Let the questions begin...

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Let the questions begin...

Post by Muskrat » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:33 pm

What about this guy? OK, he doesn't have a visible face, but that sort of fits with being a crazy survivalist and he certainly looks sci-fi.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:54 pm

I like.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:10 pm

I concur. Much thanks!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Here's my character. Eanwulf, let me know if there's any tweaks I should make to better adjust him for the adventure.

Character: Dr. Veejay Parathasan
Player: Muskrat
Height: 5'10”
Weight: 165 lbs.
Appearance: Veejay is of South Asian descent. Focused on his conspiracy theories, he does not always pay proper attention to his appearance, with his hair, beard and clothes all somewhat disheveled.

Character Concept: Mineralogist & Conspiracy Theorist
Character Type: Survivor

Primary Attributes (+20)
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Constitution: 4
Intelligence: 5
Perception: 3
Willpower: 4

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: ((Str+Con)x4)+10: 34
Endurance Points: ((Str+Con+Will)x3)+5: 35
Speed: (Dex+Con)x2: 12
Essence: Str+Dex+Con+Int+Per+Will: 20

Qualities (+15, +3 from Drawbacks)
Bag of Tricks (One of the Living, p. 16) (+3)
Contacts--Fellow conspiracy theorists (+1)
Contacts--Boss at work (+1)
Cyberware (+3)
Data Jack (+2)
Holovid Camera (+5)
Photographic Memory (+2)
Resources--Middle Class (+1)

Drawbacks (-8 )
Attractiveness (-1): Disheveled.
Charisma (-1): Veejay's habit of constantly rambling on about his conspiracy theories is extremely annoying.
Delusions of Grandeur (-2): Veejay is convinced that he alone knows the truth about the grand conspiracies controlling human history and that it is his duty to uncover them and make other people aware of them.
Obsession (-2): Proving his conspiracy theories true.
Showoff (-2)

Skills (+35, +5 from Drawbacks)
Brawling (+2)
Bureaucracy (+3)
Computers (+3)
Driving--Car (+2)
First Aid (+2)
Gun--Pistol (+2)
Humanities--History (+3)
Myth & Legend--Conspiracy Theories (+5)
Research/ Investigation (+4)
Science--Chemistry (+4)
Science--Mineralology (+5)
Science--Physics (+4)
Survival--Desert (+1)

Character Description: Veejay's colleagues regard him as a brilliant scientist--and a complete crank obsessed with conspiracy theories. This is a fairly accurate assessment. Veejay is convinced he understands the true underpinnings of human history, which he attributes to competing conspiracies by the Knights Templar and the Illumnati. He sees it as his duty to make the rest of the world aware of this, though, other than his fellow conspiracy theorists, no one takes him seriously. His skills as a scientist have kept him employed, even though he has trouble focusing on his work thanks to his fixation on saving the world from the great conspiracies out there. As a result of his obsession though, his employers do send Veejay on the least desirable, most remote assignments in order to keep him out of their hair and their office. Veejay has had rudimentary training in basic survival skills, such as first aid and combat, convinced he will need to defend himself when the Knights Templar or Illuminati come for him. He is overconfident though and thinks he is much better trained at these things than he actually is.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 am

Veejay's equipment: Blaster, Breather, Hands-Free Phone, Laptop Computer, Nanoweave Armor, Scanner

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:20 am

This planet is considerably more low-tech than blasters and nanoweave. Hence the Sheriff's .45 Peacemaker and Shotguns. If out in the desert, you'd probably have some form of survival suit akin to Class I body armor with the breather and recyclable water supply fitted in it - akin to Dune's Fremen suits. So much sand and grit would make true blasters sort of useless as it tends to deflect and warp energy blasts, -2 penalty to shots made outdoors in the constantly shifting sands of Rigil 7. Kind of why traditional slugs are used.
Last edited by Eanwulf on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:34 am

Zeke works for me thank you... :D
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:54 pm

OK, so make my gun a 10 mm handgun, or whatever else is appropriate.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Zeke shapes explosive charges into the faces of his ex wives. Call it a quirk...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:39 am

I do that in real life. Quite refreshing!

Off Monday and Tuesday, so will do what I can to get things rolling sometime then. Should give most of us time to get back home and into the swing of things again.

On a side note, I managed to play a one shot game with some friends and had a blast. We did a Dawn of the Dead type setting in the Hood and my Human Mountain Thug Gangsta outlived everyone! Gotta love sociopaths with lots of guns! Shot anything that moved then nearly starved to death before going out in one huge blaze of glory! Good times!