Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

The year is 2112. Mankind has all but abandoned a desolate Earth in lieu of exploring space. Their homeworld laid waste and ravaged by a deadly virus, humanity makes their new home amongst the stars and planets that adorn the universe. Haunted reminders of a brutal past soon become prevalent and our heroes are forced to combat an ancient enemy. The dead rise from their graves and live once more! This time in space. AFMBE: Deadly Resurgence is a Hybridized Space Opera campaign in which players battle the undead in a futuristic science fiction/survival horror setting. Utilizing the All Flesh Must Be Eaten rules by UniSystem Games, Deadly Resurgence hopes to tell the tale of what it would be like if one were to encounter technologically advanced forms of undead in space.The game is run by our own Cyborg Psychotic, Eanwulf the Grey.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Chapter One: Outbreak on Rigil 7

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 am

"Mabel!" Frank yells out into the radio, "Some idiot let off a hell of an explosion then was able to steal our wheels." He lets up on the button and curses to himself, sounding like a fool, what sheriff lets his car get stolen. "We need a pickup, plus some others we found at the scene. We're still at the last damn place you sent us."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:20 am

"*What Frank!?*" Mabel replies, her staticky voice now guffawing with either laughter or chronic smoker's cough. "*You blew up your car!?* *No wait, your car was stolen. Is that right?* *Over...*" The radio suddenly squelches loudly and it is all Dr. Veejay can do to continue receiving a signal. He does still manage to however, for the time being. "*I gotcha Sheriff...*" Mabel eventually states, having made out the gist of Frank's dilemma. "*Old Mabel's on the case, don't you and my little Sparkplug worry none!* *Though it might take some time for me to send out backup.* *It looks like some looney and his goons have holed up at the mag-grav station, demanding immediate passage to Rigil City.* *Most of our boys are tied up there, but I'll see what I can do.* *Over...*"
Mag-grav Station = Local Train Depot. Magnetic Gravity based super accelerated choo-choo trains.

Also foreshadowing the next chapter :twisted:
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 am

"Mabel! Just send out someone who can drive, dammit! With enough to lug five of us back. Don't have to send no law!" The man starts cursing once Mabel can't hear. He never curses in front of Mabel, at least if he knows what's good for him he doesn't.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 am

As Steiner finishes up his conversation with Mabel, Gus whines some more from down below. "C'mon Th'eke!" the horrid little man begins. "An'ther me! I think I'm bleeding. Th'o hard to tell though...I'th pitch black down here and my a'th i'th all cold and wet. Hell Th'eke, I even think that I'm th'arting to th'ee flickering light'th now too! Plea'th The'ke...come down and help."
Gus' voice sounds scared, sincere, and weak. Maybe the little guy really did go and hurt himself down there for real.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 am

Veejay finds it ridiculous that the sheriff insists on pointing his gun at him while he looks for the equipment that will help the man, but this time he says nothing.

Once Frank has managed to get his call through to the dispatcher, Veejay walks up cautiously to the deputy robot. He tells the machine, "I would be careful going in there. I have reason to believe it is more than it appears. I think this is a hideout of the Illuminati, a vast conspiracy trying to control the fate of humanity for their own ends. You see, studying them is my avocation, you might say. If we're careful when we go in, we may learn more about their nefarious plans--but if we're not, they may catch us and mindwipe us."
Yeah, that's exactly what I posted before, but it's still what Veejay would say.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:50 am

Zeke reaches into his pocket and retreives what looks like a pen. "Damin you tin man there are a couple of things you should know. One, I triained that dar bonehead how to prepare and detonate explosives and I'm sure he has more. The other thing is that I am holding an Ion burst dead mans switch in my hand and if you don't let go of me I'm gonna be mind wiping an electrical butt wiping machine by the name of Sparx or some other". A look of try me crossing the miners face as he does his best to turn towards the hole. "Be holdin' on dar Gus I'll see what I can do from up here"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Sparx looks at the insane miner. "Before you go off and do something rash, let me explain a few things. Firstly, I'm Ion and EMP shielded. Second, I have backup failsafes that will auto fire this shotgun if they sense any catastrophic powerfailure or attempt to cause such. Third, my circuitry can be rewired, my components can be replaced. Whilst your brain cannot be put back together if I turn it into chunky, buckshot, soup." The shotgun moving a couple centimetres forward to emphasize the point. "Now, your boom companion seems to be injured and stuck in a hole. Your scaly friend left your ass in the dust and the crazy one is currently aiding us, your list of allies grows short. So the way I see it, you have two options, the first is that you be a dumbass and flip that switch, in which case I will most likely giggle and shoot you out of spite and if I don't, Frank over there, will. Or you can put the pen down and help me, help your friend, it's all up to you."
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 pm

"Oh, dear," says Veejay very softly to himself as Zeke threatens Sparx and the robot threatens him back. Veejay rather suspects Zeke is bluffing, but isn't sure. He finds himself wondering why everybody but him is so unreasonable. Maybe the Illuminati have some machine here that warps people's thought patterns and he's immune to it from repeated contact. He edges away from Zeke and Sparx, hoping to avoid getting blown up.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Did Mabel say she was going to send a gopher?
When done Frank shakes his head and walks over toward the others and peers down into the hole. "You are all some stupid folk," he says, shaking his head. He gives Zeke a quick look as his deputy and the man banter back and forth. The sheriff sees no overt signs of danger so he replaces his peacemaker back into its holster. "You have a lamp we can lower down there?" he asks to the paranoid schizophrenic that helped him with the radio.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Veejay says, "Yes, I should. Let me check my car again." He resigns himself to having the sheriff needlessly point his gun at him, while he rummages through the things in his backseat, before coming up with a large light. He has used it frequently in the past to look into crevasses to see what lies in them, before entering them to prospect for minerals. "Here you go," he says, handing the equipment over to the sheriff. He will leave it to him to set up, so he does not risk getting shot for doing something suspicious looking to the obviously paranoid lawman. He peers down into the hole, curious to see what Illuminati secrets the light might uncover.