Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

The year is 2112. Mankind has all but abandoned a desolate Earth in lieu of exploring space. Their homeworld laid waste and ravaged by a deadly virus, humanity makes their new home amongst the stars and planets that adorn the universe. Haunted reminders of a brutal past soon become prevalent and our heroes are forced to combat an ancient enemy. The dead rise from their graves and live once more! This time in space. AFMBE: Deadly Resurgence is a Hybridized Space Opera campaign in which players battle the undead in a futuristic science fiction/survival horror setting. Utilizing the All Flesh Must Be Eaten rules by UniSystem Games, Deadly Resurgence hopes to tell the tale of what it would be like if one were to encounter technologically advanced forms of undead in space.The game is run by our own Cyborg Psychotic, Eanwulf the Grey.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Though the official Start of the game, the following thread post is initially meant for TetNak and EvilMonkey. The rest of you will enter accordingly. Enjoy!
The morning sun continues to beat down upon Sheriff Steiner and his Deputy Sidekick (Sparx) as they sit outside of a local truckstop. Having just finished lending a hand to Old Man Krabitz at his farm, the two lawmen have since gone on to break up a domestic dispute between a rather sleazy salvage king and his (downright) disobedient pleasure droid and even managed to find the time to investigate the downright paranoid claims of 92 year old Agnus Crabtree's mysterious "peeping tom." Now breaking for what they feel is a much overdue and totally well-deserved brunch, the two officials currently find themselves amidst the middle of the morning crowd of Ragnar's Roadstop.
Ragnar's Roadstop: Former techno-viking pop icon, Ragnar "the 'Orrible" Rolvsson long since retired from his reign of mediocrity to try his hand at mining minerals on Rigil 7. Another "short-lived" career later, the massive (modified) man of alleged Norwegian descent has found himself catering to the needs of those Badlanders in need of a place to refuel or possibly even stay until they manage to shake off the effects of weariness and fatigue. Enter Ragnar's Roadstop (& Grill) - a wasteland truckstop for all the social dregs of the surrounding Badlands.
Whilst still enjoying their morning meals, the two lawmen suddenly hear the all-to-familiar squawking of their land rover's communipod. Surely, Mabel the dispatcher is calling and has something else for them to do this fine Badlands morning.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

Post by TetNak » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Frank is busy eating his overcooked steak and eggs, shoveling them into his mouth hungrily. "Busy today," he says offhandedly to Sparx before the call comes into their land rover. When it does come he curses, taking a gulp of his coffee and looks at the robot. "See what Mabel wants," he says offhandedly, not planning on getting up from his meal for just anything.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:48 am

"Why certainly, should I fetch your slippers as well?" The metal man rises from his "seat" at the greasy, crumb laden, and oddly sticky table to answer the call from dispatch. "Morning Mable, and what can I do for you today?"
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Some things never change...

Deputy Sparx approaches the Sheriff's land rover just as it completes another of its repetitious cycles.

"Unit One-Adam Nine. Come in, over. We've got a Complaining Party. Respond, over. Unit One-Adam Nine. Come in, over. We've got a Complaining Party. Please respond. Over. Dammit Frank, where the hell are you!?"

Upon hearing the Lawbot's response, the gruff old woman working dispatch replies.

"No time for pleasantries Deputy Sparx. You've got a job to do. We've got a 602 and a 488 in progress. Some nutjob out near the Boundary has reported a group of Natives siphoning off power from an abandoned relay station. The station itself appears to be on Private Property and the suspects are armed. I repeat the suspects are armed."

Giving Sparx time enough to process the call, Mabel then continues; her tone much more subdued and friendly.

"I'm sorry Sparkplug. I'm on edge this morning. Something about this nutjob's voice makes me think that he is serious. You two be careful out there ok? Coordinates are as follows..."
602 and 488: Tresspassing and Petty Theft.

The Boundary: Another name for where the Badlands meets No Man's Land.

Sparkplug: An affectionate name given to Deputy Sparx by Old Mabel.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 pm

"Oh boy, Frank's just gonna looove getting his lunch interrupted for that." he says, sarcasm flooding out from his vocal processor. "Alright Mabel we'll go check it out. If that witness is still on the line, tell him to keep his head down and stay out of sight, I don't want a simple trespassing and petty theft turning into a real crime scene." The lawbot ends the communication and heads back inside. "Frank, you better get that to go, we've got another call 602 and 488 at the old abandoned relay station." Preempting any potential moaning by Frank he adds "C'mon, that tusker meat's so bad already it's not like letting it sit could make it any worse."
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:12 am

"Wha?" Frank asks, turning and looking at Sparx over his shoulder. His mouth is full of food and he just starts cussing. This isn't exactly like shooting Sand Sprites, this could be serious. He grabs the plate and nods, "I will bring this back," Frank says, walking out the door and hoping into the passenger's seat. Sprax doesn't have to eat, he does. "Let's go," he says, grabbing the steak with his hand a tearing off a piece as he waits to be chauffeured to the crime scene.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

The two lawmen hop into their rover and begin to drive across the desert. Deputy Sparx makes sure to hit the occasional rough patch just to keep Sheriff Steiner on his toes, as well as to add a slight taste of discomfort to his morning meal. The two eventually wind up slowing their approach just outside of No Man's Land.

Having reached their final destination, the pair begin to survey the scene around them. Down below, near an abandoned relay station, the two lawmen notice a beat up truck siphoning power from the station's core and another equally as beat up vehicle (rambler) at the edge of a giant sinkhole. A lone Gekkan (minus some of his tail) appears to be working the winch that extends a cable down into the sinkhole. The sketchy looking character appears to be quite paranoid and soon notices the Sheriff and Deputy's presence. Now hollering down to whomever is in the sinkhole below, the frantic reptile-like alien then proceeds to dart about.
Sorry for lapse in posting. As previously mentioned, work has used me like a truck stop condom and finding time to write has simply not been there lol. Let's all get on the same thread now and get this show on the road!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 am

** Up Top **
"Alright, get on em' Sparx," Steiner says to his robot companion. He draws out his gun and shoots it up in the air while yelling, "Hey there! Stop that! Drop your weapons! We're the LAW!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:37 am

** Down Below **
Hearing Slim's cry of warning, Veejay suddenly remembers that he had called the sheriff. The sheriff will doubtless not be happy to see Veejay engaging in what to the lawman will undoubtedly appear like breaking and entering and these yahoos will doubtless not be pleased to find out he called the sheriff on them. Trying to think of a way out of this, Veejay leaves the chamber and calls up to the gekkan, "Haul me up and let me talk to them!" Turning to the non-brain damaged miner who seems to be in charge, he says, "I, ah, called the sheriff earlier when it looked like you fellows might be in a pinch of trouble. I don't think he's going to much care for us trying to find out what the Illuminati are up to here. It would look rather criminal to him I imagine. Let me see if I can smooth things out. As a mineralogist working for an important company, I am somewhat more respectable--no offense meant," he finishes awkwardly.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:59 am

**Up Top **
The Gekkan looks panicked. He quickly kicks the gear to the winch and proceeds to walk forwards, his hands raised in the air. One of which appears to be holding a club.
Squinting, the two of you barely realize that the item held is the lizardman's severed tail.
** Down Below **
Slim gives the winch a kick and begins to walk away from up top. The mechanical sounds of cable winding are then heard. If you want to leave, now is the time to do so! Over in the corner, Gus continues to fashion himself a rather larg-sized bunny out of his remaining putty explosive. Two remote detonators serve as the poorly-fashioned creature's ears.
The train is leaving. Get up or get out!