Chapter 2: Full Moon Fever

A Hunter: the Vigil game set in the unluckiest neighborhood in New England
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Chapter 2: Full Moon Fever

Post by MadVlat » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm

On the way back Fred begins reading the camera instructions. Not really really wishing to engage in conversation he boggles his mind with slot A and tab B directions until finally he can't take it any longer. Putting the paperwork down on the seat he looks over at Tom. "So...one camera. Where do you think we should put it?"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

JimBone
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JimBone » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Tom had obviously been thinking the question over already. "Priority is lighting. If there's too much tree cover we're not gonna catch enough light for this thing to be worthwhile. Moon's pretty full so if we can get it pointed down towards the ground from a height we should avoid glare and hopefully if it catches anything there'll be enough ambient for us to see it."

Tom scratches the patchy stubble on his neck and chin.

"As for location.... I'd say where the tracks ended. If that... if it uses the same path again, we might luck out and figure out which way it headed for sure this time."
We're maybe gonna need some basic equipment to secure the cam up a tree and cover our tracks. I imagine the Murphy Home Depot has it covered - if John is still unavailable I guess we're going to pick up Jay.

Also just how basic is this camera? Will it snap on motion detection only? Can we set it to take several shots per detection? And how many snaps before we fill an SD on full quality, or drain the battery?

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Vincent's eyes begin to glaze over as Tom obviously excited begins to discuss this thing he is passionate about. "So its like a Super Mario thing or something? "

Turning back to business " How heavy is it? Could we zip tie it into the tree? I like the idea of it being up high we don't want anything messing with it. "
Good question about the multi shots.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Fred grins and reaches into the box after reading the instructions. "Doesn't need zip ties or duct tape", just then he pulls out the adjustable strap that came with the camera...
Have bought a few of these over the years and they always come with a cinch strap for mounting it to the tree...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 pm

The unit does indeed come with a strap, as well as a night-vision mode and enough settings that you probably need a degree in computer science to get it working. Fortunately, Tom has one of those, and before long, the only thing that needs doing is figuring out where to put it.
See OOC forum for the stats on this beast. Any option you want, it's probably got. You bought the good one.

JimBone
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JimBone » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 am

"Awesome. Let's give it a quick test then get it hooked up." Tom snatches the camera from Fred without a hint of politeness nor malice. He digs through the settings on the small screen on the back while he walks slowly out of his sitting room.

Re-entering some moments later he returns, methodically closes the door to the hallway, then opens it again and sprints out of the room. His boots can be heard bounding down the hall, then back up again. There is a dull thump against the sitting room door. Another 30 seconds or so later Tom enters back through the door, his long messy hair enveloping the camera in the pose that's normally characteristic of him using his phone. He lifts his head as the camera bleeps 'off' - "We're good." he smiles.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:46 am

Fred grabs up his shotgun and turns to the others, "Lets get this over with, I could use a couple of hours of sleep before tonight"...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:08 am

Driving back to his house, Sam parks the car and slams the door, obviously irritated. He then walks over to where he assumes everyone is and starts knocking on the door. When someone opens the door and he sees Fred with his shotgun, he just shakes his head and says, "We need silver. Just like the movies."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 am

"Really? Silver? You mean to tell me that Hollywood actually got something right?" Jason is pawing through his backpack, making sure everything is where its supposed to be.
See you on the other side

JimBone
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JimBone » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

"Hey Sam! We were..." Tom's face drops when he hears the news, the excitement of his new toy wearing off.

Tom passes the camera to Jason to put in his bag, then leaves the room without talking.
Off to find something silver that Tom owns, preferably sharp, or something that can be fashioned into something stabby without too much effort. I leave myself at the mercy of the GM for whatever the item may be, if any!