Kiwi's Mystical Concoctions

This forum is a place to discuss day jobs for PFSOP.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Kiwi and Davic's Alchemical Concoctions

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Kiwi joins in, remembering what he can, adding here and there the view from down at his level of the adventure. He finds himself however soon unconcerned with the painted words and wanders off to get something to eat.
I believe that I'm good on this thread until new chapter.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm

I'll do one quick one myself, though Wulfric doesn't have a job, because he gots no skills, and he can't get no skills, cuz he don't have a job, but they won't give him a job, cuz he gots no skills...
Wulfric spends quite a bit of time scouring the city streets for Misha. He wants to show off his new zwiehander! Following what clues he can, the large barbarian eventually makes his way into the Pathfinder Craft Hall. There, he not only finds Misha, but Davic and Kiwi as well. Grunting softly at the other two's presences, he quickly approaches.

"Look Misha," Wulfric begins to speak, his right hand unsheathing the sword from his back, "I found a fellow Ulfen to make me a new sword!" The warrior's face is beaming with pride and he swings his blade playfully about. Along either side of the weapon is carved the following phrase in Skaldic runes.

"Come in Peace, Go in Pieces, It don't matter to me"
Last edited by Eanwulf on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Misha laughs when she finds out Wulfric what the runes say. "I don't know much about swords but the blade looks plenty sharp," she says. "I'm happy I am on your side."
I'm with everyone else in that I am ready to move ahead as soon as the next steps are ready. My character sheet is updated minus the bit about the journal I asked about in the OOC section.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 pm

As the group gathers, they appear to have piqued the interest of other crafters in the room. Coming to see what's going on over at Kiwi's and Davic's table, a few of the fellow Pathfinders purchase a few more concotions, potions, and monkey spit from the pair.
craft (alchemy) + Alchemist's lab
d20 + 9 + 2 = d20 + 11 = 20! (natural) + 11 = 31 = 75gp

DC Gold
30 75 gp

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 21, 2012 7:24 pm

A letter is delievered to Kiwi...
Dear Kiwi,

We hope this message finds you in good health, wherever you are operating from.

This year has seen the Society endure many hardships alongside equal victories. Our achievements in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament have not gone unrewarded, and even now, agents like you are taking on dangerous journeys as a result of our spoils. As these missions come to an end, we look to the new year as new opportunities and challenges face the Pathfinder Society.
In preparation, we invite you, our most prized agents, to attend this year's Grand Convocation. As it takes place on the grounds of the Grand Lodge in Absalom, you should all know of our yearly gathering. It is here where the best of our agents come to trade tales of their exploits, partake in feats of strength, knowledge, and guile, or even venture off the grounds and take part in specialty missions on our behalf.

Though it has not yet been made public knowledge, we also wish to keep you apprised of a recent development here in Absalom. A member of the esteemed Blakros family, Michellia Blakros, requested the hand of Andoran Major Colson Maldris in marriage. As many of you may be aware, while not a member of the Society, Major Maldris is a sponsor of many Pathfinders and a great ally of our organization. As a complication, the major has opted to reject Michellia's proposition, unwilling to surrender his name and rank as would be required.

The actions of Major Maldris have had dire consequences for our relations with the Blakros family. The Decemvirate agrees that this divide must be mended, and as such we have taken the unique step of inviting the Blakros family to this year's convocation. It is our hope that Pathfinders such as you will attend this year's gathering and assist the Society in mending this potentially disastrous divide between our organization and the Blakros family.

As always, your continued efforts are appreciated.

Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin
Grand Lodge, Absalom
This came as an email to me, since I'm a registered member of the Pathfinder Society!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Kiwineukinawa Lo'nau'makahaunkauwa has had a second successful mission for the Pathfinders. He's starting to enjoy this sort of thing, and exploring rare and strange places is a joy. He's collected a half dozen strange alchemical reagents and has been busy putting them to use. Sickly mushrooms, sticky tanglefoot bags from spiderwebs and green slimes, exploding bottles of fire, and choking powder from dungeon dust. He works hard to do his best and sell sell sell for a nice little profit.
Craft: Alchemist Day Job!

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Craft Alchemist Day Job

Skill Check: d20 + 15 = 20 + 15 = 35 !natural 20!

DC Result GP Award
35=100 gp

+100gp, I added already to char sheet
A well dress woman wearing the finest fabrics that Kiwi has seen walks up to his alchemist table. It was unusual to find a woman such as this browsing his wares, but she doesn't look intimated by his appearance or his wares.

She picks up a bottle of the choking powder and tilts it to one side to watch the powder particulates collect and flow like sand in a bottle. Sitting it down, she moves on to find the sickly mushrooms and green slime. She collects each of the items and then another small vial of what appears to be dungeon dust.

With a mischievous smile, she states, "This should work well for my special occasion. Thank you, Kiw-" She starts to pronounce Kiwi's name and then stops once she realizes that she has no chance in properly pronunciation.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:06 am

Back from his adventure, Davic also returns to the alchemical workshop, happy to lose himself in the admixtures and tinctures his trade involves. He's content to be the 'respectable' one in this ersatz shop. People would see in Kiwi the secrets of the wild, a savage brewing potions based on knowledge that can only be obtained in the jungle. In Davic, however, they would see the the product of rigorous learning - an educated man making his potions through tested formulae. Never mind that both his and Kiwi's education had been a mix of these two types of learning. People would see what they wanted to see. And all the better for the shop that they had something for everyone.
Craft: Alchemist Day Job as well.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:21 am

Davic's roll
craft (alchemy) + Alchemist's lab
d20 + 9 + 2 = d20 + 11 = 14 + 11 = 25 = 50 gp

DC Gold
25 50 gp, already added to Davic char sheet
The well-to-do woman continues browsing the items displayed and picks up another small vial and then asks Davic, "Does this have a noticeable aftertaste if digested?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:58 am

"I've infused it with some mint extract to make it more palatable," Davic replies. "It should leave no more than the pleasant tingle of mint in your mouth after you take it."