Chapter 2: Full Moon Fever

A Hunter: the Vigil game set in the unluckiest neighborhood in New England
Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Chapter 2: Full Moon Fever

Post by Shadowwk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 am

Jason takes the camera without saying a word and excuses himself to run home.
Of to go try and find something silver at the Murphy hardware store. More people searching, more odds of success.
See you on the other side

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 am

Fred slaps his forehead as if he'd forgotten to drink his V8 and then looks up. "Whatever happened to good old lead poisoning? No its gotta be something expensive"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Tom and Jason run off to look for silver.

Tom doesn't have much luck, coming up with a single ring that he's PRETTY sure is silver that some girl gave him a long time ago.

Jason comes up with a similarly suspect ring, as well as the good flatware. Taking the silverware might be noticed by his mother, though. And without his Dad to defend him, he's worried that she might think he's going to be pawning it for drugs. None of the flatware is particularly sharp, either, and sharpening it will make it not returnable.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 am

"It is probably smarter to just go buy some." Sam looks at everyone, "And try to make bullets out of them. I have a feeling these things are as monstrous as the tales say they are."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 pm

"He's right but how many gunsmiths do we have here?", Fred chimes out in an irritated tone. "If we keep going through money like this we are going to have to find sponsors", he muses in a serious tone...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 pm

"So Tom, any luck? I got some of our good flatware but unless we plan to spork the things to death I'm out of ideas. I did find this pretty ring though, can't remember where or who from." Jason has been fumbling with the thing the whole walk over, looking for a makers mark or wording or anything.
So, is it a plain banded ring or are there any stones? Any markings or makers marks? Also, I wanna hit up my contacts, see if they know anybody who ammo. Ill spend a point of WP if the need should arise.

JimBone
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JimBone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

"One hundred percent sterling useless" Tom says presenting the ring then tossing it onto his computer desk. Not looking best pleased at the talk of silver bullets and gunsmiths.

Then, an idea perks him up a little. "Sam.. what did you find out? Does it have to be silver bullets, or will a silver wound do the job?" Walking over to his fireplace he picks up long cloth bag, opens the drawstring and unsheathes his elegant fencing foil, removes the rubber stopper from the tip and inspects its sharpness, glancing now more favourably at the ring on his desk.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:54 am

"Any silver wound, I think," Sam says, "Probably buckshot is the best way to go. We could probably do that ourselves." He takes a step inside and finds a seat, rubbing his head, "I don't think we'll be wanting to get close to these things." He looks at the foil and just shakes his head in disapproval.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Looking at the foil, Tom knows that there's really no way to modify it into a real weapon. They're designed to break off square for safety. On the other hand, he does have a real rapier upstairs.

Finding a way to add the silver to either blade might prove impossible, though.
I know you were talking about the real sword that's on your sheet, but you just do NOT use real swords in any kind of competition fencing anymore. The days of blunted blades are long past, and replaced by practice blades which are unusable as weapons.
It's just a plain, stamped out cheapie. it's PROBABLY sterling. the kind of thing you buy at a renfaire for 10 bucks.

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:43 pm

"Pretty sword dude. But it's kinda blunt. You might be able to whip one to death though. Hehe."
Depends on where you get the sword from. The practice backsword I use is full-functioning and with a good sharpen could lop off a hand/arm.