Welcome Back

This forum is for the Mahasarpa Ascension game.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Welcome Back

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Are these our only two choices? If so, I choose "End the Game".
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:38 pm

I'd be OK with either. As I said, I haven't gotten really invested in the game, so I'd be OK if it ended. If we keep playing, I'd like a break from the dungeon crawl to engage in some role-playing, so our characters can get to know each other. I'm not sure how you'd work that into the adventure at this point, but I think it would be very beneficial to the game.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:53 am

To be frank (you can be ethel) I think that I probably shouldn't have restarted this game. For 7 years this game was my baby and I totally loved it. The opening of this chapter was a nice way to suggest a new begininging to me, giving some closer to old charcters. Previously the had ended on a good note, the wedding of Shamad and Sujata, and it was a nice cliffhanger, "fade to black" sort of thing, but amping things up was fun.

Starting up in media res was a poor choice I realize now because you did lack that initial new group bonding.

This world and story has so much back story it is hard to bring in new people no matter what, and you 2 did an admirable job considering me screw up on how it started.

Where the game is going next, beyong getting into the temple, hearing the prophecy and then talking about, is kinda vague to me. I really just have too many games and things are suffering because of it.

With Tet, the leader, voting for an end, and you 2 both stuck the way things are, and Trog abstaining from the vote, I think I better call it quits. I sooooo apologize for this, and for getting your hopes up and having you spend the time on char gen and reading, etc. I think it is everyones best interest that we don't spend any more time on it. It sucks to end stuff but somethings just have a shelflife and for now Maha has reached its.

For a long while now in my Eberron game Trogdor has been working on starting up an adventurer company in Xendrik. A group of lower level characters that are cohorts of the higher level group. That game is likely my next longest running game without interuption. If that game comes to the point they actually get the Grey Company up and running, it would play kinda like, but not exactly, like Pathfinder Society, but your bosses would be other PCs. They would send you on missions, and you'd get tangled up in their epic quests in smaller fashions (level appropriate stuff). If that happens, you guys can have first dibs on joining if interrested.

I HATE to end games, but I think we all agree, this game is flawed. Like they say Tet, "you can't go home again".
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:43 am

I'm fine with this decision. It sucks, but I'm fine with it.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 pm

It's too bad you couldn't get this game off the ground. Maybe when you have more inspiration at some point in the future, you can restart it again, scrapping this chapter.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 am

Okay. Thanks for your efforts V.
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm

I think if you're going to do 'classic' Maha, you have to stick with the characters that got us there. If you wanted to do a different Maha game, in the distant past, or future, or even at the same time somewhere else -- maybe then it would work.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 pm

I too am sorry to see the game end. But I agree that it's better to end than to struggle on without flourishing. Some day I'd like to play Janak again (or another psion). But for now, I'm content to fade to black again.

I agree with Tet though. It's tough to mix up the group too much in Maha. If you really wanted the flavor of a Maha game without the main characters, then a past or future game might be the way to go. But then, only if you had a solid concept for the game.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 pm

I think the liberation of Bhalluka might be interesting. Being 'stuck' in the city and having to fight yuan-ti to survive, raising an army, etc. I was kinda hoping Shamad was going to be able to do that (raise an army and attack bhalluka).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 pm

I agree with a few points, the game if it was going to continue needed to have the old characters/players back. Any remix of Maha would need to start out again with a completely new group with low level guys, and a new story, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring