Chapter 1: A Knife in the Dark

All civilizations have a beginning. Some have a golden age. All have a decline Star Wars: Twilight of the Jedi chronicles the slow downward spiral of the Republic and eventual rise of the Galactic Empire. Steeped in subterfuge, political scheming, violence , and even war, Twilight of the Jedi is a carefully constructed virtual world made to order for a group of players who know each other in the real world but also seek a forum for PbP gaming.Run by Darth Bo
MiracleMax
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Chapter 1: A Knife in the Dark

Post by MiracleMax » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:41 am

Rho gives a nod to Deth. Looks like he has more tricks up his sleeve than one would guess on the surface.

Turning to Corliss, Rho says "I suggest you peruse the wares with all prudent haste, Senator. We wouldn't want to bring unwanted attention to the mistress's business. But clearly the items are of unquestioned quality. Some of the finest we've come across, sir."

Rho keeps his eyes peeled and stays near Corliss' side.
I'm just looking for anything else out of place besides this Dug.
Perception check: roll 9 + 8 = 17

Aaron
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 am

"Right, of course... my wife," Corliss does his best to look casual as he begins to browse the displays. After a few moments he turns back to the Dug. "Is this Mistress Melax the proprietor? If so I would like to meet her. I find a female perspective most helpful when picking out a lady's gift."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm

The Dug replies. "Yes... yes indeed. In business for over five standard years now." Nodding again he chirps into a comlink. "Sorry to bother you, my Lady," he says. "There are some customers out here who would like to speak to you."

As if taking her time, it is every bit of ten minutes before Melax arrives. She is a tall, attractive woman with perfect skin and red hair. Her form fitting gown is quite flattering. She gives a bow to the trio of 'customers.'

"A pleasure to meet you. How can I be of assistance?"
So I googled 'star wars mistress' to get a picture for the dramatis personae threat but was greeted with some rather scantily clad women.. I decided to let sleeping dogs lie and not post a picture ;)
~Bo~

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:12 pm

The Zabrak, who somehow managed to light a cigar while they were standing there without anybody noticing it opens his mouth wide at the sight of the merchant and almost lets it drop from his mouth before catching himself and clenching his jaw closed tightly, nearly cutting the cigar in half this time.

Remembering his "role", Deth casually places himself between the beautiful merchant woman and Corliss, acting as bodyguard. He does not impede sight however, he is just off to the side.
C'mon, we're all married men here, we need as many scantily clad pics of women as we can get. LOL
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Aaron
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Corliss bows in response. He steps a bit closer to the woman and tries to turn away from the Dug to do his best not to be overheard. Doing his best to speak in a refined and calming voice, he continues, "The pleasure is ours. However, I must admit we are here on a bit more serious matter than shopping. We would like to speak with you regarding your knowledge of any suspicious behavior in the area, specifically anybody that would have reason to bring harm to you or your business. The Jedi and Republic soldier here have begun to unravel a vile plot that has led us to your shop. So it seems your fears have been well placed. Rest assured, the would-be assailants have been dealt with. However, the person who set these events in motion is still at large and his motives remain unclear. To ensure your safety, we feel that we must find the culprit. We only ask your cooperation. If you are able to provide any observations, information, or help, we would be most grateful."

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:18 am

As Corliss takes the merchant woman aside, Deth peels his eyes away from her long enough to observe the Dug in her employ. Knowing that it was Dug's that were being hired to create havoc, he doesn't trust the alien further than he has to.
I'll make a perception check to observe the Dug. See if he's eves dropping or doing anything suspicious while Corliss interacts with the merchant woman.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

MiracleMax
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MiracleMax » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Rho is keeping his eyes peeled and surveying Corliss and the merchant in their discussions, but he is definitely pondering the situation as a whole.

"This just doesn't add up. Why is she setting up shop here? She hardly gives the impression of a shady dealer, but between her merchandise, that Dug, and the whole atmosphere.... is she in on this?"
Knowlege roll to see if i'm offbase in thinking this setup is out of line. 6+3=9 total. I know little. ;)
Rho keeps his thoughts to himself for now. "Let those more well equipped for this type of information gathering stretch their wings."