Interlude: Jerry's Bar and Grill

A Hunter: the Vigil game set in the unluckiest neighborhood in New England
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Interlude: Jerry's Bar and Grill

Post by Bitom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Friday, June 8th, 2012. Grey, Maine

It's 8pm. Jerry's is a small place near to the neighborhood. On a Friday night, it's pretty packed, and the muffled roar of conversation guarantees a certain amount of anonymity.
Since my work life has been too intense this week to kick off chapter 1, I figured I'd give you guys a chance to RP out Sam's revelations.
Last edited by Bitom on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Interlude: Jerry's Bar and Grill

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Sam has arrived a few minutes early. He gets himself Maker's and Water. The guy is wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans, blending in with everyone else.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Fred is the next to enter, his polo shirt and jeans not that uncommon in the bar. Stepping up to the bar he leans in slightly making sure the bartender can hear him over the rooms din. "Scotch straight up", he utters in a gruff voice. His eyes watch the bartender for a moment and then drift across the crowd. He catches sight of Sam just as the freshly topped glass quietly clinks down on the bar top. He pulls out a five and hands it across the bar not bothering to wait for change. A few steps later he stands to the side of Sam, "This seat taken?"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Jason enters next, black pants and a black polo with his works logo on the sleeve. A weeks worth of scruff adorns his face and helps the teen blend in a bit better. Deciding to skip the bar he swims through the crowd of people to where Sam and Fred are seated. Grabbing a chair he looks at the other two, "Hey guys, its been a while. How are things?"
See you on the other side

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Vincent enters in a blue track suit unzipped part way showing a cheap gold chain around his neck. He struts over to the table "Evening." He slides onto the stool next to the group. He starts drumming his fingers on the wooden bar top. "Glenlivet 12 water back."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Sam is already frowning as everyone arrives. "No particularly great," the professor quips, waiting for the rest to get here before he starts with his story.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:31 am

Fred makes a note of Sam's dour mood as he takes a sip from the tumbler. He swallows before hesitantly speaking. "That bad huh"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Sam shrugs, "Depends, this just puts my career in jeopardy. If anyone of you come out public with this and claim I know something, I will deny it to the end."

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Jason nods, "Sounds fair. Now you gonna tell us or keep us in the dark? Because, I would really like to know what tried to kill us." By this point, Jason has a barely contained. look of excitement, mixed with several other emotions, on his face.
See you on the other side

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:15 pm

"Fuck this," Sam says, taking a huge gulp of his whiskey. "Here goes, the 'honey badgers' are really the source of Norse Mythology. They are, essentially, trolls." He holds up a hand to shut everyone up before they start blabbing. "They were trying to steal the kid to turn him into one of them. That's what they do, apparently. Also, the kid is okay if they can't get to him. They have to capture him again." He takes another drink, polishing it off now, "Eventually they sort of disappear, I don't know if they go away, or do some other weird shit." Sam grunts, and places his glass down waiting for the questions and replies as they come.