Chapter 2b: An Enchanting Offer

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 2b: An Enchanting Offer

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:24 am

Pilgrim listens with interest, not entirely following the conversation, but aware that it potentially has major implications. He intends to ask Nickolai later who "The Circle" are, but he assumes for the moment that it is a group of sorcerers.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 am

"I should like that very much, Esmeralda. I owe a great debt to Dr. Strange, and I would help him however I could. Barring that, I would help the world he is sworn to protect." Nikolai smiles and shakes his head. "But you're right. Ghede and Kongo are our first concern."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:09 am

Lady Esmeralda returns the Count's smile, concurring. "Yes, we should do this! I can make arrangements to travel with joo now if need be?"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 am

Jack smiles at the enchantress.

"That would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready whenever you all are."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm

"Yes, let's go," says Pilgrim. "Do we want to head back to your place, Nikolai or go see if the others need help getting the book? And maybe while we're traveling, you can tell us what this Circle is--if it's something you're allowed to share with outsiders. I don't want to go prying into any sorcerers' secrets that aren't any of my business."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 pm

"I think we are best going back to the Excelsior Arms for now. We wouldn't want to interfere with the others. I can just imagine us showing up in the middle of them sneaking around." Count Tenebrous shakes his head.

"Lady Esmeralsa, as soon as you're ready to depart, I can bring us back to my temporary sanctum, where the others will meet us."

"In the meanwhile," he adds, looking at the others, the Circle is a group of some of this dimensions most powerful mages and sorcerers. I haven't had any real dealings with them, though I'm certain they knew of my presence here when I stayed with Dr. Strange. Their existence isn't so much secret as it is known to those who need to know. They are not a group to be trifled with, though their interests are generally limited to mystical matters. Of course, it's impossible to tell how the invasion has changed them."
I'm ready to teleport us all back to Nik's apartment whenever Esmeralda is ready.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:50 am

Esmeralda nods to Count Tenebrous and then begins to chant. A glow of purplish-white energy coats her body. The bruises that Lady Esmeralda sustained during the duel quickly fade and vanish. She then snaps her fingers and two armed members of La Mancha approach. Speaking briefly to the guards, the two men soon leave and she announces that she is ready to leave.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:52 am

"Very well, then," Count Tenebrous says with a nod of his head. Then he raises one hand over his head and makes some mystic gestures with it.

"By fire & smoke, let my magic
move me hence -- instantly!"

As he speaks these words, a swirl of shadow curls around the four gathered heroes. And as it passes over them, it moves them from Esmeralda's hacienda to Nikolai's apartment.

"I'm afraid this isn't much to look at," he says to his guest apologetically. "But it is home." He smiles. "May I suggest we retire to the back rooms? We'll be much more comfortable there."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Hmm," says Pilgrim. "We didn't work out a signal for the other guys to say they were ready to teleported back. Do you have a magic mirror or something that you can use to see how they're doing--if they need any help, if they're ready to come back?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 pm

"I could send my astral form out to look for them," Tenebrous replies. "But I have no way of easily determining where they are at this moment."