Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

The year is 2112. Mankind has all but abandoned a desolate Earth in lieu of exploring space. Their homeworld laid waste and ravaged by a deadly virus, humanity makes their new home amongst the stars and planets that adorn the universe. Haunted reminders of a brutal past soon become prevalent and our heroes are forced to combat an ancient enemy. The dead rise from their graves and live once more! This time in space. AFMBE: Deadly Resurgence is a Hybridized Space Opera campaign in which players battle the undead in a futuristic science fiction/survival horror setting. Utilizing the All Flesh Must Be Eaten rules by UniSystem Games, Deadly Resurgence hopes to tell the tale of what it would be like if one were to encounter technologically advanced forms of undead in space.The game is run by our own Cyborg Psychotic, Eanwulf the Grey.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

Post by Muskrat » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:02 am

Veejay is unable to hold his tongue. "You've hardly given me a chance. For goodness' sake, I called for you to come in the first place. Check with your phone operator--I gave her my name, Dr. Veejay Parathasan, when I called in."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 am

Steiner and Veejay continue to quibble as Gus makes his way out the manhole. The dimwitted man isn't too happy to see someone other than Zeke or Slim standing topside and quickly begins to grumble and fidget. Now rising to the top of the sinkhole via Dr. Veejay's winch-cable, Gus breathes a sigh of relief to see his two companions still alive and well (though under apparent arrest) and continues to fidget with something that sounds like and strongly resembles an old-style "clickable" fountain pen. Sadly however, it is not one!
Sending PM's to summarize things.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 am

"Hey, what is that?" Frank says, looking dismayed as it turns red. He takes several steps back quickly, "Sparx, get those others out of there." The sheriff takes aim, "I suggest you undue what ever you're up to, or get a bullet in the brain, friend!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:25 am

"Oh, dear," says Veejay, not quite sure what's going on, but upset by the threats of violence. "Do go easy on him! He's brain-damaged! I mean, just look at him, for goodness sake!"

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 am

If Sparx could look terrified, he would. Recognizing the device for what it is, a remote detonator. "Everybody find some cover, NOW! THATS A DETONATOR!!!" Several various subroutines kick in and the metal man moves at breakneck speed, grabbing the tard and hauling ass away from the hole. "You are so going to prison for this!" he screams to the brain damaged man as he drags him away...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:50 pm

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear," says Veejay, as he dashes for cover on the far side of his car. As he hunkers down, he considers climbing in and simply driving away from this whole mess. But the sheriff has his name and can hunt him down later. Veejay's boss can probably pull some strings if he gets in some hot water--but only if he plays the situation by the rules. He sighs and braces himself for the blast.
Uh, could we not use the term "tard"? I realize it's in character and everything, but it still makes me uncomfortable. I hear it used much too much as a casual insult by my students to just sort of shrug it off.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah no problem, sometimes I forget that people use it as an insult.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 am

MOOD MUSIC Unsure as to what it is that Gus is clicking and fidgeting with, Sheriff Steiner assumes a defensive posture and shouts out a warning to the nervous man. No sooner than the Sheriff does this then Deputy Sparx clacks out a warning of his own. It would seem that the dimwitted human has been fumbling about with some form of a detonation device and the thing is now currently armed and blinking with activity. Whether or not the mentally impaired Badlander is actually aware of what it is that he is doing still remains to be seen. It is quite obvious however, that Deputy Sparx has no desire whatsoever for anyone around him to get blown up over the fool's actions, and it shows!

Seizing Gus up by the scruff of his neck, the Deputy immediately cries out for the others to try and seek safety and cover. Unbeknown to the mechanical lawman, his actions also meet with a most tragic result. Shrieking with fright as the Deputy seizes him, the dimwitted Gus immediately stammers aloud, proclaiming "Huh!? What!?" No sooner than his feet have left the ground, then the remote detonator slips free from the panicked man's hand. During this time Dr. Veejay has successfully managed to crouch down behind his rambler and contemplates hopping into his vehicle and driving off. Likewise, the others also duck and dodge frantically for cover.

That's when the trouble comes!
** BA-DOOM !!! **
The detonator's contact with the ground beneath it is more than enough force to actually "trigger" the device. Those topside are suddenly wracked by a massive explosion as Gus' plastic explosive bunny rabbit somewhere down below is suddenly detonated. Still reeling in the cloudy effects of the tremendous blast, our heroes struggle desperately to regain their senses.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 am

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear," Veejay keeps saying to himself as the explosion goes off and he shields his head with his hands as the rubble rains down. He has decided that this sheriff and his robot assistant are a pair of incompetent boobs and fervently wishes he had never called them. Once things have stopped falling from the sky, he peers back around his car, anxious both about who might be hurt and how much damage might have been done to the Illuminati site below. If it's still occupied, they'll certainly come out and mindwipe everyone now.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:33 am

Though he can not make out any silhouettes through the massive cloud of dust and debris that still settles about him, Dr. Veejay does notice a rather sizable chunk of metal framework skewering the front end of his beat up rambler.
A 5 ft. section of rusted metal frame now protrudes through the engine block of your car. Enjoy :)