Chapter 2b: An Enchanting Offer

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Chapter 2b: An Enchanting Offer

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Although she is quite ignorant as to 'whom' the others in Señor Nick's party might be, Lady Esmeralda smiles with confidence and promptly offers her assistance. "I too can try to sense your friends' presence, though would need something of theirs first to do so, or at least some vague idea of where they might be currently or have been recently."

Remnant and Pilgrim gather close to Count Tenebrous and await his spell to take hold. Likewise, Lady Esmeralda steps forwards as well, brushing her shoulder up against Jack's softly. Smiling warmly, she quickly pats his wrist playfully; eager to meet the rest of our heroes and reassuring the man that she still seems to be interested in getting to know him better.

The incantation complete, Tenebrous' spell transports the party back to his makeshift apartment headquarters. Surprisingly enough, Old Man Fowler is nowhere to be seen. Crystal and her two boys are still there however. It would appear that young Pearce has passed out asleep upon the couch, his mother stroking the boy's hair softly as his head rests upon her lap; whilst young Warren and Mr. Han 'box' one another with a couple sets of rather old-looking boxing gloves.

"Hai!" Mr. Han promptly chimes, his comment immediately followed up by a sucker punch to the old man's stomach by mischievous young Warren. *Umph...* "You've returned!"

Lady Esmeralda eyes Mr. Han with narrowed skepticism. She then goes wide-eyed and marvels the old maintenance man as if suddenly recognizing someone long since presumed dead.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Pilgrim silently notes Esmeralda's reaction. It's clear that there is more to Mr. Han than meets the eye, but now Pilgrim wonders if there is even more than Mr. Han let on.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 pm

"Esmeralda," Count Tenebrous says, "may I introduce you to Crytstal, her two boys, Warren and Pearce, and Mr. Han, our maintenance man." The way he delivers this last name implies that more explanation will come later.

"If you think you can find our friends with an item of theirs, I think that empty beer bottle was Luke's. Would that be enough? And they were heading somewhere in the area of Sex Guns Money's territory. So they should be there or on their way back. I can look to the general area they were headed, but not to them specifically."

He moves over to the kitchen and takes about a large bowl from a cabinet. Moving over to the sink, he fills the bowl with water. He then places it on the counter and begins to move his hand over the bowl in an odd gesture.

By all the hoary hosts of Hoggoth,
I command thee, eternal Vishanti,
show me what I wish to see!

Then he stares intently into the water, which seems to quiver just a little bit on its own.
Use Visions of the Vishanti to get an aerial view of the apartment block that the others were going to investigate. That should give us a start, at least.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 am

Tenebrous' vision settles over the block where he left Luke and the others. Smoke fills the majority of the image as do numerous people running about the surrounding streets in panic.

As the Count's scrying continues, Lady Esmeralda takes hold of the empty beer bottle and asks Jack to watch over her as she concentrates intently. Seconds later, the woman's shapely body goes limp and she sinks deeply into one of Count Tenebrous' leather chairs.

Now lost within his vision, Count Tenebrous follows the trail of smoke and panicked people to its source. Some block-and-a-half away from his original position, the smell of smoke appears to be at its thickest. It is here too, that the crackling sounds of flames fill the Count's imaginary ears, their cause coming from a nearby building that is burning out of control. It would appear that something or someone has decided to all-but-demolish an abandoned lumber mill.
Skim over the other's group's post if need be to get a feel for how things went down. Also sending you a PM.
The Count continues to examine his surroundings as Lady Esmeralda assumedly does the same. In time, the two of them snap back to their senses and report their findings to the others.
Pausing here to let him say what he's found.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 am

"Oh dear," Tenebrous says as he comes back to his senses, shaking his head and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "It seems that the others were -ah- less delicate then we were. It seems that they, or rather Cobalt, destroyed a building, and apparently set it on fire - although it's impossible to say in which order. This drew the attention of the conventional authorities, police and fire, as well as of the Skree. I saw three of the invaders' flying chariots in the air. There was no sign of our friends, which I won't say is unfortunate. For if I had seen them, it would mean the Skree would certainly have seen them as well. As it is, we can hope that they got away before anyone official arrived on the scene."

The count looks over to Esmeralda and raises one eyebrow. "Were you able to discover where they went?"

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:51 am

"I too saw the S'kree!" responds Esmeralda, "Though was not able to locate the one whom last held this bottle." The woman's face scrunches into a frown of disappointment and disgust. "I did however smell an awful stench. Tell me, was there an animal accompanying them?"
Killing time until the others knock on the door :P

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:09 am

"Yes ... And no," Tenebrous replies. One of our companions is animalistic in nature - something akin to a lycanthrope, but without the negative aspects of such creatures. However, he has always kept himself well groomed. Nevertheless, it's impossible to know what has happened to them since we parted."

He turns to Mr. Han. "Has anything of interest happened since we left? I notice that Mr. Fowler left. I hope there was no trouble."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Jack enjoys the slight favoritism with which Esmeralda seems to treat him, but remains quiet for the most part, still feeling drained from Malphus's outburst.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Think I'll be moving all my games along today. Start Monday off fresh in lieu of the site-crash and what not.
"Ah jess, I see..." responds Lady Esmeralda "...that would make sense. I thought that I smelt dog!"

Still winded a bit, Mr. Han smiles in spite of his discomfort. He then replies. "Hai, yes, Mr. Fowler got tired of waiting I'm afraid. He was trying to teach young Warren here how to box. Then Mr. Han felt obligated to continue with lesson upon his departure." Changing topics, Mr. Han continues to comment; his gaze now narrowing itself upon Lady Esmeralda. "I see your group met with success. Hai, very good! We now have three wizards to cast Mr. Han's spell. Most splendid!"

Lady Esmeralda continues to eye Mr. Han with disbelief. An entire conversation seems to occur between the two with nothing more than an exchange of stares, the end result of which being an expression that screams of 'Now is not the time to discuss such things'.

In time, the Lady merely smiles feebly and steps forwards. "Yes, I am here," she comments, "And I wish to help joo as best I can." With that, the group briefly begins to discuss Mr. Han's plan to rid Ghede and Kongo of their powers, as well as continuing to debate 'how' to look for Raging Tiger and the others. In time, the entire apartment is taken by surprise by a sudden rapping at the door.

The others have finally returned! As well as four rottweilers. All of which reek of raw sewage and appear to be covered in filth and muck.
Let's move everyone back over to CHAPTER TWO: SUNDAY SERMON now.