Chapter 2b: An Enchanting Offer

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 2b: An Enchanting Offer

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Pilgrim nods at Jack's words. "The Lord works in mysterious ways and he saw fit to bring us together. I don't believe it was a coincidence, but part of God's plan. What that plan might be, I don't profess to know, but I don't think God would have any problem with us working together to clean up the neighborhoods in this area and free from the grip of thugs like SMM." Pilgrim's voice is earnest and enthusiastic as he speaks and it is obvious he is a zealous believer.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Esmeralda smiles warmly, the response given by the woman that of sincerity and interest. She chuckles softly at Pilgrim's zest and zeal towards the Almighty, she even seems to admire Count Tenebrous' mentioning of two family's working as one. In the end however, the woman's sole focus seems to be on that of Jack and his well-being. She almost seems to be 'captivated' by the man's presence, something one in her line of work is most likely most unaccustomed to feeling. Still though, she continues to smile and eventually comments. "Joo say that you have a plan to remove Ghede and Kongo's powers. I am interested in helping joo with such plan. I would also like to meet with the others in your apartment building. If they are half as good as you three seem to be, I think that there is much good that we can do together!"

Pausing briefly, she then continues. "As for my peoples in jail. They knew what they did was wrong on the night that they chose to go against my wishes. If you want to let them go free, then I would be honored by the act of leniency and owe you a sizable debt. If not, then I would like to send word to them that we will all be waiting for their release and that we have much to tell them once they are back home. Either way is fine by me!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:38 pm

"I'd very much like for you to meet the others," Tenebrous responds. "And that can be easily arranged. I also have one question I'd like to ask," he adds in a careful voice. "Not too many years ago - though more than I like to think - I was trained here in New York City by Dr. Stephen Strange. Since then, I've been away from Earth for some time and have only just returned. I'm shocked by what has happened, of course. But I'm also curious about what happened to my friend and teacher. Do you have any knowledge of the fate of Dr. Strange?"
Enter one of Tenebrous's motivations.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:06 am

Pilgrim says, "If your people are truly penitent, I don't see any problem with having them go free. I found God while I was in prison, but I saw a lot of people get hardened there and turn out for the worse--I'd hate to see that happen to any of your folks, when they seem to mean well."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 am

The Lady rolls her eyes when Pilgrim speaks, almost as if she was tired of trying to deal with D.Q. and her posse of followers. Respectfully however, she retorts. "If you feel it is for the best dear Pilgrim, then joo do what you need to do and release them. Perhaps you can even try to speak with them? I am almost out of ideas when it comes to that woman Daniella! I could charm her of course, but what life is one of servitude? Besides, she is fawning all over me enough as it is. My whims come and go as I please, NOT when others demand it! By all means deal with them!"

Now turning to face the good Count, Lady Esmeralda's brow furrows momentarily. She then speaks. "Ah-jess, Señor Strange! He was the mighty wizard no? Last I heard of him he battled the S'kree for a short time and then disappeared." Trying to recollect the affair further, she eventually continues. "If what I am told is true señor Nick, your Mr. Strange left the battlefield just as the S'kree were laying waste to New Jork City. Something about 'Some Greater Threat' circulating amongst The Circle* shortly after he left. Now however, I have no idea. The Circle has grown ever smaller and most of my time has been spent trying to save my Peoples."
The Circle: Consider this your group of fellow mages and wizards. Hogwarts meets Ruling Council sort of stuff!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Pilgrim tells Esmeralda, "Tell you what--I'll visit and have a little talk with Danielle before we get them released. I can try to judge whether it would be better for them to be let out or stay locked up. Maybe Jack can come with me and offer his opinion."
I'm assuming that by this point, Pilgrim knows Jack has a "detect evil"-like ability.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:44 am

Jack shoots Pilgrim a glance before nodding.

"Might as well put it out there. You could say that my.. guest is a good judge of character."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:52 am

Was hoping Trogdor would have jumped in here about Dr. Strange. Flavor posting until he does so.
Lady Esmeralda smiles briefly, regarding Pilgrim with modest admiration. "Yes," the woman responds, "Joo do that..."

Turning to face Jack, the woman's mood brightens. "I'm sure he is," comments the woman enthusiastically, "One day you will have to tell me more about him!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:31 pm

"A Greater Threat?" Count Tenebrous asks. "Do you have any idea what that threat might have been, or even if it still remains a threat? Surely you're acquainted with the Circle and are powerful enough to have sensed something of what was going on." The sorcerer looks troubled. If there was something so dangerous that Dr. Strange abandoned the defense of Earth to confront it, then it was certainly worth worrying about.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:23 am

"I do not know Señor Nick," responds Esmeralda, her face now embarrassed and little flustered with anger, "I just know what I have been told by the others. Joo see, the Circle and I...well, we do not like one another...for many reasons I mind you. All in the past of course. Joo see, I tried to do something rather 'foolish' when I was but a youth and well, it had its repercussions. Repercussions that still haunt and hinder me to this very day! Nevertheless, I still have a few of my admirers still left alive and within the Circle's tiny walls of confined bureaucracy and stagnant attempts of weathering out the S'kree's reign of tyranny. Perhaps when we are done with Ghede and Kongo, you can try to contact them, no?"