Interlude: Jerry's Bar and Grill

A Hunter: the Vigil game set in the unluckiest neighborhood in New England
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Interlude: Jerry's Bar and Grill

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:07 am

"I do not know if we can kill them, would that even matter, there's a lot more in that cave than we could kill unless we had a bomb." Sam frowns, "It would be nice to have a specimen, but I'm not a biologist or even coroner." Sam watches Jason get up and start to leave, "Don't make the boy feel uncomfortable, try to allow him to tell you what happened. Kids aren't good at lying, but he might just shut down and not speak."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:31 am

"Bomb", Fred utters quietly under his breath. The man's mind wandering for a second. "I might know a guy, who knows a guy, who talked to someone about a construction site that may have explosives stored on the premises. Ahhh, even if I could get a hold of the stuff, I don't know jack about using it. How about you guys?"...
Do I know the guy who knows a guy???
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:24 pm

The bar continues to bustle with activity, even after Jason makes his way out. Surprisingly, the world doesn't revolve around the teenager. He'd be shocked.
MV: have a look at the ooc forum. I answered your question there.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 pm

"I think they call them demolition charges when they're used right" says John.

"I can think a little bit on how we might best collapse that cave system with some charges... but it's going to bring more notice than our searching did. All kinds of seismic probes are being watched for changes... so even us collapsing the corkscrew tunnel we were in might be notable. That doesn't even count whatever the hell room those things were piling out of."

"It's been a long while since I even picked up a book on how to properly lay charges for that kind of thing, but I bet I could sort out how to handle it safely, and if I'm really clever, I could even file the right paperwork for such a thing." muses Murphy... wondering how readily such applications of his trade might return.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 am

"If we do it. It would have to be done right. No amateur night bullshit". Fred's words are stern, but you can tell they are from a sincere concern for the people of the neighborhood...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:22 am

Vincent lowers his voice "Woah I don't know anything about explosives, but it sounds pretty dangerous. Do you guys know anything about this?? We talking pipe bombs, dynamite, fertilizer or what?!"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Conversation dies as the ideas run out, and eventually everyone returns home.
Locking thread... on to chapter 1