Chapter One: Friday Night Firefight

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Indecision Clouds My Vision

Post by ardh05 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Ookami laughs about what the masked man says about possessions, "You may have few, but I have none save the fur on my back, so to speak... I would have no problem sharing a room with you. Also, you fight well. I need to learn how to use this body right..."
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 pm

"If we don't take a stand," Tenebrous observes, "then else who will?" He shakes his head. "There are few willing to stand up for what they believe in, and against those who oppose it. I don't say we should be foolish about it. But I do think we should continue. And its true that some may get hurt if we do. But I fear that in the long run far more will be hurt if we fail to act."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Pilgrim nods. "I think it's important to make a stand. But we also need to take things one step at a time. Let's clean up the mess we have right now, then we can figure out what we wanna do next." With that, he heads out the door to help the others move the unconscious thugs. He tries to be as gentle as possible about it. Once they're all it one place, he erects a force field of God's light over them.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri May 25, 2012 9:58 am

Cobalt stomps towards the entrance stopping just before forcing his large frame through the small door. "People needz us. If we dont help who will?" He pushes through the door and into the courtyard. As the group moves into the courtyard Cobalt says "Cops cant handle these big guys, no more than they can handle us. We will need to figure something out in tha future." He begins picking up and piling all the "bad guyz" into one pile.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:09 pm

"I agree, blue one." Ookami says as he moves to help move the knocked-out enemies. "But I do need to avoid attention. The ones who made me this way did not willingly let me go."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri May 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Pilgrim looks over at Ookami, as he overhears what he says. "You mean you were a slave, man? That ain't right. I will gladly protect you from anyone who tries to take away your freedom. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't try to lay low--but if you need help, I'll gladly give it."

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:20 am

Ookami shakes his head. "More like 'experiment' than slave..." My pack as wiped out, I was the only survivor. Those people took me and made me into... this" He indicates himself. "Said they wanted a super soldier... But I got away..."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sat May 26, 2012 5:42 am

"If dey come 'round here furry man ill squash their bones into paste!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm

"Experiment, slave, still sounds wrong. I'll protect you as best I can. God does not wanted his children treated like that, no matter what they look," Pilgrim tells Ookami.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 am

Ookami bows his head, "Thank you both. Now, shall we take care of the problems at hand, then we can deal with the larger issues."