We be Goblins! - So you want to be a Hero?

Had enough of honor and heroism? Wann kick ass down low and dirty? Well then look no further than the Goblins of the Licktoad Tribe. The Licktoads are in search of a stach of hidden Fireworks cause burning stuff down is what Licktoads do best! Four of their most courageous heroes must head out and find the Fireworks to burn down the evil Longshanks!

A Pathfinder Oneshot run by Chief Big Stink mackaber
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

We be Goblins! - So you want to be a Hero?

Post by mackaber » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:29 pm

You are goblins of the Licktoad tribe, who live deep in Brinestump Marsh, south of the hated man-town called Sandpoint. Once, other goblins tried to burn Sandpoint down, and they would have been legends if they had succeeded. But they didn't bring enough fire, and got themselves killed as a result. Yesterday, your tribe discovered that one of your own had been using forbidden arts and was engaged in one of the greatest of taboos—writing things down. In fact, rumor holds that what he was writing was a history of your tribe! There's no swifter way to bring about bad luck than stealing words out of your mind by writing them down, and so your tribe had no choice. You branded the goblin's face with letters to punish him, which is why everyone calls him Scribbleface now, and then you ran him out of town, took all of his stuff, and burned down his hut.That's where things got interesting, because before you all burned down his hut, Chief Gutwad found a weird box within the building. Inside was a map and a lot of fireworks—fireworks that immediately came to use in burning the hut down. Then, this morning, Gutwad announced that tonight there would be a feast in order to drive out any lingering bad luck from Scribbleface's poor decisions. But perhaps even more exciting, all of you have been secretly invited to meet at Chief Gutwad's Moot House. Why would the chief want to speak to you? It can only mean that he's got an important mission for you all... one that the other goblins of the tribe couldn't pull off. This could be your chance to go down in Licktoad history!
You the most courageous Goblins of the licktoad tribe have been bade into the bosses Tent. If you would like to make any preperations then do so quick! The four of you are currently standing around in the center of Licktoad city.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: We be Goblins! - So you want to be a Hero?

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Reta Bigbag, the biggerst, badderest Goblin in all the Licktoad tribe, perhaps in all of goblindom. She is kinda tall for a goblin, and very very round, in fact some thing she might be with child her belly is so round, but it has been that way for a few years now, so if it is a goblin whelp in there it must be the biggest and baddest one ever. Her hair hangs down her immensely wide and round face, greasy and stringy, unwashed for months, just like it should be for a goblin -- everyone knows bathing is for pinkskins and fishes, and she isn't either of those.

She wears a set of muddy armor, with a few weapons danging from her belt including a bow over her back and her dogslicer blade she calls" Stick-stabber". Around her neck she wears a good luck charm, a dead cricket on a leather thong.

In her hand she holds a small helpless chipmunk. She has already poked out both its eyes, and broken off its front teeth. The poor creature is in terrible pain, screaming and squealing trying to get free, but there is no chance of that. She continues to torment it as she makes her way toward Chief Gutwad's tent.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:06 am

Poog is small of stature like many goblins, He dresses in what ever is available,tattered hides mostly covered by a dirty and slightly rusted chain shirt with his holy symbol of Zarongel hanging from his neck. He has a wand hanging from his belt, with a dog slicer across his back and 2 javelins.

On his shoulder is his lucky toad, with his former lucky toad hanging from his belt. As he wonders setting fires, and killing dogs, followed by setting fires to dogs he makes his way to the bosses tent.

"Vile dogsses, Zarongel demands they be punished! We must finds them and kills thems we must! Dogfinder will lead me to them he wills!"

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:48 am

Chuffy Lickwound hangs back from the other goblin, laughing to himself at some joke he just told to his pet spider, "Stankrush". With every skip or leap the little goblin makes, another boil or bobbing goiter pops on his face and head. So is the curse of the be-pimpled, little sneakthief.

As they walk towards the chief's hut, Chuffy pulls out a metal skewer and disappears for a moment. Hiding under a pile of rags for a few breaths, Chuffy delights in poking other goblin's feet and letting them run around thinking they were stung by some foul swamp insect. He laughs and tries to keep quiet, but after the third goblin hopping around on one foot, looking for the offending bug, Chuffy explodes from his hiding spot and runs to catch up witht he others. The exertion causes another handful of whiteheads to pop, showering a few unlucky party-goers with goblin fluids.

Finally catching up, Chuffy get's back to hopping along and poking one thing or another in the camp, many squeals following directly after.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am

Bezostul "Longshank"the perhaps most dimwitted of all Licktoads stands infront of Chief Gutwads tent. Many secretly whisper his mother was actually a hobgtoblin but no one would say such a thing to his face, only one even more dimwitted than Bezostul. As the four of you approach the chief's tent Bezostul opens his eyes as you come to a hlat before him. "What you stinks want here? Boss is waiting for mighty heroes no time for you weenie Goblins!"
I'm liking it guys. Just stalling a bit to wait on Wayloss. But if he doesn't show up just go ahead and friendPC Mogmursch...
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Reta watches as the others goblins come closer, she has no need for Poog, his finger wiggling and lucky toad always just bothered the wide gobliness. (Her own lucky toad Spotol a better toad than Poog's). Chuffy on the other hand is quick witted and has as vile a mind as any goblin should. She winks at the puss faced goblins, "Chuffy! You been hiding under furs again? Come to my hut tonight, I'll give you something to put at under the furs." She laughs and reaches into a pocket and pulls out a caterpillar, still wiggling she slurps it down as she finally pops the head off the chipmunk by squeezing it around the neck as hard as her hamfisted grip will allow.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Mogmursch trips while trying to catch up with the group, bottles and flasks scatter everywhere causing smart kobolds to also scatter, often when he droops the bottles horrible concoctions leak and splash. more then a few Kobolds have been immolated in fire potions. Once he spilled a potion called "SOAP" he had found in the pigskin town onto Reta and all her dirt fell off and took weeks to get back on.
Mogmursch bounces back to his feet no harm done and his potions thankfully have not gone far or started the village on fire...again. he takes broken, bent, rusted pair of glaces from a pouch and puts them on his face nodding to himself he catches up to the group and rubs his eyes through the frame with no lenses in it.
"Rempty would not let me go again!"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:31 pm

"Now get's away boss be waitin for heroes!" Bezostul barks as he looks down on the lot of you. As you are unwilling to step aside he raises his spear in an attempt to bat you aside. Just in that moment a loud scream comes from inside the tent "Bezostul ye dimwit let in the Heroes!" shouts Chief Gutwag. Hearing his boss Bezostul cowers together and steps aside "Ye heard the boss.."
Big Pimpin...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Chuffy smiles from ear to ear, his wickedly broken yellow teeth showing his excitement about Reta's suggestion. He capers about, singing to himself and doing tumbles in the muck, "Goin'a git me sum of dat tasty goblin booty!!! Goin'a git me sum of dat baby makin' gashie!!!"

His lucky toad, whatever it's name is, falls out of his groin pocket and hops around after him, hoping to be out back in where's it's safe. It's unfortunate, for the toads really, that Chuffy usually forgets he even has one. As is, the crazy little golblin is on his 165th "lucky" toad this year!

He stops all of a sudden and his smile is replaced by a look of pure clarity, something that's only happened two or three times this week. He looks at all the others and words slowly fall out of his mouth, "Sumbody thinkin' of fire? I 'eard it my noggin, all clear like..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Reta palms Bezostul in the chest pushing the guard back, "Horse-humper! We be da heroes, out of my way before I slice your grunlings off and feed let Mogmursch use them in one of his potions." She waddles into the tent munching on a caterpillar.

"Hey boss!" She does a little bow to the big chief her ample bosom nearly falling out of her shirt as she does. "You called for me?" tucking her lucky frog back into her pocket she stands with her hands on her hips.