Chapter 1: A Means to an End

Brennor's RPG Corner has never seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy! In our beta test of the new Fantasy Flight RPG, 'Star Wars: Edge of the Empire,' our heroes are just as often of the 'anti' variety: heart hearted smugglers, smooth scoundrels, and ruthless bounty hunters try to make ends meet and often find themselves struggling against authority in this fast-paced RPG set in the Star Wars Universe.

Run by the GM Darth Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 1: A Means to an End

Post by Bo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 am

Seeing 2 out of 3 of the droids downed and the final tied up with the monstrous Trandoshan, Jaime, Jaxon leaves cover and comes to Glitch's side. "I guess that's what they call 'taking one for the team'?" he says and slaps an analgesic dressing on the slicer's blaster wound. "Listen," he says, "Just don't get yourself killed.. I'm all thumbs when it comes to computers."

Immediately, Glitch feels a little better.
I'll explain a little for learning purposes.
Maneuver: Move to Glitch. Action: Use Medicine skill w Aid of a Medpac. Glitch was at over half of his wound threshold, so according to the book 2 difficulty dice were used. Jaxon has intellect of 2 and medicine skill of 1. So 1 of the two ability dice was upgraded to a proficiency dice. Finally, two boost dice were added: 1 from Szara's action, the other from the MedPac I use to help with first aid. The roll netted 1 success and 1 advantage. I'll pass the advantage on to Jaime for a boost die during his turn. 1 success means 1 wound healed, but I have the surgeon talent which grants an extra wound healed for a total of 2 net healed on Glitch. He's now at 6 of 12 wounds... 50% HPs.
Jaime...
~Bo~

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:51 pm

There's an alarming buzz as Jaime draws his vibro weapon, applying it to the last droid in liberal fashion and clearly annoyed he's the only one to not down one of the rust buckets yet.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:07 am

Jaime drops the make-shift club, a vibroknife appearing in his hand. He deftly finds a chink in the droids armor and drives the weapon home, twisting and rending circuits inoperable. The droid is surrounded by a discharge of static electricity, unable to move.
Maneuver: Wield vibroknife (I gave dropping the 'club' as a free action), Action: Attack. Result: 1 success, 5 advantages! So this plays out thus: Vibroknife has a few cool qualities. First, it has 'Pierce 2'. Pierce allows the weapon to ignore a point of soak for every rank of pierce. Second, it has 'Vicious 1'. Vicious adds 10x vicious rank to a critical hit roll. Finally, it only requires 2 advantage to activate a critical hit. Thus: attack hits for 3-(4-2 (from soak and Pierce))=1 damage. Critical roll is 24+10=34. 34 on the critical table is 'Stunned': "You cannot perform and action on your next turn"
The remaining droid is stunned, Jaime standing near it with his vibroknife buried to the hilt.

Jaxon uses this opportunity. He runs forward a few paces, his blaster pistol at the ready and fires. The stunned droid is downed and moves no more.
Maneuver: Move to close range. Action: Attack. Result: (Dice Pool: 1 difficulty, 1 ability, 1 proficiency, 1 setback (because Jaime in melee w target), 1 boost (left over advantages from Jaime) Hit for 7 dmg + 2 advantages. Droid is destroyed
The human takes a minute to regain his breath. The smell of ozone is heavy in the air. "Quite a welcoming party," he says. In the distance an alarm starts to blare. "Oh man...." he ushers to party. " C'mon... let's get inside and get to cover. Our cover is blown!"

Inside the room is what looks to be a kind of warehouse with crates and catwalks abounding.
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 pm

"That did not work out well," Szara states the obvious. "I thought that we could still just talk to the guy to free the assets but I don't think he's going to be glad about the destruction of his property." But the Chiss is no fool, knowing that what might follow isn't legal trouble. "So how're we going to do that?" She asks looking over the closest crates. "We should retrieve weaponry and then we'll be done, right?"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 am

"If he complains we'll... talk to him about freeing the assets." Jaime rumbles with amusement, then picks a crate at random, peeling the lid off. "The guy who hired us can't need all this stuff. We've earned a bit of a cut here."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 am

Glitch shakes his head after recieving the wound and then being healed by Jaxon. As he collects his gear and prepares to move out, he says, "Remind me to not get shot next time. It doesn't feel that all that great. Besides, I'm used to having the holonet between me and my enemies. You know what they say, a keyboard is mightier than the vibroblade."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:19 am

As the party enters the warehouse and beings to peruse the crates and take in the place, a voice comes over a PA system.

"So," says the voice. It is the smooth, sultry tone of a Devaronian. "So.. Wayans has sent his puppy dogs to do his bidding, eh?" There is raucous laughter. "Well, he should have come himself."

After that there is the hiss of a turbolift and the sound of running feet. "Prepare to die, fools... I'll send your head back to Wayans to remind him of who he is messing with!"

The adventurers can see shapes running across the floor from the other end of the warehouse. Two to the left and one to the right. The shape on the right runs up some steps to stand on one of the catwalks.

The adventurers....
PC, PC, PC, NPC, NPC, PC (I did Vigilance rolls): Glitch 3, Jaime 3, Jaxon 0, Szara 3, Aqualish 1, Arms Dealer 2)
You're currently facing two Aqualish Thugs (Minions that act together like the droids did) and an Arms Dealer (Henchmen - slightly stronger NPC but not to the 'Nemesis' level. You can describe in your post where you want your PC to start out. It should be somewhere towards the 'south' of the map.
Last edited by Bo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 am

Glitch may not be the best shot, but he's on edge after the scrap with the droids. When he sees the thugs, he takes off running for cover and fires a shot at the two in the back of the room.
Incidental: Minor Movement (not moving 1 band closer, I think)
Maneuver: Take Cover
Action: Shoot at Aqualish thug

Cover behind barrels on bottom left

Pass any boosts to Jaime or Szara (whichever one is shoots first)

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:39 am

"Do not get shot," Szara says coldly, reiterating what Glitch just said a moment ago. She moves in, slides into cover and fires off her first shot.
I'd like to start at the S edge of the group of crates in the SW section of the map, being in cover from any current opponents. If that is too far then my first maneuver is to take cover, not aim.

Maneuver: Aim (Take cover).
Action: attack Devaronian.

Pass Boosts or Advantages to next PC.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:11 am

I don't suppose Jaime found anything handy in the crate before they showed up? ^^