Chapter 1: A Means to an End

Brennor's RPG Corner has never seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy! In our beta test of the new Fantasy Flight RPG, 'Star Wars: Edge of the Empire,' our heroes are just as often of the 'anti' variety: heart hearted smugglers, smooth scoundrels, and ruthless bounty hunters try to make ends meet and often find themselves struggling against authority in this fast-paced RPG set in the Star Wars Universe.

Run by the GM Darth Bo
Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 1: A Means to an End

Post by Donan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Jamie eyes the smoking corpses thoughtfully. "I did warn you.." He sheathes the knife and tilts his large head. "Bit of a scruffle. I'd say sorry fo the mess, but you've made your own." He folds massive arms.

"Not that we needed the help, but thanks. Which of you lot would be in charge?" His eyes flicker to Jaxon in a silent message of 'stay down'.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 am

Glitch shakes his arm and rubs some non-existent dirt from his sleeves. He listens to the others question the newcomers, since he has the same questions. The slicer stays behind Szara and Jamie and pulls out his datapad searching for signals or anomalies in the networks. As he taps away, it's also quite possible, he's contacting his bookie or placing a bet via the holonet.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:35 am

Glitch finds nothing unusual in the surrounding wireless signals. He has no reason to believe the new soldiers are anything but what they claim to be.

A hulk of a man steps forward. He lifts up his visor and lets his blaster rifle lower down to the ground in a 45 degree angle. His voice sounds like gravel.

"We're the Scimitars," says the soldier. He looks at Szara and the others. There's nothing but respect in his voice. He's very 'matter-of-fact.' "And we work for Marsela Wayans." The soldier looks around.

"I suppose you'll be able to see him shortly. He sends his thanks for dealing with this... mess.' A pause. "Of course he knew the Scimitars had enough muscle to deal with the situation, but your talent in finding them and infiltrating them is much appreciated... How'd you do it?"

Jaxon stays quiet, looking at Glitch.
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 am

A few moments pass as Glitch continues to tap and swipe away on his datapad. Then he realizes that everyone is looking at him, "Oh.." Then with a shrug he just replies, "I guess it's just luck."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:10 am

The Scimitar commander looks at Glitch and chuckles. "Haha!" he laughs in his gruff voice. "I've been in this business long enough to know there's no such thing as 'luck,'" he says. "What 'luck' we have down here.... we make ourselves." He takes something out of his pocket. "Which... you seem to have done."

"Here... " he hands a piece of flimsy to Glitch. "You'll find directions to Wayans' current base of operations." He points. "Those codes in the lower lefthand corner will get you through the front gate and onto the turbolift. I'll inform security of your imminent arrival."
anyone want to do anything else? Otherwise we'll quick travel to our meeting with Marsela Wayans
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:08 pm

"True enough," Szara comments off-handedly. "This 'trial' before the meeting is over, I presume and we have earned enough trust to meet face to face with Wayans."
I remember that this was all some kind of test for the group, right?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 am

Glitch takes the piece of flimsy and nods at the instructions. The human is confident that he could crack the security operations without using the codes, but since this job is for profit, he doesn't mind taking the shortcut unlike his other more "fun" security efforts.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Jaime lets the others talk, far more focused on repairing the damage to his blaster rifle.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 pm

Yea. Just a little 'task' in order get get enough rep to talk with the head honcho... a common and cheesy tactic in many RPGs ;)

Now... Jaxon's obligation, family, was rolled for this chapter, so I'm going to need to find an interesting way for it to come into play. His family obligation is 20, so it should be something pretty big. On the next part of the adventure we'll roll again and see whose obligation comes up.

Several hours pass and Jaime, Szara, Glitch, and Jaxon find themselves in an elevator. Jaxon has a queasy feeling in his stomach as he feels the lift accelerate to what must be a very high rate of speed.

On Manaan, many 'buildings' start as underwater sprawls. However, their spires and towers often reach hundreds of floors past the ocean surface.

In a few moments, the doors will open and the group will be allowed entrance into Marsela Wayan's office.

"Hey," says Jaxon, reminding everyone - especially their new Trandoshan friend - "Just be on your best behavior, ok?" He smiles. "We have a reputation to uphold and if we can get in good with this fellow it will make our lives alot easier."

Jaxon again briefly outlines his plan to get in on Manaan's line of Kolto production - of which Wayans is a major part. He thinks that if the group can get a sizeable amount of Kolto they can utilize a new method of synthesizing a glitterstim type substance - one with fewer side effects and a gentler, less harsh 'high.'
that was just to review and keep everyone on the same page
Eventually, there is an electronic chime and the doors to the turbolift open
The group steps out into a massive (and massively ornate) office. At the far end, the wall is made of clear plexiglass. There is a long desk and a high-backed chair behind it.

The chair spins around and reveals... a Chadra-Fan???!?

"Hello," says the alien. "I am Marsela Wayan's. A pleasure to finally meet you all."
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 am

Glitch nods and understands Jaxon's plan. Once they have entered the office and are introduced, he nods his head at Marsela Wayan. While he's never seen a Chadra-Fan before, he's not surprised at his appearance. He waits for Jaxon to take the lead and speak for the group.