OOC Discussions

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: OOC Discussions

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:52 pm

V, I got this game, Wulf's been talking about changing the concept a bit. I'll take care of all the forum work necessary when it comes up.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks Tet, I've been reading over the other GUMSHOE sourcebooks to piecemeal a CC process everyone could use as I like what's in both the Trail of Cthulhu AND Esoterrorists. If I can survive today's shift, I'll be off for two days. Laundry and dishes permitting, I should be able to slap something together for it so you can do what's necessary.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm

I am well aware of the Scooby Doo thread. Seems more appropriate to send this to the graveyard and start a new thread for a new game with new players and new system and new setting.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:00 am

Vardaen wrote:Seems more appropriate to send this to the graveyard and start a new thread for a new game with new players and new system and new setting.
I agree. That way the modified game won't be burdened with all the old posts.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 am

I too agree. From a personal stand point I get lost easily enough in old threads and such...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Yeah, it's all good. This thread can be graveyarded and I can start up a general blurb in the Games Interest thread to get everyone posted there that wanted to join and describe the setting some more. From there we can move on to a new thread and actual rules.

I've been reading up on the Esoterrorists and Fear Itself GUMSHOE books to finalize how the game should be run. The rest is merely the task of describing what to expect in our endeavors. For the most part the general line of Investigating Paranormal Activity and dealing with whatever you might find in a particular haunted house, etc.

Typical game fashion akin to traveling the world and picking up missions like the old Scooby Doo gang did.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:40 pm

If I remember most of their adventures were a result of wrong place at the wrong time...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...