Chapter 3: A Fathers Vengeance

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Trial's End

Post by ardh05 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:33 am

Ookami grunts in satisfaction as Kalfu drops. "Heh, It'll take more than a beating to put me down." As he says this he set the sniper rifle down as he grabs his ribs, gently massaging them. "That did take a lot out of me, though..."
How does healing work in this game? Because if anyone has healing powers, they'd be greatly appreciated.
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:52 am

Ghostly blue fire smolders in Remnants eyes, a grim look upon his face.

"Tough Luck is a possibility that should be dealt with, but I think there are other threats that shouldn't be overlooked. Ghede and Kongo were being kept here as well, weren't they?

"Tough Luck's father seems to have the ability to infuse others with power, turning them into monsters. This is something we cannot allow."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:26 am

"Something or someone's still inside," Sam says, holstering the blaster again. "So let's check that out. And if there's nothing," the asian shrugs. "At least you can be sure that 'Tough Luck's' gone." Though that may not be all she intends to do inside the prison.
We're currently outside, right?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:45 pm

I think Count Tenebrous teleported us into the middle of the prison.
"Yeah, you're right," says Pilgrim uneasily, "We should check things out here, see what the score is. Even with Count Samedhi down, his zombies might still be active and the guards and prisoners might need help taking them out. But we'll want to track that ... being, 'cause I'm sure he means all sorts of bad news."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:09 am

Don't think so:
Eanwulf wrote:Tenebrous' spell places he and his allies amidst the bottom of a set of stairs leading up and into the Hudson County GenPop.

From this post: http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... tml#253645
Tenebrous teleported us "into the room that the bad guys were in" and I assume that'd have just put us on the mentioned outside.
But I could be wrong.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:22 am

"You mean the crafts? Well, I kinda don't jump onto something without knowing what it is and judging by the voice we're probably gonna find out what they got here," Sam replies, heading inside the prison now. "Not a heavy hitter myself so if you want to pursue them I'll follow later."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Seeing that Ookami is badly wounded, Pilgrim goes over to him and says, "Let me use the power of the Lord to try to heal your wounds." He then puts his hands on the wolfman and, whispering a prayer, channels the nimbus of divine energy surrounding him into Ookami's body.
The Lord Heals All: Healing.
If anyone else is badly wounded, I give them the same treatment.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 am

"Pilgrim and Sam are correct," Tenebrous agrees. "We need to see if Tough Luck is safe. I fear he may have been the target of this attack all along. In fact, this may have been a distraction to keep us busy while Tough Luck was being tended to."
I'm for moving along to check on Tough Luck. Tenebrous can get us out of here quickly. Sam might want to move her ship so that the Skree don't find it.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:09 am

Sam shrugs as they treat the wounded. The asian is already a bit ahead, trying to set up communication with the prison's security system. It's not like she don't want to help out, though, it is because medicine is not really her cup of tea and with the other supernatural abilites it may even be faster than to pull out a first aid kit anyway.
Try to Communicate with Prison tech. Also, her vehicle has Concealment 4 (All Visual) so don't worry about detection, Trog. :)

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Once he has finished healing Ookami's wounds, Pilgrim stops to think, to see if he remembers what cell Tough Luck was being held in. If he does remember, he leads the others in that direction. If he doesn't, he says, "I guess we're going to need to track down someone in charge in all this mess, explain who we are and try to see if Tough Luck is still here--unless you've got a spell that do that work for us, Nick?"