Chapter 1: Mirror, Mirror on the wall.

A Hunter: the Vigil game set in the unluckiest neighborhood in New England
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Chapter 1: Mirror, Mirror on the wall.

Post by Bitom » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 pm

*** In the kitchen ***

Things go crazy in a hurry. Sam tries to grab the boy, but fails to make contact as his hand is pulled out of the way. Fred decides that a fist to the face is safer than a knife to the palm, but John seems to disagree. The father's shoulder rams into the contractor, but doesn't knock him off balance by enough to prevent his fist from making contact.

One thing has come of it: Jason's teeth tear open his lip, and there is blood to be had.

Jason's head comes back up after taking the Punch, his eyes completely black, devoid of iris or white. "Fine. Lets be that way!" he says, then throws his hand forward. It doesn't touch Fred, but that doesn't stop the man from flying back against the wall.

John tries to interfere: Dex + brawl: 1 die: 8 1 success will add to Jason's Defense score this round.

I'm going to give Fred his risk, even though he doesn't fully believe that Jason is possessed yet. We'll take care of THAT at the end of the chapter when it comes time for degeneration rolls.

Fred's punch: Str + Brawl - Defense + risked WP = 4 dice, 9 again:
1, 8, 1, 6; 1 successes and therefore 1 level of bashing.

Sam's grab: Str + Brawl - Defense: 0 dice: chance roll: 3, fail.

Spirit's Power roll: 6 dice: 6, 2, 2, 3, 6, 9, 1 success and Fred also takes a bashing wound.

*** Inside Jason's head ***

Jason watches all this happen, and in retrospect, it is obvious that the demon had some sort of telekinetic ability.
There may be something you can do, but I'm not tellin'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm

"You idiot!" Sam yells at Fred.

"We need to get Jason's blood on the board, someone help me." The sewing kit would have been fine, Sam tosses the knife far away from the shuffle, not wanting the possessed Jason to use it, or some other accident to happen. "We need to wipe his blood on the board, just listen to me you rednecks!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:27 am

After watching Fred go flying, Jason is pissed. Calming his nerves for a moment, and noticing that Yalocan seems to be preoccupied with his friends Jason goes for a sucker-punch. "Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.."
Jason is going to recite as much of the Ritual Romanum as he can remember, either finishing the whole prayer or giving the others a chance to take his blood and burn the talking board. I'm not sure if recalling anything past that part would require a roll. If a roll is involved, risk willpower. I want this thing outta me.
I wasn't sure which version you would want, whether it was the Supernatural version or the true ritual romanum, but this was about all I could think to do since my will apparently isn't strong enough to fight this thing off.
See you on the other side

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 am

Fortunately the drywall gives way before Fred's rib cage and he peels away with a slight limp. "Give me the damn board, I think I have what we need", he croaks angrily brandishing his upraised knuckles...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Yalocan Tumulu 15, Jason 12, Tom 11, Fred 9, John 8, Vincent 7, Sam 5
*** inside Jason's head ***

There is laughter, followed by "You memorized that whole thing? You, young scion, watch too much TV. Now sit down and be quiet. I'm busy."

*** In the Kitchen ***

Everyone is abundantly clear that Jason is possessed by something. There's a smile on his face as he reaches out and the ouija board flies into his hand. "I don't THINK so. I like it here."
Demonic power used.
Jason and Tom....

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 pm

"Think dammit think," Jason says to himself. Attempted to move body, failed. Attempt to exercise demon using religious crap, failed. Attempt to over-power demon, failed. "Well, so much for a long life."

'Turning' to Yalocan, "So, you keep calling me Scion. I'm thinking you know something I don't. Well, I kinda like the idea of being powerful. It might help me deal out some justice, and give me some respect. So, how bout it? You and me, cohabit in here, I convince everyone else to not try and exercise you. Sound like a plan?"
At this point in time I have pretty much run out of ideas. I've tried everything I can think of and this is my last idea. No way this can end badly.
See you on the other side

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Sam yells out, "Get the board from him and hold him down!" Sam takes a step forward, "Quit being so damn stupid," he says to everyone. "Get the blood on the board and we burn the board."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Fred looks at his fist, the young man's blood staining the knuckles; and then at the amazing flying ouiji board. The construction man spits, "The hell with this". Then out of no where charges at the demon in a meat suit. His effort hopefully rewarded with the boys blood on the board and itself knocked out of the hell spawn's grasp...
Charging the critter, risking another willpower to get the board out of the demons possession...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

JimBone
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JimBone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Amongst the madness Tom looks to Jason for some sign of mutual support, and finally he doesn't see Jason looking back. There is no familiarity, not even a twitch of recognition in Jason's face, he appears to stare right through Tom.

Putting the fragments together Tom now understands what everyone was shouting about. Tom's eyes flit to the board just as it flies into Jason's hand. Tom thinks for a moment, then makes for the front door.
Attempt to get out of the house and over to the Smith's. Tom figures if the rest of the guys can't overpower whatever's controlling Jay's body, then he's not going to be any help either. He wants more information from Jay, but that seems unlikely. Talking to Lily seems his next best option.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Yalocan Tumulu 15, Jason 12, Tom 11, Fred 9, John 8, Vincent 7, Sam 5
*** Inside Jason's Head ***

Jason tries to make a deal with the spirit inhabiting his body, but there is no response. It seems the Demon isn't listening to him right now.

*** In the Kitchen ***

Finally understanding what is going on, Tom elects to run away. He heads for the door. He may have some kind of plan in mind, but nobody left behind knows.
Tom leaves the house and essentially leaves the scene. By the time he gets to the Smiths, gets someone to answer the door, and has a conversation with Lily, this situation will be long-since resolved.
Fred goes for the direct approach, as he seems to be wont to do. He charges in, and although he gets his hands on the board, he isn't able to wrench it from the Teen's hand.
Can't risk willpower more than once in a scene. Was nice and spent it instead, but next time I won't.

Str + Brawl + WP: 4 dice:4, 1, 10, 3, 5: 1 successes. 1 dice were re-rolled due to 10 again rule.

Strength contest to get the board:
Fred Rolled: 3 dice: 1, 5, 8: 1 successes.
Jason Rolled: 2 dice: 9, 2 1 successes.
John...