Chapter 2: The Plans of the Intelligencia

A brand new era for humanity and mutantkind begins here! The rise of mutants coincided with global and secret agencies dedicated to detain all mutants and protect humanity. Most of earth's population including presidents, prime ministers, and royal families remain unaware of the mutant struggle and their powers. 'Nuff said.

GM: The Silver Shurijo
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Chapter 2: The Plans of the Intelligencia

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 pm

"What is your preference, Alton Zet?" Orion asks. "Would you like to come to my ship first and get what data I can provide, or do you think a visit to parts of your city would serve better?"

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 am

"I find myself quite curious about your ship and it would please the council to obtain that data as soon as possible if that is to your liking."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:55 pm

"Then by all means," Orion says, "let's visit my ship right away. Do you need to bring any gear with you? You won't need a spacesuit. But the ship has a primarily oxygen atmosphere, so if you need anything to breathe that, you should prepare accordingly. And you should bring along any data recording devices you need."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:18 am

"Yes, I should like to retrieve my combat suit as a precaution. I dislike being caught outside New Atlantis without it."

Alton gestures to his gauntlets as he continues, "However, my data storage and recording equipment are in here. The oxygen atmosphere should pose no problems, but thank you for the warning."

Alton proceeds to deliver a lecture on the evolution of the modern Atlantian and the makeup of Earth's atmosphere as he leads you through the city to his laboratory.
"Atlantians were originally a surface race as well, actually. While we are most comfortable in the water now due to our amphibean evolutionary history, we maintain lungs as well as gills and, as such, are quite comfortable in open air environments as well so long as they aren't too arid.

"The oxygen atmosphere is actually interesting as we primarily breath oxygen, despite Earth's nitrogen rich atmosphere. It's interesting how evolution takes different twists and turns in how we turn out, don't you think?"
Upon reaching the lab, Alton stops mid-spiel and turns around to look at you.

"My apologies, but I'm afraid I don't have clearance to take you inside. Would you mind terribly waiting for me out here?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Alton Zet retrieves his equipment and returns outside his lab where the alien visitor is waiting. The two prepare to leave the laboratory area of the city and return to the spacecraft when two messages come in over Alton's communication set.

//// "Alton Zet, you have been granted limited access to archives. Access to records from present minus one hundred years to origin are permitted." ////

//// "Alton Zet, after further investigation we have discovered another surface lab near old Atlantis. We are preparing a strike team now. If you would like to accompany us, please meet at staging area zero-three-alpha. Our estimated departure time is fifteen minutes." ////

The message was a recording dispatched just a few minutes ago. It doesn't describe how they located another lab, but it's clear that they are preparing an offense strategy and making preparations to assault the lab. The original city of Atlantis is often referred to as old Atlantis, just to better describe the city location rather than become confused with the current city of New Atlantis.
Sorry about the slow week, been on travel. We'll jump back into action next week :)

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:14 am

Alton's formal demeanor, bordering on friendliness, vanishes immediately as he listens to the second message. His face hardens and he moves to speak, briefly hesitating, before his features soften.

"Apologies Orion, I have just received two communiques. The first granting us access to the archives from a century previous from now and backward.

"The second one is slightly more personal. An assault is being planned on a newly discovered lab on the surface near old Atlantis. I believe it to have something to do with my missing apprentice. It is possible, though unlikely in the extreme, that the discovery may have something to with our present situation involving your A'Qal, instead of or in addition to my apprentice.

"I've been invited to the strike team, and being your chaperon, so to speak, that would necessitate your invitation as well. If you'd like, that is an option for us, but we would need to leave immediately to rendezvous with the strike team. There is however, no guarantee that this will have any bearing on our mission, which is, of course, more important over all.

"My reasoning ability is compromised on this issue. As such, I leave the decision to you."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 am

"While time is of the essence for my concerns," Orion replies, "I believe it is not as pressing as your concern. Besides, I suspect that you will be able to better focus on our research if you're mind is settled about your apprentice. By all means, let's join the assault team."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:22 am

Alton smiles as he responds, "Excellent! I can only hope that this outing will be enlightening."

Alton powers up his armor's propulsion system and leads Orion to the rendezvous point.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:41 am

The two arrive at New Atlantis staging area zero-three-alpha in the Atlantian Defense Force sector of the city. The staging area isn't too far away from Alton's military research lab.

When they arrive, the forces are in the process of loading up into armored personnel carriers that can propel them through the water and onto the surface much faster than swimming.

They make it there just as the doors of the APCs close.

"Alton Zet. I presume." An Atlantian Defense Force military officer addresses the scientists. "You're easy to find dressed in that armor suit of yours. When are we going to get some for all of my troops? Well, no time to talk, we're heading out."

The officer lifts up his arm to show his datapad and sends the coordinates of their objective, their attack vectors, and the sequence of attacks to Alton Zet.

"Are you joining us?" He asks as he closes the door to the APC and heads around to the front. "If so, then you and your friend might be better suited for objective 3 bravo. The generals want us to take it slow and secure perimeters before moving into the buildings, but a small team might be able to sneak in. My request for Squad Alpha, C Company to breach the building before our assault was denied, but you and you're friend are operating outside command structure. And don't tell anyone that we spoke."
Objective 1 - establish beach head
1a - secure logistics route

Objective 2 - laboratory perimeter established
2a - company a at position a
2b - company b at position b1, b2
2c - company c at positions c1, c2

Objective 3 - laboratory area infiltration
3a - secure entrance and exit paths
3b - hack into computer systems, download all information regarding organization, Atlantian cure, Atlantian personnel, etc.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 am

"I'm tougher than I look," Orion says as he settles down on a seat in the APC. "And a lot stronger. I'll stick with Alton Zet. But I may be able to help with objective 3 alpha as well."