Interlude: Jerry's Bar and Grill

A Hunter: the Vigil game set in the unluckiest neighborhood in New England
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Interlude: Jerry's Bar and Grill

Post by Chanur » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Vincent sips his scotch as Sam begins to talk. When he mentions Trolls Vincent chokes and wheezes trying to get the burning liquid out of his lungs. When it clears he responds sarcastically "Trolls...turning kids into trolls . Like in the movie Labyrinth, dance magic dance? ". Vincent comes across skeptical and highly sarcastic.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 pm

"I didn't believe it either. But for some reason, I makes a strange sort of sense," Sam comments, "What else can I say, that's the story I was given. I can tell you for damn sure those fucking things are no animal known to any biologist on this planet. With so many of them nearby do you think that's possible? Let me answer for you, it isn't. Why is that, I wonder?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:59 pm

"I agree its not natural. Let's pretend this Troll thing has some validity, not that I'm condoning it. What do we do about it? Do they die? Can they be driven off? I think there is something to them wanting children and I did see....something " Vincent shudders slightly. "Something strange. Either way we need to make sure they don't come for anymore kids...for what ever reason. Agreed?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am

"I don't know," Sam says, "I know they 'go away', but I do not know if we can make them go away." He spins his empty glass, "Same with killing them I guess, but we did hit them, and it seemed to bother them."

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:11 am

Jason finds a very interesting spot at the mention of combat. "They can be hurt, but they are also strong. If I knew how to fight better we would of had one of the fuckers to study. Sam," Jason looks up, eyes hollow, "Who did you talk to? I have a little bit of knowledge on norse mythology, did a report in school but I would like a chance to poke their brain. "
See you on the other side

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:28 am

"I don't think that's going to happen," Sam says, "I got the information from someone at the University that put me into contact with someone on the phone. He sounded German, but who knows, I'm not a linguist. It seemed like they gave me the information that they did just so I wouldn't go public with it and be ruined." He sighs and calls over a waitress for another drink, "There is some huge conspiracy to keep this sort of stuff secret, so I was told. And this isn't the only secret out there. There is other weird, supernatural shit out there."

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:27 am

Jason sighs, says a mental fuck it and orders a rum and coke from the waitress, age be damned. "I wanted to keep this a secret, and I'm not sure if it was because I was tired, but the night we went out to find the kid... I think I saw a ghost of some kind in the woods. Like, lady in white who just disappeared. I was afraid of the reaction, but now seems like as good a time as any."
See you on the other side

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:52 am

"Do you fucking hear yourselves?", Fred barks quietly as he leans forward in his chair and swallows a large portion of his drink in a single audible swallow. "Ghost, trolls. Whats next fucking twinkling golden fairies? Stories to shut a kid up for the night so their parents don't have to worry about them sneaking out. You can't be taking this seriously". Fred lifts the glass and polishes of the scotch in another singular gulp. "Rabid porcupine, giant hedgehog, honey badgers I can accept that. Its highly unlikely but I can accept it". Leaning in further still, Fred leers at the professor, "Trolls really. There's no such thing, your pulling my fucking leg". Fred growls, his tone implying that he hopes this is some kind of elaborate prank...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 pm

"Fred, look," Sam says, "I know this isn't believable, but look at the empirical data." He clears his throat, "We know that these things are no creature's known to man. They are in close proximity to a populated society with high levels of technology. We know the video is real because we took it." He pauses, "We found the kid in some sort of ritualistic scene." Sam shrugs, "If we want to go talk to him about it, I bet he doesn't remember anything, or remembers being lifted out of his bed. This will seem like bullshit to his parents, but it will completely jive with the troll theory. If you think I'm lying about what I've found out, that's fine, the door is that way." He jerks his thumb toward the exit.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:23 pm

The waitress smiles at Jason like his request for a Rum and Coke is one of the most adorable things she's seen tonight. She does not get him one, and Jerry's continues to have it's liquor license for one more day.
Last edited by Bitom on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.