Character Chatter

OOC forum for the Age of Future Past.
thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Character Chatter

Post by thehitcat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:53 pm

OK I'm jumping the gun a little but I'm interested in hearing from Tet what he's looking for and from the other players what they are thinking about playing. So let's get this thing moving! :)
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Character Chatter

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:21 am

This is perfect. Let's get some talk going. I admittedly need to write a bunch more stuff, I'll get there.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm planning to play a druid with a mysterious past. I don't want to say much more about her right now, because that would give away the mystery. :D

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12

Post by thehitcat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Ooohh spooky! :)

I have no idea what to play. I'm toying a bit with the idea of the gunslinger from Pathfinder but I don't really know yet what my options are.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah, sorry, I haven't updated much. Guns aren't very easy to come by, and most of them don't work anyway. However, I could see this working if that's what you want. You'd be a very 'wanted' man. People with overt technology often are killed and robbed.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12

Post by thehitcat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Hmm would certainly make it interesting. I'm just kicking around ideas nothing solid. What kinds of races are we talking or is this humanocentric (which I might add is cool)? Just trying out ideas. Also how would wizards work would they be wizardly or would they be like Thundarr's evil wizards who were using tech for the most part and tarting it up in ritual and robes.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:49 pm

There are absolutely tons of races. Just ask me, and likely I would allow them, even non-obvious races like cyclops, giants, etc.

Wizards can look like anything. There's really not a generic theme to them. Lots like to keep low because of things like slavers, etc. Their skills are of great import.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:48 pm

I actually think the standard gunslinger class is premised on the idea that guns are rare and primitive--that might work well with the setting, at least the rare part.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Yeah. I don't have a problem with it, really. I need to look at the class itself, but that concept is okay. Everyone dealing with future-tech just need to deal with the consequences. Upkeep is tough, do you have enough bullets, etc? Plus, people like that stuff, and people are mean in this place, they will try to take your stuff.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:25 pm

One race that might be particularly interesting in this setting is the samsaran (found in both Dragon Empires and the Advanced Race Guide)--they are continually reincarnated and can recall fragments from their past lives.