[12282] First Steps, P2: To Delve the Dungeon Deep

On Golarion, the world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, the Pathfinder Society is an organization of explorers, vagabonds, sages, and treasure hunters determined to plumb the depths of the darkest tombs, and collect relics and lore from bygone ages. Every member shares one common dream: to contribute to the Pathfinder Chronicles, printed editions of secret lore coveted by the Society wherein only the most impressive finds and bravest exploits of the Pathfinders are immortalized.

In Pathfinder Society Organized Play, you play a member of the Pathfinder Society, seeking fortune and glory all over the face of Golarion. At the same time, your character works for one of the five competing nation-based factions, all with their own motivations and secret agendas.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Act 2: Asad's Keep

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Wulfric scratches his chin stating, "I don't have any use for the shiny round thing, but the bracers would be nice." He looks over to the others then back to the item. Finally, he throws his hands up saying, "Nah, I don't need them. Don't think they'll fit my forearms anyways."

The barbarian exits the room and returns to the corridor. "I think we should get going. There can't be too many of these rooms left to explore."

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 am

"I could use the bracers for certain. I would like to wear them until we get back to the 'safety' of the city." says Misha.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:08 pm

I can't use the Pearl, and the bracers are no better than my leather. I say let the spellcasters have them no problem
Kiwi doesn't lay claim to the new magical items, the pearl is very pretty and he inspects it for a few minutes but then gives it over to the others where it can be put to better use. "As my uncle used to say when we were hunting Terror Birds. Onward!" He just walks off down the hall without waiting for the others.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 am

Haseo chuckles at the strange ways of Kiwi, then follows him out of the room.
I think Haseo is the only spellcaster, and he wears a chain shirt...
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Kazmere is right on his companions track not interested in delaying their expedition any further.
Big Pimpin...

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Misha moves off with everyone. No need to hang about. As she moves she puts on the bracers as no one else seemed to want them at present.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:56 pm

I'll need some time to update map. Here's a quick post to keep us going. I'll be back to normal posting on Wed or Thur
With the room secured and valuables collected, the group continues onwards and back towards where they entered via the tunnel with the former Pathfinder cartographer and nearly turned ghoul, who then turned on them and nearly turned their Northern barbarian friend into a ghoul.

The corridor leads back into a larger chamber where they fought the skeleton upon entering the ruins. This 'bone chamber' is littered with bones and a few smashed bones from the skeleton they fought. There appears to be no more threats in this room as these skeletons and bones are truly dead.

There appears to only be one direction they have not searched yet and that is towards the ruin's main entrance. So the group heads that way.

The entry room has a large wooden door that appears to lead outside where they initially discovered Maurit. The room is large, dank, and a strange draft flows through it carrying with it a foul odor. Rubble is strewn here and there. A strange, slimy slick glistens down the western wall. Near the slick is a wooden door. The only sound in this room is a faint drip echoing from deeper in the dungeon.

Near the slick wall are three smaller rooms which appear to be very old, ancient prison cells. From their vantage point, they group sees something in the prison cells but closer inspection would be needed to discover what lurks there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Kiwi stands with his hands on his hips gazing at the slime, "Now that could make for an excellent coagulant form my next concoction. I wonder if its poisonous or flammable." He attempts to recall any such slime he's seen in the past such as this as he moves forward slowly to inspect it and test it. He ignores the item in the prison cell for now, the others will no doubt investigate that, he has slime to check!
Knowledge checks on the slime?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Davic walks over to Kiwi and swipes a little of the slime off on his finger, bringing it up to his nose to sniff it. "I'm afraid I'm more knowledgeable about mosses than slimes," he says apologetically. "But this does seem to have some interesting properties. I'll be interested in seeing how it works."
Davic has Craft(alchemy), but not Knowledge(dungeon). So he'll leave the final call to Kiwi.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 am

Haseo looks at the two investigating the slime and chuckles. "Anyone else curious about what's in the cell over there? I can send Kira in with some light if we want to look..."
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.