Character Creation

OOC discussion for the game
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:23 am

I would be hesitant to go "Mover and Shaker". I would be most happy with Established, although I could be persuaded towards Veteran.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Personally I don't think we should go beyond established. The characters need to have somewhere to advance...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:31 pm

Almost forgot I should have the character in by midnight or so tonight...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 pm

I've got my character done for basic character creation. Waiting on the voting before I add xp for Established / Veteran status depending on how the voting goes.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 am

Looks like its going to be Established, which means an additional 35 exp for character creation. Also a note about how the character is established within the world to reflect these extra experience. As a note, I like short to the point character histories. If your going over a page then you may need to cut back to the important parts you want me to remember.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Basics are done now to spend experience, yahoo!!!

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 pm

So I don't know how specialized the rest of your characters went. I did Gnosis 2, and have Life 3 / Spirit 2 / Matter 2. Put a couple points into a Hallow, and bought a 3-point magic item (A cane that at a command word transforms into a sword. Will also double as my wand). All of my Rotes are Life rotes, mainly dealing with healing and armor.

I could have gotten Life 4, but if that really puts me ahead of the power curve from where you guys are spec-ing out your characters, I'm happy to stay with a balanced character to start with.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Cane approved, however its a 2 point Imbued Item unless it does something other than stabbing people with the sharp pointy end, or possibly even cutting with the sharp side.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:24 am

Mr. Coal's main focus is "Fate". With a side of Forces and a smidgen of Time. However, I haven't added experience points as of yet. I already have a gnosis of 3 with starting character points. This is because of his strong use of improvised spell use. He never knows what he will need or when in, his line of work...

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:38 pm

2 points, eh? Nice. I think I'd still like it to be a 3-point Item. Perhaps it simply has an equipment bonus to damage, or armor piercing. Like a combined imbued item (for the transformation), and enhanced item (for improved performance as a regular weapon). No point-and-click fireballs for me.

So after XP, how are the rest of your characters looking? Mainly wondering about Sphere levels.