Where's Velma?

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: OOC Discussions

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:15 am

Heh, was trying to finish fleshing her out.

Professor Velma Dinkley
M.I.T. professor and overall equivalent to James Bond's 'Q' for Mystery Inc. Showing undying gratitude to those surviving friends who saved her from suffering "pre-college" burnout syndrome during her time in Coolsville, Ohio by allowing her the chance to join their gang - Professor Dinkley current holds Bachelor's Degrees in: Forensic Science, Applied Theoretical Science, Bio-chemical Analysis and Engineering, Parapsychology and numerous others. A lot has changed over the years with Velma and it is secretly rumored that the woman is now a witch. This however, is a falsehood. What the truth really is, is that Professor Dinkley had numerous encounters with Satanic Cultists and Practitioners of Sorcery and Black Magic. Intrigued by the hidden scientific formulas used in such activities, the clever professor has derived a way of recreating and thwarting most any spell known to man through a clever hybridization of magic and science.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 am

P.S. And she looks good in a sweater...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 am

Really? Still? Even at the age of 59-60? Go Velma then if so ;)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 am

"You sir, are speaking to the ANCIENT ONE!!!"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 am

Heh, I'm no spring chicken myself. For the longest time, I had a major crush on Lorna Patterson - the gal who played TV Series' Private Benjamin. She was also the airline stewardess from Airplane who sang "Only One River..."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:26 am

Oops, I also forgot to mention, that I'm going to try posting tonight/tomorrow about my final decision(s) for gaming. As much as I've enjoyed D&D, a shudder went down my spine as I read through another Pathfinder sourcebook. It's starting to get that 3.5 feel to it in spots and that frightens me. By this, I mean it's getting tons of re-written sourcebooks trying to emulate and rephrase what is already out there and I'm finding it hard to keep interest in the system itself - primarily because I think after 30 some odd years, I'm finally burnt out of D&D.

In retrospect, I'll be starting up our Scooby Doo game as well as a 5th Edition Shadowrun one. Maybe others as time and interests permit.

I'm having fun with my M&M and Outbreak Undead one and hope to get the shit going good once work stops sucking the marrow out of me with the wonky long shifts.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:28 am

In that case sir, you may call me grandpa... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:28 pm

So this game is dead too then I take it? Not even a Pathfinder game, but away it goes huh? Doesn't seem like the Pathfinder excuse is relevant here.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 pm

This game is currently under revision. I have already talked to other Admins about it. It is currently WIP on being revised and most likely redone as another thread since the concept has been changed and all but one of our previous players gone. Thank you :)