Chapter 2: The Plans of the Intelligencia

A brand new era for humanity and mutantkind begins here! The rise of mutants coincided with global and secret agencies dedicated to detain all mutants and protect humanity. Most of earth's population including presidents, prime ministers, and royal families remain unaware of the mutant struggle and their powers. 'Nuff said.

GM: The Silver Shurijo
veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 2: The Plans of the Intelligencia

Post by veritas » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Alton nods to Orion as he looks over the battle plan.

"We shall be joining you. I agree that it would be best for us to try and secure the data before their forces have a chance to erase it, and your assault should provide an excellent distraction for such, Officer."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:57 am

The pair join the Atlantian assault force. For now, the cosmic hero and off world visitor has put aside his quest to save the planet in lieu of assisting the Atlantians in their fight. The ride from New Atlantis to old Atlantis is quite long heading out from the South Pacific Ocean all the way around the world to the Atlantic Ocean.

The armored personnel carrier turbines and jets power up and the force leaves the city of New Atlantis. As they progress, Alton Zet can follow their position on his handheld computer built into his power gauntlets.
Just a quick check, I think you guys might be able to fly there faster than the assault force (both of you have flight powers), but Trogdor mentioned taking a seat in the APC. Just wanted to check and see if you're going to arrive when they arrive or take off ahead of time.

Whichever you guys decide, just let me know. You will safely make it to the old Atlantis city without trouble (so you can RP that trip) either way (alongside/in APC or not), just don't break through the water surface/close in on the location all the way.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 am

As Orion looks over at Altin Zet's hand computer, he raises an eyebrow. "How far away is this place?" the alien asks. "It appears from that map that we're heading halfway across the planet." He shakes his head. "I could get one or two of you there a whole lot quicker if you like."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 am

Alton raises an eyebrow at Orion.

"We are going half way around the world. Old Atlantis is in the Atlantic Ocean, whereas New Atlantis is in the Pacific. I had hoped to use the threat of the Defense Force's strike to distract from our entrance, as I have very little in the way of stealth capability.

"How could you get us there faster, if you don't mind me asking?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:30 pm

The alien shrugs, and the hint of a smile forms on his face. "The same way I was going to get you onto my ship," he says cryptically. Then as an explanation, he adds, "I can warp local space to traverse long distances instantly. I can't bring much more than a few hundred pounds with me. But it is quick.
500 pound limit on what Orion can bring with him.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:24 am

Alton stares at Orion in slack-jawed awe.

"You can create worm holes?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 am

"That is one way they've been described," Orion replies. "Though I confess that my understanding of the process is more intuitive than scientific." He smiles apologetically. "I have a connection to the power of the cosmos that gives me a natural feel for local space," he explains, "and how to manipulate it. But I can't always explain exactly how I do it."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Alton nods as Orion explains.

"I do hope that you'll allow our scientists to examine you at some point. That ability is amazing. Quite similar to how some of this planet's mutants have described using their powers, actually. Is your ability standard to your species or the result of outside influence? For that matter, what do you call your species, if I may ask?"
Sorry, Alton will keep on asking personal questions until something distracts him :oops:

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:00 pm

"We call ourselves Hydrans," Orion replies. "Or close enough in your language. And no, my ability is unique to my race, so far as I know. It's the result of an encounter with a cosmic anomaly and some assistance by the Guardians. I'll be happy to let you run some tests if you like. I've had any number of such tests done over the years."

"But Alton Zet," he continues. "Is time not of the essence? If you wish to get your information, we should act quickly."
Shurijo: Orion's Teleport should be rank 9, with the feats of mass 3 and change velocity. That brings it up to 22 points. I may have made an error in the details I gave you. That means he can take 1000 pounds, not 500.
Last edited by Trogdor on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:32 am

Alton looks momentarily startled as remembers the situation at hand.

"Yes, of course. My apologies, Orion, but it seems I am still a scientist at heart. I suppose we shall simply have to make due without the distraction."

A hint of the previously extinguished wonder returns to Alton's face, along with a slight smile.

"Would you mind giving a brief demonstration?"