Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

The year is 2112. Mankind has all but abandoned a desolate Earth in lieu of exploring space. Their homeworld laid waste and ravaged by a deadly virus, humanity makes their new home amongst the stars and planets that adorn the universe. Haunted reminders of a brutal past soon become prevalent and our heroes are forced to combat an ancient enemy. The dead rise from their graves and live once more! This time in space. AFMBE: Deadly Resurgence is a Hybridized Space Opera campaign in which players battle the undead in a futuristic science fiction/survival horror setting. Utilizing the All Flesh Must Be Eaten rules by UniSystem Games, Deadly Resurgence hopes to tell the tale of what it would be like if one were to encounter technologically advanced forms of undead in space.The game is run by our own Cyborg Psychotic, Eanwulf the Grey.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:55 am

"Oh dear," Veejay says again as he stands up and stares at the damage to his car. He suddenly remembers that he has left his holocamera on throughout this whole mess. This will clearly establish that this was not his fault--he was doing a perfectly good job of rescuing the locals from the pit until the sheriff showed up and everything blew sky high. He intends to send a copy of this to the sheriff's superiors. Perhaps they will discipline him. A copy to his boss, will hopefully get him off the hook, though they will be annoyed with his insistence on exploring what lay below. He may get a reprimand, but he's too good a scientist for them to fire.

He sighs and moves forward, calling out, "Hello? Is everyone all right?" If anyone's hurt, he'll do what he can to help--even if it's the sheriff or the robot.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 am

The blast momentarily puts Sparx into an automatic 'Sleep mode'. His visual sensors lighting up with random fragments of code, target scanners survey the damage around him. At first he is confused as to what has just transpired but as more circuits come back on and his memory unit becomes active once again he realizes what has occured and immediately flies into rescue protocols. He reaches down to see if the slow witted bunny bomber is still in one piece and begins to yell out above the din of falling debris and crackling flames. "Frank, Frank, you alive out there?!" A subroutine is triggered by the blast, running a rarely used scripted, replaying, message separate from his voice. "This is Lawbot Unit SP4RK, Serial number M-1197331 Please remain calm, a massive detonation has taken place. Stay where you are, search teams will find you shortly..."
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Frank's eyes blink open. His head pounds and back aches. The man slowly rolls up to his knees and looks around, but he cannot see hardly anything from the dust flying through the air. A racking cough almost drops him back to the ground, but the lawman forces himself up to his feet. "WHAT THE HELL!?!" he calls out, squeezing his hand to ensure the peacemaker is still there. "Where is that idiot?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Not hearing any screams of pain, Veejay concludes everyone is alright. He calls out, clearly angry, "I say, sheriff, some see what your incompetence had done to my car. I warned you that fellow was brain-damaged, but you insisted on manhandling and look what happened--there's a giant chunk of stone sitting right in my engine block! I want you to know I've been recording this whole thing--and your superiors will get a record! First, coming in guns blazing, like a petty case of theft was a hostage situation! Refusing to listen to me when I repeatedly told you I called you in! And now this! This really takes the cake!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Frank coughs hard, then gives Veejay a blank stare, "Maybe you shouldn't have been trespassing?" Frank points his gun at Veejay's forehead. "Sparx, we're arresting them all." His stare breaks into a smile, "I'm sure they would appreciate a recording."

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 am

"Sure thing Frank." He gives a yank to the unibrow bomber. "You're coming with me." A hatch pops open on the side of sparx' body, revealing several sets of handcuffs. "You have the right to remain silent, please use it. Anything you say can, and most probably will, get you beaten. You have the right to legal representation, but considering the good doctor over there says he has everything on tape, it won't do you any good. Now put your hands behind your back or I'll break them off and put them there for you." Each sentence starts loud enough for everyone to hear it and then fades into a whisper only audible by the deputy and the dumbass detonator...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Veejay sighs and puts out his hands to be cuffed. He realizes running his mouth off life that was probably stupid, but the incompetence of these two is so infuriating. As the robot cuffs him, he says, "Just so you know I'm not trying to pose a threat to you, I will tell you I'm carrying a pistol--all properly licensed, strictly for self-defense out here in the wastelands. I would also point, I told you about the brain-damaged fellow down there." Maybe later he can explain how he wasn't trespassing, but rescuing the two who had fallen into the hole. Right now it's obvious these yahoos won't listen. He looks through the dust towards the hole, frustrated because this time he wasn't even thwarted from finding out more about the Illuminati by the conspirators themselves but a pair of incompetent law enforcement agents. He turns back to the sheriff and says, "Can I at least ask what you plan to do with my car? My employer will be rather distressed if you just leave it out here." He's counting on his employers to bail him out of this ridiculous situation.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 am

"Would you shut up?" Frank expertly flips out the cuffs with one hand and puts them around Veejay's wrists. "Your car will be impounded as evidence of your trespassing. I guess when we're done with it your almighty employer can come pick it up. Looks like they'll need to tow it though." The sheriff shrugs.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Veejay sighs and shuts up. He remains confident that when everything is cleared up, he will come out looking fine. Well, there is that part where he tried to cut through the doorway, but he had good reason. If he can just explain to someone intelligent about the Illuminati ...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Let's hold right here until the GM plays catchup. Been a rough week and co-worker recently got himself into a pickle with one of the local drug-lord wannabe's at work. Will try to start putting things in motion as time permits at work, finishing up tonight.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!