Chapter 1: Lighting Up the Darkness - Ghost

A brand new era for humanity and mutantkind begins here! The rise of mutants coincided with global and secret agencies dedicated to detain all mutants and protect humanity. Most of earth's population including presidents, prime ministers, and royal families remain unaware of the mutant struggle and their powers. 'Nuff said.

GM: The Silver Shurijo
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Chapter 1: Lighting Up the Darkness - Ghost

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Ghost does not wait. He points his hands at the already injured ninja and sends a Light Beam in his direction. He hopes to finish the one off, giving them numerical advantage against the other.
Light Beam vs. already hurt ninja
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:48 am

Ghost vs Ninja1

Attack: 1d20 + 7 = 16
Defense: Def: 10 + 3 (flatfooted) - 2 (stunned) = 11
Hit

Damage DC: 15 + 6 = 21
Tough Save: 1d20 + 7 = 13

Failed by 8, 1 bruise
The invisible Ghost strikes the wounded ninja with a light beam. The beam gives away his position as it streaks across the room hitting the ninja square in the chest. It's an accurate hit, but the ninja's Scorpion Armor absorbs some of the impact.
Kenjiro vs Ninja1
Scorpion Strike power

Attack: 1d20 + 7 = 18
Def: 10 + 3 (flatfooted) -2 = 11
Hit, succeeded by 7(autofire feat means 7/2 = 3 )

Damage DC: 15 + 7 + 2 (mighty) + 3 (autofire bonus) = 27
Tough Save: 1d20 + 7 -1 (bruise) = 13

failed by 10+, staggered, since it's the 2nd stagger, it moves up on condition track to unconscious
Seeing that Ghost attacked the already wounded Ninja, but his attack didn't finish him off, Kenjiro unleashes his powerful Scorpion Strike once more with his sword. His blade moves fast and after three slashes, the ninja magically dissolves into a dark smoke and vanishes.

Kenjiro -
Ghost -
Ninja1 - unconscious
Ninja2 -

You're up, round 2 (non-surprise round)

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:24 am

Ghost tries something slightly different, he hopes to actually blind the ninja, making Kenjiro's attacks, and defenses, easier.

The beam shoots out again, but just in front of the ninja's eyes, there is an explosion of light!
Blinded by the Light

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:50 am

Ghost vs Ninja2

Attack: 1d20 + 7 = 26
Defense: Def: 10 + 3 (flatfooted) = 13
Hit

Reflex DC: 17
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 = 11

sucessful, ninja2 is now blinded

50% chance to miss attack
no dodge bonus
-2 defense

That's actually a bit better results than I thought when I looked at the Dazzle power. A real de-buff.

Just as a note, you also have burst on your blind power (the Flashbang version), so if you wanted you can use it on a 20ft. It's a bit weaker a lv 5 vs lv 7, but it covers 20ft radius. Might be useful if you come across a hoard of ninja somewhere...
Ghost sends another blast, but this time takes aim at the other ninja who's preparing to attack Kenjiro. Just as the ninja lifts his weapon, Ghost's blasts target his face and explodes inches from his eyes rendering him blind for the moment.
init: Kenjiro, Ghost, Ninja2

Attack: miss
The ninja swings his sword, but he can't seem to find Kenjiro or Ghost and such his attacks fail to land on either of the two men.
init: Kenjiro, Ghost, Ninja2

Kenjiro vs Ninja1
Scorpion Strike power

Attack: 1d20 + 7 = 26
Def: 10 + 3 (flatfooted) -2 (blinded) = 11
Hit, succeeded by 15 (autofire feat means 15/2 = 7, max of 5 )

Damage DC: 15 + 7 + 2 (mighty) + 5 (autofire bonus) = 29
Tough Save: 1d20 + 7 = 9

failed by 15+, unconscious
The ninja can't see and Kenjiro takes quick advantage of his condition. The swordsman slashes away at the ninja and it soon dissolves into the magical smoke and disappears.

With the two ninja now sent back to the dimension where they originated at, Kenjiro moves to the scanner. He leans down and allows the retina scanner to scan his eye as he places his hand alongside another scanner. The technology within the castle contrasts against it's ancient features and black clad ninjas.

"Good work, kid. We're almost there. Just need to find my brother now."

With a short beep, the light above the scanner turns green and the door begins to slide open.

"Are you ready for Shinichi? He's going to be surrounded with many more ninja just like this. We need to knock him out and then the power of the claw will stop working and the ninja will disappear."
I'll try to start the next battle/evil villain dialogue this weekend or Monday

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:57 am

"What choice do I have?" Ghost says, smiling, and coming out of invisibility for a moment.

"I'm with you." He nods, takes a deep forward, and disappears again.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 am

Kenjiro smiles at the young man, "We all have a choice. I'm glad you're here."

The door finishes sliding open and lock into place without a sound. Kenjiro enters with his sword at his side to find his brother sitting on a throne and nine ninja, which appear the same as the last two ninja sentries, between him and Shinichi.

"Brother, I did not expect to see you so soon." Shinichi says. "You have come to take control of the ninja horde. That will never happen. The horde is mine and I alone control them. It is my destiny!"

The brother raises his hand in the air to show a golden gauntlet which Kenjiro described as the Scorpion Claw. The gauntlet has razor sharp finger tips and it's adorned with an image of a scorpion, much like Kenjiro's sword.

Shinichi closes his fingers to form a fist. "Your friends are not faring well against the horde. You should join me. Together we can rule Japan. If you have came to take this away from me, then you - will - fail."

Kenjiro stands in an attack stance with his sword lowered behind his rear leg. "Brother, I do not wish this. The claw has corrupted you. The Scorpion Clan must return to the beyond. You have called upon them too many times and the magic has affected your sense of right and wrong. I do this not for me, but for you."

The brother stands from his throne and laughs, "For me!?! If you shall not join the horde, then you shall die."

The two converse unaware of Gregory's presence.
I'll get the init up tomorrow, if you want to do anything before combat starts just post it. I'll be giving you a surprise round, but not the others.

Code: Select all

[S]
     N  N  N  N
   N  N  N  N  N

K

G

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Gregory lets the brother parlay, aware that his invisible presence shall give them the advantage. The number of ninja and the Scorpion himself, probably not, but he hopes things went as smooth as before ...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 am

Surprise Round: Ghost

Normal Round: Ghost, Scorpion Elite Ninjas 1-9, Kenjiro, Shinichi

You're up first. You rolled highest init and I'm giving you a surprise round. You can post 2 attacks if you want, or just post 1 and see the results before posting 2nd attack.
Unseen to all, Ghost prepares to...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:58 am

Ghost attempts to blind Shinichi. If he could injure the man enough, he is sure they could go through the Elite Ninjas fairly easily. He points and invisible hand in his direction, the light sparking before the Scorpion's eyes, hopefully blinding him!
Blinded by the Light vs. Shinichi

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:59 am

surprise round

Ghost vs Shinichi

Attack: 1d20 + 7 = 16
Defense: Def: 10 + 4 (flatfooted) = 14
Hit

Reflex DC: 17
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 = 27

failed
Ghost sends a blast of light towards Shinichi, but the Scorpion Claw master and head of the Scorpion Yakuza turned away just in the nick of time to avoid being blinded. Not seeing Ghost just yet, Shinichi cries out "Attack!"
you're up first in non-surprise round 1