[12282] First Steps, P2: To Delve the Dungeon Deep

On Golarion, the world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, the Pathfinder Society is an organization of explorers, vagabonds, sages, and treasure hunters determined to plumb the depths of the darkest tombs, and collect relics and lore from bygone ages. Every member shares one common dream: to contribute to the Pathfinder Chronicles, printed editions of secret lore coveted by the Society wherein only the most impressive finds and bravest exploits of the Pathfinders are immortalized.

In Pathfinder Society Organized Play, you play a member of the Pathfinder Society, seeking fortune and glory all over the face of Golarion. At the same time, your character works for one of the five competing nation-based factions, all with their own motivations and secret agendas.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

[12282] First Steps, P2: To Delve the Dungeon Deep

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Welcome back!

This is part 2 of the First Steps, Pathfinder Society Introductory Scenario. PFSOP Event ID 12282.

** Part 1 Reporting **
Kiwi, Wulfric, Misha all have credit via PFSOP you should see your fame and session report on the pathfinder official web site. I also got GM credit and character fame and XP that I can give to one of my own PFSOP characters, that character just doesn't get the gold or unlocks the items.

Kazmere - you have a society # (for you), but not a character #. You just need to create/add a character to your PFSOP account and it'll be character #1, then I can add the credit to your character. Characters get the credit (not players).

Davic, Kira/Haseo - if you want the PFSOP credit for your char, just let me know. You just need to create a PFSOP account and then add a character to that account, then tell me your society (player) and character #s. Send me a PM, if you add your #s to your char sheet.

ardh05 used the option (that I gave a long time ago) to treat the first character as a pregen and roll a new one after playing it for a session. So look forward to a new character joining your group.

A few days have passed since our Pathfinder recruits performed Assignment #17 for the venture-captain Ambrus Valsin. Those tasks sent the group out into the varied districts Absalom assisting important figures within the Pathfinder Society. Along the way back to the Pathfinder Lodge, the group was assaulted by a team of would-be thieves. The band of thieves sought to take advantage of the new Pathfinders by taking their gold and new equipment - something that is common place since many of the new Pathfinders are new to Absalom, unfamiliar with the city, and have spent a good deal of money on adventuring gear. However, the thieves didn't expect the combat skills shown by the group and was quickly dispatched.

The group reached the Pathfinder Lodge and there venture-captain Ambrus Valsin mentioned to them that another important figure within the Pathfinder Society may have a mission for them soon and they should expect to hear within a couple of days.

As the recruits go about their daily routines, a messenger from the Pathfinder Lodge finds each of them and delivers a sealed note with dual stamps. The first stamp is that of the Pathfinder Society and the second stamp is that of the Lantern Lodge. The Lantern Lodge is a faction within the Pathfinder Society that is based in the exotic land of Tian Xia and seeks to combine the knowledge of their lands with that of Absalom and the rest of the world.
Tian Xia is this nation where the samurai, ninjas, geishas, etc. are from. Think of this as the "Oriental Adventures" region within the Pathfinder world. It's really far away from Absalom and none of you have been there before.
Welcome back, feel free to role play whatever your doing when you receive the note. The messenger doesn't know the contents and was ordered to just give it you. If you like, you can be 'hanging out' with other players when you receive the note or by yourself. Seems like nearly everyone was near Kiwi/Davic's alchemist lab/crafting room, so it's fine if everyone starts off there.

You expected another mission of sorts from your last talk with the venture-captain, so nothing is suspicious about the messenger or note. Each of you receives a personally addressed note in a fancy envelope.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: [12282] First Steps, P2: To Delve the Dungeon Deep

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:35 pm

When the messenger comes, Davic is leaning back in a chair, chatting with Kiwi and waiting for a preparation to finish condensing. He takes the note and tosses the messenger a silver coin.

"Well look what we have here, Kiwi," he says to his friend. "Another mission, I'll wager. And this one from the Lantern Lodge." Then he opens up the missive and sees what it says.
Deducted 1 SP from my sheet.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:00 pm

The messenger bows respectfully towards Davic but refuses to accept payment. He states, "I cannot accept payment. Please forgive my tradition, but I cannot accept payment for my duties." His words come with a thick Tian accent.

As he leaves, he bows to the others standing near by as he hands them their envelopes. After delivering the envelopes, he turns and marches back out of the room.
You can keep the SP, for things like this, we can just RP that you gave him a tip, but you don't need to deduct it from your sheet. Save the money for actual purchases.
Just to give a feel for Tian Xia

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:10 am

Wulfric is wandering the streets (hopefully with Misha) when the messenger comes. It's not hard to spot the giant scar-ridden barbarian. "Uhm, thank you..." Wulfric responds to the Tian man's arrival. The large Ulfen then bows formally and retorts with a message of his own. "I'll be sure to read it right away, thank you and good day." Having bid the messenger good day, Wulfric quickly pauses to examine the envelope's contents. Hopefully it's a job!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:06 am

A young looking half elf walks in, his right hand on a creature that looks like a jet black wolf, except it doesn't seem to have any fur. The half elf is average in both height and weight, with brown hair and grey eyes. What sets him out, however, is the glowing rune on the back of his right hand. He walks up to the large man, offering his left hand. "Hello, there. My name is Haseo. I was told I could find an adventuring group here. This is Kira, he's my only friend at the moment." He adds, indicating the wolf-thing at his side.
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Misha is wandering the streets of Absalom with Wulfric and taking in the sights of this legendary city when she gets the message.

"Come on Wulf. We have to get back to the others and discuss what this means. I'll be they're at Kiwi's alchemist shop."

With that Misha tugs at the large man to turn him and then begins to quickly flit around and through the crowd on her way back to the Lodge, her interest in anything but the coming adventure seemingly gone.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:52 pm

The messenger looks at the half-elf and then says with a thick accent, "I am sorry. I do not know of any adventuring groups." Then the samurai hands the half-elf an envelope and says, "There are others in the back room who also received a letter."

As the samurai states this, he turns to see a large Ulfen and another half-elf walk past and towards that same room. "Those two also received a letter. Good day, sir."
We're going to RP that your character did another task already for Pathfinders at same time that this group did, so you have 1 task already under your belt, but just didn't travel with these guys. Also assume that the venture-captain Ambrus also said you'd be getting a letter soon too.

The samurai is mostly just a NPC for delivering the note, he's not attached with the Pathfinder Society other than with Amari Li (Lantern Lodge) as a guard/servant/messenger, so he wouldn't know about internal PFS business/missions, etc.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:19 pm

By the large man, I actually meant Wulfric... sry, should have specified.

Haseo moves to the back, repeating his greeting. "Hello, my name is Haseo. I understand you are a group of Pathfinders?"
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 pm

The large Ulfen turns to have Haseo, then stares down at his hairless companion. "Aye," Wulfric responds warily, "We are. The names...Wulf-ric..."

"This is Misha," the scarred barbarian adds whilst pointing to the heavily concealed half-elf by his side.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Kiwi is a little pygmy gnome with shocking bright green hair and all manner of trinkets and totems and dead things hanging from him. He sits with Davic, in his hand he holds shrunken monkey head, he's salted the head and is now sewing the eyes and mouth closed as he hums a little ritual tune. He pauses long enough to take the note, and pop the seals and read it. As the others arrive he looks up and smiles at the big wolf, "Greeting Kira, care for a toy?" He takes the finished monkey head and rolls it across the floor to the wolf like some macabre chew toy for the wolf.
You can find all our bios and pics here ardh05

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... =5884.html

I suggest you put one up yourself for us to look at.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring