Kiwi's Mystical Concoctions

This forum is a place to discuss day jobs for PFSOP.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Kiwi's Mystical Concoctions

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 pm

The Mwangi Expanse native known as Kiwi, a pygmy gnome from the off jungle is not one to sit isle as the days go by. He is a witch doctor, a shaman of sorts, a crafter and a alchemist. The little man can't afford much, not yet, but he can afford to rent a space in the Pathfinder Craft Hall, just enough room to mix up some various tonics and elixirs, craft what he calls 'burning monkey spit' and sell the results to other Pathfinders looking for such concoctions --which turns out to be a fair number of them. He is not merchant, so perhaps he doesn't get what he should, or others take advantage of his nature, but the little green haired gnome is happy to be formulating some things, idle hands are never good.
Craft: Alchemist Check Please

If the Pathfinders allow access to a nice workbench that would be okay as well. Can't use a 'spell for this is that right?

Before you make the roll, I think I'll buy MW Tools for this.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Kiwi's Mystical Concoctions

Post by Shurijo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Correct, can't use spell for it.
Pathfinders would have a workbench, but not a workbench that would grant any bonuses, etc.

Craft Alchemist Day Job

Skill Check: d20 + 15 = 14 + 15 = 29

DC Result GP Award
25 50 gp

+50gp, I already updated your char sheet
As the gnome works on his concoctions, another alchemist from across the room walks over and watches him. The man looks at the 'burning monkey spit' label on the jars of strange liquids. "What does this do?" he asks Kiwi.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 am

"Just what it says." Kiwi is a bit shocked the man does get it. So he takes a tiny bit still in the lab and throws it on the flow. The pith hits the floor and bursts in to flames burning for a short moment. "See. Burning monkey spit... or if you prefer, think of the other end." He grins wide.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:11 am

The man looks down at Kiwi and then back to the potions. "I'll take a couple and see how they fare against my own creations." He tosses a couple coins down on the counter and picks up a few vials of the burning monkey spit.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Davic's Fine Curatives

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 am

The first day-and-a-half after his initiation, Davic spends exploring the Pathfinder Guildhall and generally familiarizing himself with the neighborhood surrounding it. He also spends several hours in his room, scratching away with his pen, making entries in his journal. He knows all too well that the jobs the group recently performed were the most minor of tasks. But they were done under the auspices of the Pathfinders. And so they form the first entries into what he hopes will be a long series of journals. He spares no detail, and offers his candid opinions of what they saw. It was unlikely. But should someone need to know about what they did, his journal will tell them what they need to know.

Once his journal entries are completed, Davic joins Kiwi at the Pathfinder's crafting hall, likewise practicing his hand in alchemy. However, he takes a more measured approach. Taking one look at the equipment the Pathfinders offer for loan, he goes out the next day and buys all of the equipment necessary for a proper alchemist's lab. It's an expensive proposition, he knows. But he also satisfies himself that he's in Absalom, where one can find the greatest variety of merchants - if not in the world, at least in anywhere he's likely to be any time soon. This was his opportunity to get a first class alchemy lab of his very own. In fact, he's proud to note that here in Absalom, the garden variety set he's able to purchase is still finer than the cobbled together set that he learned with.

Soon he's in the alcove next to Kiwi working on concoctions. His own strength is healing and healing herbs. So he decides to work on making some antitoxin. No doubt with the intrigue going on in the city, he'd be able to find a buyer.

"Some day," he says to Kiwi as he waits for an admixture to come to a boil, "some day we'll open a alchemy shop of our own. You can work on the destructive mixtures and I'll take care of the curatives. We'll put a shrunken goblin head in a jar and some stuffed creatures in the front window to draw in customers."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Davic's Fine Curatives

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:07 am

Kiwi sells his wares and reaponds to Davic with a high pitched laugh, "Prefer I do a shrunken snake folk head, more rare, more scary, more proffit." He chuckles and lens his aid to Davic trading his knowledge for Davic, the witch doctor knows all manner of concoctions, not just violent ones.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Davic's Fine Curatives

Post by thehitcat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Misha swings by to visit Kiwi and Davic on the second day after their day of tasks.

"Davic, I spent some time filling out my new Pathfinder journal last night. I wondered if I could sit down with you and compare notes. I want to make sure I got all the details, some of the spelling of the names and titles of the people we visited seem to have escaped me."

She turns and looks at Kiwi. "Hi Kiwi. I heard some of the other pathfinders at dinner last night talking about your "Burning Monkey Spit" seems to be a hit." She smiles "I mean I think it was you there weren't any other green haired gnome alchemists here yesterday were there?"
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Kiwi and Davic's Alchemical Concoctions

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Kiwi smiles to Misha, "Oh yes, they call it something foolish I believe, 'alchemist's fire' but that hardly explains what it really is." He jiggles his purse, "They paid well for it." He sits down with the pair, not that he cares to read or write the journal, but the companionship is nice.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Kiwi and Davic's Alchemical Concoctions

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 pm

"I"d be happy to compare notes," Davic replies. "I"m not sure I got the spellings right either. But at least we can both be consistent."

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Kiwi and Davic's Alchemical Concoctions

Post by thehitcat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:33 am

"Excellent," Misha settles in and starts comparing her recollections with Davic. She does this by discussing the adventures with both Davic and Kiwi and brings Kiwi further into the process by asking him his recollections of the events and copying down when she can his names for the things they saw and did when they differ from her words/names.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel