Prelude - Han Me That Wrench

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude - Han Me That Wrench

Post by ardh05 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Ookami nods to Mr. Han's offer. "Work good, hungry now. Shower be nice, too."
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:44 pm

"I can bring Ookami unseen up to my apartment," Nikolai replies. "But not across the courtyard - at least not in broad daylight. Can you manage that, Mr. Han? I don't want to cause a disturbance with Ookami's presence."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Mr. Han nods, then comments. "Hai, Mr. Han can help!" The old man gives Ookami a rather odd look, looking closely at the beast from its head to its toe. He then begins to chant and mumble in Japanese. Ookami's form wavers and shimmers, his very being adopting the likeness of a well-muscled black man with long braided hair. Dressed in common jeans, a pair of hiking boots, and what appears to be a baseball jersey, the former man-wolf now appears to be quite human!
On the fly Illusionary Morph effect. Ookami looks human!
"That should help." Mr. Han proclaims a tad bit wearily. "At least until we get our new friend out of basement." The Asian man's lips appear to be mumbling something beneath his breath and one could easily assume that he is trying his best to maintain Ookami's illusion. He then states, "Ookami come with Mr. Han and shower at his place. Mr. Nick go and take shower at his, then come see us. Mr. Han live over at Building-H, heh, in basement!"
There are another set of apartment buildings to the west, similar in design to the ones your group lives in - though they are rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise in appearance. They are Buildings E-H. Mr. Han lives beneath Building H where the laundry room would normally be in one of your apartments (beneath one of the square sections).
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:07 pm

"Hai, I mean, yes, of course," Nikolai replies. "I'll be over for lunch in about a half hour. There's much I'd like to talk to all three of you about."
Nick will take a hot shower and return to Mr. Han's in a half hour, as promised.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Prelude - Finale

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 am

Mr. Han leads Ookami back to his place. The elderly man allows the beast a chance to use his shower and even goes out of his way to make sure that he is as comfortable as possible. By the time that Nick arrives for lunch, Ookami appears to be a whole new beast all together! The genetic hybrid is chowing down on what appears to be his fourth steak when Nick arrives. Rare of course, nearly raw! How Mr. Han could afford such a luxury (steak being quite expensive these days, at least the good ones) escapes Nick.

Mr. Han's apartment is a spacious one, filled with antique memorabilia from throughout the ages. The authenticity of said items is unknown. Still however, the extensive collection of armor, swords, and other imagery all seems to date back as early as to the 1600's. Everything in Mr. Han's apartment is neatly organized and well maintained. Nikolai senses strong magic emanating from the Asian man's abode and can't help but feel that the old man is keeping some kind of secret. What manner of secret however, is probably best left to remain a mystery. At least for the time being.

Nevertheless, Mr. Han proves to be a gracious host, serving Nickolai and himself an elaborate spread of stir-fry and noodles. The old man makes sure that everyone is allowed the chance to gorge themselves on whatever meats, wines, fruits, vegetables, and desserts they desire to before trying to make small talk. Eventually, over a plate full of rather delectable pot-stickers and a nice warm bottle of sake, the old man lights himself up an antique pipe and begins to smoke it. He then proceeds to make polite conversation with his guests.
And so you have it. Count Tenebrous and Ookami have met up and even managed to make friends with one another! Mr. Han has even decided to join the fellowship as well. Good job!

Feel free to wrap things up with whatever conversation(s) you want to have over lunch and I will kick it into overdrive and try to finish up Muskrat's and veritas' Prelude so that we can get to our first adventure.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Prelude - Finale

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:09 pm

When Nick appears at Mr. Han's door, he's carrying a bottle of fine wine with him. The label is clearly a private label, but printed in a language whose alphabet looks almost Cyrillic, but isn't. "Thank you for inviting me to your sanctum," he says with a bow. "Some day soon I shall return the favor." He offers Han the wine.

The meal he enjoys with great gusto. And as for conversation, he proves curious about Ookami, but aside from a few general questions about his origins, keeps his conversation to generally non-controversial subjects. He is content, for the moment, to simply have found a couple of friends. Later he would return to his mission. But for now, he's happy to simply enjoy a nice meal.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 pm

After taking a shower, Ookami eats, eats, and then eats some more. When Nick comes in, he pauses long enough to greet him. "Hi there, this is great food." After finishing his fifth steak, he moves on to other foods, giving them a try. "I haven't eaten this good since my pack brought down a moose!" He tries to slow down enough to savor the pot-stickers, but he politely sticks with water when the sake is brought out. "I've seen alcohol do many bad things to packs. Thank you, though." He continues to converse with the two humans, very much glad to have made new friends.
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Mr. Han smiles warmly. Happy to have made a couple of new friends. "Mr. Nick more than welcome," the old man responds in turn, "He and Ookami more than welcome to come pay Mr. Han a visit whenever they like. I busy man but always enjoy company. Someone talk to good. Hai, very good. Mr. Han hope food is to your liking. I not cook this much in long time."

The phone suddenly rings and Mr. Han stands wearily to go and answer it. Obnoxious swearing can then be heard coming from whomever is on the other end of the phone. The voice sounds a lot like the Landlord, Old Man Mr. Fowler. Mr. Han speaks politely and occasionally drifts off into the Japanese tongue before finally hanging up on the man and returning to the table. His face a lot more reddened and embarrassed looking.

"I so sorry," the old man states apologetically, "But Mr. Han forgot all about broken toilet in Building-G. Heh... Mr. Fowler just call to remind him. I hope you both enjoyed lunch. Ookami can stay here, sleep on couch. Mr. Nick can stay too, two of you talk if like. Mr. Han be back in jiffy!"
Figured I'd give you one last chance to generalize any questions that you might have for Mr. Han and each other. This brief interlude over lunch and when Mr. Han is away serving as the chance to bond with one another. Feel free to PM one another as well as myself as to any actions, comments, information you wish to share with one another as well as any questions you want to ask Mr. Han. I'll answer all in turn as able to.