Prelude: Search and Rescue

A Hunter: the Vigil game set in the unluckiest neighborhood in New England
Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Prelude: Search and Rescue

Post by Shadowwk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Scanning the immediate area for his discarded multitool he looks over at Sam.
"Sorry Sam, I was a little preoccupied trying to kill the thing. Thanks again for your help." Jason is winded but flashes a smile in between breaths.

Ignoring his dad's wishes he clicks on his LED flashlight and heads down into the cave to check on the others, a small inkling of fear creeping into his heart.
take a quick look around for multitool. stick in one hand, flashlight in the other Jason heads down into the cave to check on the others, regardless of finding the item or not

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 am

Nobody answers Sam, but he can hear johns voice echoing up as he talks to Carl, and moments later, he hears the boy's voice as Carl presses his hands against the invisible barrier and says "I can't get out of the circle! I'm stuck!" then he sits down on the ground and starts crying again.

Jason has a little bit of trouble juggling light, stick, and multitool with his wounded hand, but he manages and makes his way down into the cave to join the others, leaving Sam as the only one up top.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:00 am

"It's okay, Carl... We're going to get you out... of this... thing... Don't you worry. We're here to help you."
make whatever kind of check one would make to calm a child when one has no real idea whether or not it is possible to reach him. Try to be authoritative about it.
John raps on the invisible wall with a knuckle... and then presses his hand against whatever it isn't, removes it, and shines a light where his hand is, looking for traces of dirt that might have stuck to whatever material is here. Testing his injured foot, he shifts his weight to the heel, steadies himself on the wall with one hand, points the flashlight with the other, and kicks at the dirt at the base of the circle, trying to see how deep this obstruction goes.
I do that thing I said... trying to get a notion about what I'm interacting with using my Civil E understanding of materials and structures... I'm sure they apply to evil badger technology!

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 am

Vincent rubs his head." There does seem to be some kind of invisible wall. I've never seen anything like it." He then looks at the markings on the ground that seem to be the marker for this strange barrier. Vincent then tries to rub some of the markings off with his foot. He is still to stunned to really grasp the significance of their situation.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:37 am

John has his hand against the invisible wall, kicking at the dirt at it's base. He's just finished stubbing his toe when Vincent does the same to the writings around the edge and the wall is suddenly gone. John stumbles awkwardly, but keeps his feet.

Up top, Sam's phone suddenly comes to life with three texts from his wife asking how the search is going.

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:11 am

Jason stows the multitool in a pocket and is relieved to see that Carl is more or less unharmed.
Did I "see" the barrier go down or do i make it down afterward?

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:02 am

Vincent makes the symbol of a cross "Holy Father." He whispers. "Let's get out of here! Carl try to get out now."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:28 am

Sure, SH. Ee'll say you saw it... or at least, saw your dad leaning against something that suddenly went away.
Carl doesn't move. He's not even looking at the men in the cave anymore, just sitting there and sucking his thumb, which seems an odd thing for a six year old to be doing.

Although it may have been a trick of the light, Vincent notices that Carl's spiky hair and odd eyes have gone back to normal.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:50 am

Vincent is thoroughly freaked out by now. The weird "animal" the invisible wall and he thinks he saw weird "devil" eyes. He rushes to try and pick up Carl again hoping to not knock himself out and hurry out of the cave.
Grab the kid and make like the cave is collapsing.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Vincent has no trouble scooping up Carl this time, and starts to make his way out of the cave.