Chapter One: Friday Night Firefight

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Indecision Clouds My Vision

Post by Trogdor » Sun May 20, 2012 3:11 am

"I agree that some force may well have brought us together," Tenebrous agrees. "Whether you call it God, Eternity, Fate Destiny, or something else. Such things exist in the multiverse. I have seen them." He pauses to sip his coffee. "We could do a lot worse to coordinate our actions," he says. "There are many people we could help in Hoboken and elsewhere. And as a group we would have a better chance of keeping the Skree at bay."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sun May 20, 2012 6:23 am

Jack pops out of his reverie momentarily, a frown on his face.

"Working together is all well and good, but right now we need to take care of those thugs before they wake up. In the long term I hope they do turn over a new leaf, but for now they can cause a lot of harm if they wake up angry because we trounced them."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sun May 20, 2012 7:31 am

** Mr. Han **
Pilgrim's comments about God bringing them together forces Mr. Han to smile. Though sincere and filled with genuine admiration, the look can't help but be construed as a tad bit mischievous. Almost as if the old man was hiding something. Still though, he seems to be more than complacent enough to support the heroes' ultimate decision, whatever that might be. His own advice being, "Mr. Han still say you call cops and have gang-members arrested. Fowler and I can talk to them down at the station to see what gonna happen next."

** Old Man Fowler **
The disgruntled landlord grumbles and complains about the damage done to his apartment buildings. Surely the extent was bad, but not nearly as much as Fowler is making it out to be. Something tells the group that the man's complaints might have more than one meaning. Perhaps he is hiding something as well. One thing is certain though, the giant of a man should have been (by all rights) crushed to death by the dumpster that hit him. The fact that Fowler seems to be no more harmed by the entire affair than some soiled clothing, a couple of bruises, and an even ruder than normal disposition might actually bother some of our fine brave heroes. If not for the simple truth that the room they now sit in is already full of more than exemplary exceptions to the standard rules of normalcy.

** Collective **
The room continues to bustle with chatter. It would seem that there is much to talk about. Numerous gang-members lie beaten and defeated outside in the courtyard and not all are from the same gang, nor will they remain beaten and defeated for much longer. Rumors of arresting the ones that tried to kill Crystal soon spread, whilst talk of trying to convert the others to the side of good also makes its way open to pursuit. In the end however, it is up to our heroes to decide the misguided young hoodlums' ultimate fate.

Old Man Fowler and Mr. Han exchange a stream of steady glances at one another as the conversation continues. One could easily presume that the two men were having an entirely different conversation with one another all-together. If not for the utter lack of words exchanged, only glances. Fowler agrees to use his contacts at the Police Precinct to come out once again to arrest the fallen thugs outside. The two supervillains (Ghede & Kongo) however, would be an entirely different matter. No normal prison would probably hold them and to try and risk so would only jeapordize the lives of others.

Mr. Han appears to have one means of dealing with them but whatever it might be, Fowler doesn't seem to agree with. The frumpy landlord mentions the possibility of having "friends" that might be capable of taking the two off everyone's hands but won't mention who they might be. All in all, it appears to be a rather precarious endeavor.
A) Fowler agrees to call the cops. He goes on about how he knows most of their parents and is willing to trust them to do the right thing. He can have Sex, Money, Murder members arrested and booked under normal charges, whilst (if you wish) those members of La Mancha would be "Detained for Further Questioning" to allow you the chance to try and get through to them.
B) If you haven't already grasped the concept. Mr. Han and Fowler appear to be some kind of superheroes themselves. Fowler being the most reluctant of the pair to come forth and state it. Why is his own reasons. One thing though, he doesn't seem to be comfortable about discussing things around Crystal and her two kids. If memory serves me correct, he mentioned something about being Jack and Crystal Pearson's "Godfather" but I think this was only around Pilgrim and Remnant.
C) You might want to try and find a place for Crystal to stay for the night. Her house is shot up and the enemy (should there be more left) knows where she lives.
D) The goons outside won't stay down forever!
E) Sending out PM's to those that need them.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:01 am

Ookami nods slowly as he tries to understand Pilgrim's explanation about God. "I think I understand what you're saying, God is like great and mighty Pack-Father... makes sense... for all it's greatness, must have been made and cared for by mighty hands. Would like to learn more later, if you don't mind." He looks around and at himself as the cops are mentioned. "I may want to hide if cops come... on run from bad men and look nothing like rest of you..."
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sun May 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Jack nods to Mr. Fowler.

"I think that's the best route for the normal thugs. I have an idea for the two big ones. Pilgrim, you said that their powers are granted by some sort of Voodoo ritual, right? Is there any way that we could counter that magic and strip them of their powers? Then they could be taken in just like the others."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Pilgrim nods at Mr. Fowler's suggestion. "If you can get the Sex Money Murder thugs arrested and the members of La Mancha merely detained for questioning that would be good. I'm not sure what to do about Ghede and Kongo. Yeah, their powers seem to come from evil magic. I can try putting a force field of God's light around them and see what that does, but God has not gifted me with the ability to exorcise evil spirits." He looks over at Count Tenebrous. "You seem to be some sort of magician. Can you do an exorcism?"

"Anyway," he says as he gets up, "I think I'm gonna go outside and create a force field around those thugs anyway. They're going to come to eventually and I don't want them to get a chance for them to run off before Mr. Fowler's friends on the police force can come in to take them in for booking. Cobalt, maybe you could come out and help me? You could move all the bodies so they're in one place--that would make things much easier for me."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sun May 20, 2012 10:08 pm

"Such a ritual is theoretically possible," Tenebrous replies. "Though it may be outside of our ability to accomplish. Mr. Han, what do you think?"
That's plot-level magic. Typically that's somewhere between hard and impossible to do.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Mon May 21, 2012 12:27 am

Raging Tiger has been standing quietly in the corner. Not taking part in the conversation but clearly listening to all of the opinions. He politely declines the offer of refreshment as he doesn't want to take his mask off in front of all of these people. He also spends time looking at Mr. Fowler trying to place the man. It's almost like he's seen him before...

"I'll help you move the gangers. There were more of them over behind the buildings that didn't make it all the way into the courtyard. Also I think all of the gang members should be arrested. They were all armed and we don't know what kind of mayhem they might have caused. If La Mancha was here for SMM only and had managed to kill one of them that would still be murder."

He heads outside to begin getting the bodies into one location for Pilgrim.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Mon May 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Mr. Han rubs his neatly bearded chin for several moments, lost in thought. In time, he responds. "All spell can be undone, if someone power great enough. The question is, would ours be? Mr. Han need to examine these two brothers further to see what kind of mahou (jap. "magic") involved. You say Voodoo? Mr. Han wish his youngest daughter still alive, she know all about ku and other type of black magic. Spirits her specialty. Still though she might be of some help, if we want to pay her visit."

Several of the group make plans to leave Tenbrous' apartment to start rounding up the fallen criminals outside. As they do, Mr. Fowler pulls his maintenance man aside to have a word with him. The two men then begin to enter a heated debate. Eventually Mr. Han returns to his seat as Fowler stomps away in a huff. "I got to call the copz!" the large man blurts out loud as he storms off, "Outta my way!"

The man's ramblings continue to echo throughout the hallway as he leaves. "Bunch of crazy foolz! Gonna get themselves all killed! They owe me big! Calling in all these damned favors. Sure, no problem, I'll handle it, I've got clout. Just hope no one takes notice of all this damned activity! Gawd forbid if the S'kree show up and start snooping around my apartment! Bunch of amateurs! Damn you Han! Still though...this group's got moxy, I'll give them that. Ugh...what fuggin' night!"

Once Old Man Fowler has made his exit, Mr. Han comments. "Fowler want to know where masked man (Raging Tiger) staying. He find it odd you suddenly show up in his courtyard and want to make sure you not snooping around his buildings. He also say that Ookami can stay in one of empty apartments. Masked man can share room if need be. Despite man's mood, he actually happy. Been long time since he seen group of heroes make stand like you did. He just worried others get hurt."
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Mon May 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Raging Tiger stops heading out long enough to respond to Mr. Han with his now familiar gravelly voice. "Tell Mr. Fowler that I would like that very much and that I appreciate his, and your, generosity." He turns to Ookami, "I'm sure we'll be able to work out comfortable arrangements if you are agreeable. I don't have too many possessions." His chuckle is terrible and gurgling but seems genuine.

He nods to Mr. Han and says, "Once we have cleaned up a little bit tonight I'll come find you to find out which apartment to use."

Raging Tiger heads out after Pilgrim and Cobalt.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel