Chapter 3: A Fathers Vengeance

Blood of Heroes - A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Campaign Setting

Earth, 2021. An alien race known as the Skree has ruled over the planet for the past 20 years, subjecting the local populace to the sadistic whims of their most brutal reign. True heroes have been all but eradicated during the Skree Invasion of 1999-2001. That or they have fallen prey to the Skree's corruptive influence and mind-altering technology. Those heroes that still survive, do so either in reclusive hiding or by battling one another in gladiator-like fashion as the Skree's amusement. Now after twenty years of servitude, a new breed of heroes are slowly starting to emerge. Fed up with the decadence that now surrounds them and fueled by their own personal desires, these young heroes have decided to try and make a stand for humanity, once and for all.

Does this new breed of heroes have what it takes to rise up against the Skree and take back their homeworld? Are they capable of breaking the shackles of oppression that bind them to a life of unwavering servitude? Time shall tell True Believers, to see whether or not these few elite individuals truly possess...the Blood of Heroes.

Join the Ranks of the New Breed Today!

Game Moderated by your everluvin' pal Eanwulf.
ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Trial's End

Post by ardh05 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:11 am

Ookami nods and yips his thanks to Pilgrim, then thinks about the situation for a moment, "If we had a scent, maybe I could work with that?"
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 am

Remnant remains quiet, waiting for the others to figure out where to go. This is a situation he knows is more suited to their talents.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:58 am

"Nothing that will work quickly," the magician replies. "At least not quickly enough."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:32 am

"Well, it -is- fast to just walk in and check it out," Sam shrugs, ready to enter the prison but still establishing communication with the prison's mainframe.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:59 am

Not very happy but hang tight. I just woke up to use the bathroom and check in on if anyone posted or not; only to find out that my M&M post is nowhere to be found. I don't know what happened to it, but shall endeavor to get a new one up post-haste. It was rather lengthy too :(

I've noticed trying to access the sight at times does one of these numbers: error location not found for once or twice, and then normal connectivity. I use Opera to navigate but have never had this problem before so double :(

Sad thing is, I work 9-4 tomorrow and it's a truck day so no online for me at work. Still however, I'll get you guys something ASAP.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Now What?

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:07 am

Cobalt's rage actually appears to be subsiding. That is, until a third and fourth hover-chariot whizzes past overhead our heroes. The sky continues to rumble with the sounds of thunder and brief flashes of light. Meanwhile, on the ground below, Pilgrim pauses to lend his assistance to Ookami. A shimmering of light there washes over our hairy hero as Pilgrim's now-glowing hands soothe and mend the wounded man-wolf's injuries. Feeling his ribs snap back into place, Ookami yips happily and thanks his benefactor accordingly, now breathing a lot easier. As he does so, the group discusses their next move and strange events begin to unravel around them!
Healing 10 check = 26 result, 3 Degrees of Success.

Ookami is now -1 to further Toughness saves.
Staring up at the hover-chariots, Cobalt leers angrily and growls. He gradually shifts his view to look on as Pilgrim's healing powers begin to manifest themselves. The large blue behemoth then goes wide-eyed as Kalfu's body begins to suddenly shimmer and quickly disappears from view, as do the Mighty Ogoun's and Baron Samedi's. Likewise, the policemen and prisoners once transformed into hideous the visages of horrid and undead zombies, suddenly begin to shimmer as well; transforming back instead into their normal 'former' selves, though the majority of them appears to be either already dead, terribly wounded, or even dying from the previous conflict with the other guards and inmates. The rest merely highly confused and no longer wishing to fight any longer.
It was if the four (Dark Loa) villains simply 'de-rezzed' and ceased to exist, their bodies shimmering off into the ether. Meanwhile, the others (zombies) appear to be reverted back to normal, i.e. reverse-mutations.
Amidst the chaos, Sam approaches the security cameras and electronic door locks located at the head of the stairs leading into GenPop and begins to clear her mind and converse with the devices themselves. A resounding 'click' is heard as she manages to unlock the security doors and lose herself in further conversation.
Routine Persuasion won't work. Roll needed.

[Sam's Persuasion check, DC 20, d20+8=22, Success!]

The door's accept your authority and allow you to cycle through the security cameras via the Commlink as one would from one of the guard stations; your Perception ranged Manipulate Objects lending a hand as needed.

Would send a PM, but Hayabusa's preoccupied with RL affairs.
Meanwhile, the rumbling sounds of something approaching are both felt and heard. The S'kree! Distant shouts are heard coming from the east as plasma webbing cannons and sonic-stunners do their best to quell the last bits of rebellion. Knowing no passion or sympathy, the S'kree's subjugation tactics are harsh and brutal. The sounds continue continue to conjoin with those in the distant west as the S'kree's ground forces draw ever nearer. Sam detaches herself shortly after hearing the sounds and staggers slightly as she relays her findings. A large explosion is then heard as the back end of the prison is blown asunder. This time, by something 'other' than the S'kree.

Though the fight has been won, the battle appears to be far from over!
Shame Hayabusa's pre-occupied. And I'm too tired to write his response. Bear with me and assume Sam told you the following about what she witnessed on Security Cameras.

Hayabusa's character relays the following information:

S'kree ground forces have approached the prison on foot and by vehicle (think tracked plow-tractors with mounted artillery). Their Slag and Skink soldiers are methodically subduing all those involved in the riot: former zombie or guard alike, they do not care which; only that the affair is quickly over with.

There is also the explosion. Sam informs you that a total of four figures can be seen departing the back of the building. One is a ghastly ghoul-looking creature, fat and bloated; the other two, Kongo and Ghede. And finally, leading the group: a tall, wiry black man wearing orange prison fatigues and covered with ritualistic scarring upon his chest, face, and arms blasts open the walls of the prison's rear. His face is whited over with a skull-like pattern similar to Baron Samedi's and he is quickly summoning forth a portal to teleport them all away.

And finally, Tough Luck. Cycling through the cameras, Sam is able to find Tough Luck in the kitchen of the western most mess hall. He doesn't appear to be doing good either! His skin is gaunt and pale. He has a zombie-like look in his eyes. Likewise, he is battering against the door of a meat freezer as if trying to get to someone or something inside! All in all, he looks to have been turned into a zombie!

Take it from here. Feel free to use this time to retreat and regroup, try to fight the S'kree, or see where the hover-chariots are going. Either way it's a good spot to break and regroup to move along in a new direction. You decide!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Now What?

Post by Trogdor » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 am

"We've got to get out of here quickly," Tenebrous says when he hears the report. "And I think we should take Tough Luck with us. It may be that Mr. Han and I can do something for him. Let's get to him quickly and I'll get us out. Sam, I don't think we'll be taking your craft to get away from here - not unless we want to have a very awkward conversation with the Skree out in the courtyard."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:16 am

Pilgrim nods and says, "Sounds like a plan. After all Tough Luck has done to help us, no matter what he's done in the past, we can't just leave him here to turn into some devilish monstrosity. Let's get to the mess hall!"
I assume Sam can lead us to the mess hall after tapping into the prison's security system like that--she must know the lay out. Also, Trog, I seem to recall that Sam's ship is invisible, so I think escaping in it may be the best way out.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 am

Haya wanted to post but don't think he will until later. I'll move things along until he's finally back.
Sam nods to Pilgrim and loses herself in thought for a moment or two. The front doors to the building then click open shortly thereafter as she returns to her senses and responds. "I have my Lil Butterfly prepped and ready for whatever," Sam begins, "She can hold her own against the S'kree's detection and can move where needed."

"As to the matter of Tough Luck, he's straight ahead and then to the left for about 30 yards. Hang a right, then straight ahead about another 10-20 and back to the left, in the mess hall."
Possibly enough tactical information for a teleport. Or you could all just hoof it there.
The sounds of plasma-cannon fire and echoing screams are heard as the S'kree's advance continues. They're rounding everyone up as quickly and ruthlessly they can!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:19 am

Pilgrim starts moving in the direction Sam has given them, though if Count Tenebrous volunteers to teleport them, he will certainly take him up on that.