Chapter 2a: Hell Up In Harlem

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Chapter 2a: Hell Up In Harlem

Post by Eanwulf » Sat May 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Tenebrous' spell deposits Cobalt, Raging Tiger, and Ookami in the back recess of a dark and decrepit alleyway. The soured smell of mold and trash hangs thickly in the air as several beady-eyed rats scamper away from sight. Somewhere in the far distance, the distinct sound of a vehicle's alarm siren whines away. Most likely another ambulance sent out to retrieve some poor victim of Sex Money Murder's unruly reign of rampage.

Gathering their wits about them, our trio of heroes begin to formulate a plan of reaching Tough Luck's apartment without being seen...
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Chapter 2a: Hell Up In Harlem

Post by thehitcat » Mon May 13, 2013 4:33 pm

"We'll have to be careful getting in and getting out even if we plan to call for pickup when we finish up," he indicates the cell phone that Luke carries. "Also if your phone might get trashed if you have to change we should probably have Ookami or me carry it. Also if we get separated let's agree to meet back here in this alley. No one should know about this but us and the Count so it should be perfect."

"OK that should handle our exit planning. Since only Luke could pass in public I might suggest that our best way to get to the apartment will be to head up to the roof of this place via the fire escape and then across the roofs until we come to Tough Luck's buidling. Thoughts?"
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon May 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Chanur's out still, so I'll NPC.
Luke shrugs then hands Tiger his cell. "I've got the ringer turned off," he exclaims, "You can just ignore any calls from 'Mom' or 'Dad' that pops up." Teasingly, he quickly adds, "But be sure to let me know if 'Work' calls when were done. I've been trying to get some additional hours at night and could really use the extra cash!"

As to the matter of 'blending in', Luke sighs heavily and comments. "Don't think I'd do that very well," he proclaims, "I'm a little 'light-skinned' to just be walking about all casual-like and such. After all, we are on Palisade..."

"They'd probably see me as nothing more than 'fresh meat' and try to have a Field Day with my ass. Best if I stuck to the rooftops with you lot like you said."
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 am

Ookami nods, "When hunting in enemy territory, splitting up just means more ways to be caught." He then looks up, planning the way up and back down.
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Tue May 14, 2013 4:49 pm

"Sounds good. When you're ready I'll drop the Fire Escape ladder down though I'm sure you could both reach it no reason to put any stress on ourselves yet." He pouches the phone (after making sure the ringer is off) and then ports up to the lowest Fire Escape balcony and lowers the ladder to Ookami and Luke. "Come on let's get this started," he says and then starts to climb using the movement to begin stretching his legs out.
Raging Tiger moves quickly to the roof and hopes that by moving fast he will deter any curious onlookers who happen to see him or the others. He moves into cover and waits for the other men on the roof and starts to map out a plan to get to Tough Luck's building from where they are currently.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 am

Ookami lets Luke climb before him, then climbs himself. When he gets to the top, he moves to where Tiger is hiding as stealthily as speed allows.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 am

"Thanks, I am not real athletic when I'm not Cobalt. " Luke shrugs sheepishly. Luke grabs the ladder and begins his climb.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu May 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Following Tiger's lead, the group makes their way across the rooftops of Palisade Avenue. In time, the heroes reach an intersection atop some form of long-standing grocery store. Forced to descend momentarily, Luke bides his time and harbors safe passage amidst a small group of white women exiting the store. Once safely across the street, he quickly rejoins his friends atop the buildings on the other side of the intersection.
The group consists of a local woman in her mid-thirties with what appears to be the woman's daughter (in her early teens) and the woman's grandmother (probably in her mid sixties). They had just left the grocery store when you opted to join their side to avoid suspicion.

Raging Tiger and Ookami can easily teleport and leap across, so all good.
The streets below are thick with Sex Money Murder's presence. Clusters of the gang can be seen huddled together on random street-corners; dealing drugs, listening to music, threatening a random passersby, or otherwise causing mischief and mayhem. The path ahead is no exception. Pausing to hide amidst the air conditioning vents of a nearby laundromat, the trio of do-gooders gaze down upon an abandoned martial arts dojo and nearby warehouse.
You entered at the Green X and then made your way over to the Yellow X. Tough Luck's apartment is the Red X.
Kokushikai is Kokushikai Judo Camp.

Apparently 'not' so abandoned, the dojo's courtyard is filled with members of SMM and the nearby warehouse fortified like an armored crackhouse. Some distance to the south of such facilities, lies Tough Luck's apartment.

Showtime!!!

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:02 am

Ookami looks at the others, "I think it wise to avoid enemy pack gatherings. Perhaps we go south along these buildings a little beyond target, cross big road, and return from south?"

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sun May 19, 2013 2:25 am

"Sounds like a plan," quips Raging Tiger, his voice strained and raspy, ", nice and quick-like. We don't want them to see us clambering across the top of this laundromat." Reflecting upon the matter further, the hero then adds. "I'd honestly prefer to 'bampf' around and find myself a more suitable angle to look down into Tough Luck's apartment. I could then teleport inside, simply grab the stuff, and teleport back outside and meet up with you two."

"Still though," Tiger concludes half-heartedly, "I don't know what all is inside of Tough Luck's apartment..."