look for him. There's a possibility that he needs your pistol pointed in the direction of the mercs."
Diplomacy to get him to cooperate.
How far away is the pilot.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:24 am

Unfriendly Attitude
Diplo check: 1d20 + 5 = 22
attitude changed to indifferent

Pilot is 20 meters (about 60 ft)
The pilot raises his hands saying, "Hey man, take it easy. Polat said you weren't any fun. Heh, Frenchmen still think Jerry Lewis is funny."

He backs away from the plane and doesn't appear to want to get involved in anything with Matthew and Tishka.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:33 am

"Well, people hate me because I am a multifaceted, talented, wealthy, internationally infamous genius," Beckett says in the heavy French accent he maintains. As the pilot raises his hands he continues walking towards the jet. "Although I prefer much simpler humor, when I have time for it. Now get away from the plane before I make up my mind about toi."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:26 am

The pilot steps away from the plane and doesn't ask if Beckett or Tishka can fly it or not. He just walks away keeping his face turned towards the two men and the plane hoping to not get shot in the back.

A few moments later, Tishka makes his way up the ramp and into the cockpit and Matthew stands ready to board the private jet and close the door.

"<Russian>We ready." Tishka says as he ignites the jet engines and goes over a quick pre-flight checklist.

Before they take off, Tishka notes, "<Russian>We'll need to refuel at least once before we make it to Japan. We can head north and land in Novosibirsk or south and land anywhere around India, Pakistan, or China. My preference will be to stay in the motherland."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:10 am

Beckett closes the door and walks into the cockpit to take place in the copilot's seat. He certainly is no pilot but as the only ones aboard, it'd be almost rude to leave his pilot alone for the start. After all, Tishka was just freed after he was caught by a Turkish mobster and he probably needs a little friendly company. Beckett would be foolish to leave his pilot uncomfortable.

"<Russian>I just said where we are going and I leave the path to you. Russia might be better though because I don't want to answer any questions in India or China," he says. "<Russian>And when we're in the air we might want to take a drink and check our injuries, because this Turkish bastard, his goons and those mercenaries were very... eager to hurt us. I sure hope this plane has good vodka aboard."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:38 pm

The two take off and in a few minutes, they're flying over southern Russia. In several hours, they'll land in Novosibirsk, refuel, and then continue their journey to Japan.

After a while in the air, Tishka turns to Beckett and says, "<Russian>I don't have my files, but I remember most of contents. I think those mercs were part of the international agency that I uncovered. It seems like they operate all over the world. There's almost nothing known about them. It's like they don't exist."

"<Russian>I also came across some of the information about Cobb. The NSA geek. He was into some high-tech stuff. Left the NSA last year, shortly after an incident with Polat. Been off the RADAR since then, not a lot of information to go on."

"<Russian>My research into Cobb, led me into Polat's business dealings. He must have been looking into Cobb also, because he found me and wanted everything I knew about him and you."

Tishka used to work for Polat, but then, like many of Polat's former partners was crossed by Polat. Tishka was already working with Beckett at the time of the cross, so he just continued to take work from Beckett and others.

"<Russian>I didn't talk, but he found some papers and photographs. He's hired another so-called technology expert. Ha! But that man wasn't able to decrypt my files."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:07 am

"<Russian>Then they're good. If you can keep such a low profile they have either the connections or the money to shut up everyone who knows. And in our modern world, they must have someone sniffing through the 'net and corrupting data that may be connected with them. Although it's a relief that they weren't good enough to decrypt your stuff," Beckett replies with a smirk. "<Russian>This Cobb guy is the one we're looking for. Might as well tell you what we're going to do: we're looking for a kid. Not that I care much about it, but someone will owe us something big. I'd rather pick up something that won't shout if we have to run or when it's in pain. Because this unknown international agency seems to be after him as well. I'm not sure if I remember it right, but the kid is somekind of super genius with computers. Perhaps they're after your files. Did you gather something about this agency? Former ops, agents or associates? I bet they got their hands pretty dirty."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:11 am

Tishka puts the jet on autopilot and leans back in his chair. Rubbing his shoulder bruise, he continues. "<Russian>Not much, they don't seem to leave any digital paper trails or signatures. The little I found out established that there's a few different regional offices around the world and operate at a very high level outside of national politics, like INTERPOL or some task force from the UN. I don't think some countries even know they exist. The group looks to be something like Vympel, in back in it's golden years - not now."

"<Russian>As far as Cobb is concerned, it appears that he frequents a family leaving outside of Washington DC. They're not married, but maybe dating or friends or something. Other than a few pictures I pulled up from hacking into Tyson's Corner mall security cameras, that's all I could find of the woman and child."

Tishka shrugs. "<Russian>I don't have the photograph, no more. It was an attractive woman - for American standards - and девочка (little girl)."

"<Russian>That's all I remember. There's some files on my remote server with some more details and digital photographs."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 am

"<Russian>Cobb frequents a family in Washington, da?" Beckett repeats. He has a very bad feeling about this. The photograph Polat showed him is an indication that some people got their hands on information that Beckett wanted to stay hidden. He has a sudden urge to check his pistol, but he doesn't want to make Tishka nervous. "<Russian>Do you have a photograph of the family? It might be useful as leverage against Cobb. And if it's not useful we have to look for other ways to make him talk. Frequenting friends... That's kinda stupid, even for an American. He should know that this makes them a target. You never witnessed an interrogation that was led by the KGB, right?"

He leaves the copilot's seat and turns back to Tishka as he stands by the door. "<Russian>When was the last time you've eaten something? I doubt that the Turk was feeding you while he beat you up."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:03 am

"<Russian>Oh, I didn't mean he still frequents her. He dropped off the grid about a year ago. Any connection to her was before that. Didn't see any email or social connection between her and him after that point. Didn't even find a trace of him in background photographs posted to the internet in the last year.."

"<Russian>Nyet. Never saw interrogation. Not much field work. Just sat behind monitors mostly. You know the story."

"<Russian>I got nothing with me. Just that rifle I picked up at the barn."

Tishka stays in the pilot's chair and says, "<Russian>Look in the refridgerator. I doubt Polat fly's without some food."

Looking around in the back of the planet, Matthew finds a fridge with a bottle of red wine, various cheeses, humus, bread, crackers, and some baklava. The planet even has a small microwave and there Matthew finds some dolma and kebabs at room temperature. There's also several other water and soda beverages within the mini-refrigerator including several small bottles of alcohol similar to those given on large commercial flights.
Okay, not really much else going on in the flight, we'll land and refuel and take back off. if there's any questions for Tishka you should ask now. He's not one to take a vacation outside his comfort zone, so you probably don't expect him to stay with you in Japan, at least not very long.

let me know how you're coming with the PL updates. As soon as Tet combat is done, we'll merge storys. I might start your chapter 2 sooner, if the battle draws out too long. Let's put a end-date on this thread around Wednesday and plan on starting your chapter 2 around next Monday.