Prelude - Cutting Teeth

It's been twelve long years since "The Year of the Comet" and Japan was forced to issue orders that would withdraw their troops from the surrounding regions of their Empire in order to help rebuild their devastated Homeland. Now, over a decade after the "Ring of Fire" incident later, the Land of the Rising Sun seeks to regain its former foothold in these lands long since abandoned by any serious forms of a military presence. Among the Corporations seeking to gain favor in their Emperor's eyes, Mitsuhama, Renraku, & Shiawase stand out as the three most prominent ones to do so. Having already slipped in favor in the past, Renraku Corporation has vowed to do so with fervency and once more reclaim their Number One position amongst the others. Enter our Players and Game.

House of the Rising Sun is a Shadowrun campaign set in the year 2073. Players assume the roles of a band of runners that is hired on under Renraku Retainer. Their goal, that of reestablishing and maintaining a proper foothold in their Employer''s formerly dominated territories outside Japan. Missions will include: Lots of Wetwork, Political Espionage, an occasional Milk Run or two, as well as Lots and Lots of Para-military Activity. After all, in an Imperial Empire filled with nothing but Blood-thirsty Corporate Cutthroats and Sneaky Underhanded Backstabbers, there can really only be one House that truly rises to the occasion and outshines the rest. Can you help Renraku become the House? Join the ranks of the House of the Rising Sun today!

Game run by Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto himself, Eanwulf.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Down the Rabbit Hole

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 am

Leviathan walks along silently, for the moment not replying to Fatboy's insults or his sister's comments. This is not atypical of him--he has never been one for casual chatter.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Down the Rabbit Hole

Post by TetNak » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Gun does not speak. That's not all that unusual, however, and instead simply shrugs toward the dwarf, or perhaps the others in his company, or maybe yet, everyone. The German simply follows along for the time being.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Behind Closed Doors

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Fatboy leads you back to his office. Flanking either side of the vault-like doorway leading into the room are Kibblez and Bitz. Perhaps two of Fatboy's most prized possessions -other than his vehicles that is- Kibblez and Bitz are a cloned pair of genderless genetech'd guard dogs. Genetically modified to possess the musculature of a Rottweiler and the general build and size of a Mastiff both animals stand about 1.5 meters high and weigh in over 90 kg each. Covered in a short bristly fur not unlike the stuff that is found on common wild boars, each of the mechanic's pets displays a uniquely "distinct" striped pattern amidst their fur, much like the ones found on tigers and hyenas.

"There...there..." Fatboy croons playfully as he pets the guard dogs on their massive, piranha-shaped heads, "Daddy's back."

Giant goggled eyes roll about the animals' heads with glee. Their short-tufted tails wag back and forth wildly. Now slobbering drool upon the floor, the two dogs' raspy noduled tongues flicker about their polyceramic fang-riddled mouths. Having paid his beasts enough attention, Fatboy then places his palm against the lock outside his office and grumbles to the others.

"Inside..."
Sorry been a rough day today work-wise and life-wise. One last pause before getting things going in the proper direction. Flavor posts as desired. Otherwise, I'll move on tomorrow when I wake up.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Re: Behind Closed Doors

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Leviathan's stolid face cracks a grin when he sees Fatboy crooning to his guard dogs--Fatboy's actions are so at odds with his crude persona. He says nothing, however, for it is not Leviathan's style to tease others. And Fatboy may have risen slightly in Leviathan's estimation for showing this small bit of warmth, even if only to two genetically engineered beasts.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 am

"Nothing?" Point comments, watching her brother's glee of Fatboy's handling with interest. "I'd have at least expected something along the lines of: 'A very nice ride, onēsan. I'd love to take it for a spin when we have the time for it'."

Obviously Point is much more talkative than Leviathan which is strangely at odds to their usual tasks during a run.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 am

"Honored Elder Sister," says Leviathan deadpan, "I think I had best leave taking one of those hogs out for a spin to you. I am afraid it is beyond my humble talents." Those who know Leviathan know he is making a joke. Those who don't know Leviathan may be unsure whether he is joking or has a extremely traditional sense of propriety.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:46 am

The doors slide open to reveal a rather posh room beyond. All-too familiar to the meeting chamber, our party carefully makes their way past Kibblez & Bitz and then heads towards their favorite spots. A large conference table adorns the center of the plush chamber, around which rests numerous padded chairs. Standing at the far end of the table is Slim, his cheeks reddened with the odd combination of over-exertion and celebration. Flanking the elf are two voluptuous women whom appear to be finishing up the last of their martinis.

"Excellent!' trills Slim upon the party's arrival. "You've all made it!" Patting one of the women gently on their rear-end, Slim slides his free arm around the other one's waist and continues. "Please be seated friends. I'll be with you all very shortly."

Slim then proceeds to wish his companions for the evening a rather fond an affectionate farewell and then takes his place at the head of the table. Having plopped himself down as far away from his brother as he can, Fatboy merely "thunks" his dirty boots up on the table and farts out loud. Now picking his nose profusely, the crude dwarf pauses momentarily to look up and see what his elder sibling has to say.

"I want to thank each and every one of you for coming out here this morning." begins Slim, reaching beneath the table and sliding everyone seated an empty drinking glass with a credstick inside of it. "I know that the hour is late and your time, valuable." The glasses distributed, Slim continues to speak whilst pressing a concealed button that causes the lights to dim and a holoprojector to project its light forth from the table.

"I promise not to keep you very long," comments Slim politely, another hidden button now rising several bottles of alcohol to the table's surface, "I just have to share a rather important call that I received earlier this morning with you and then you can all be on your merry way."

Once everyone has poured themselves a drink, the lights dim even further an Slim proceeds to initiate the call received on his commlink through the holoprojector.

A soft voice speaking very precise True English with a Japanese accent comes on. The screen is blank so the caller must have it muted. The data displayed however, identifies the call as being legitimate.

"This is Marika Takeshi."

Marika Fuggin Takeshi!

"...I may have a small job for you and your compatriots. It fits your qualifications profile, and pays well. Contact my office by 2400 hours if you are interested."
Marika Takeshi
A native of Melbourne's "Japantown," Marika is a wizened little woman with a soft voice and laser wit. A verteran mercenary broker or "talent scout" (Geisha-tech as she likes to call it) she is well-known by many large corporations in Melbourne for her quality references and discreet mode of operation. She has ties with Renraku, Shiawase, and Saeder-Krupp, to name a few, though rumor has it that she has more than "stuck her thumbs" in several shadier pies as well over the years.

Marika maintains a very popular restaurant to cover her activities: the Tokyo Rose, serving Japanese-American cuisine. Her luxurious apartments are located on the penthouse of the five story building which houses the Rose.

In appearance, Marika seems to be a fragile and venerable oriental woman, slow moving and retiring. She is, however, among the coolest of the service brokers. Her matronly smile can dissolve into a mask of stone instantly. She is also a bit more spry than she lets on, being quite nimble for an old woman. It is a little-known fact that she also carries a Walther P99 in her kimono sleeve.
Slim's face beams with pride as he watches to group listen to Marika's call. Even Fatboy seems to show strong interest in the woman's message. Once completed, the lights resume normal and Slim begins to make an inquiry.

"So then friends, how about it? Shall we all meet again tonight at the Tokyo Rose? Say, around Midnight?"
The credsticks have 200Â¥ on each of them. Disposable cab fare and gas money plus compensation for waking you up essentially.

Slim has been trying to get into Marika's good favor for some time. Supposedly "His Ticket To The Big Time," Marika's interest in procuring his services could very well be the proverbial "Foot-in-the-door" needed to provide himself and everyone attached to him a way of life much better than the one they're normally accustomed to.

Tonight's call might be the catalyst needed to render your two week's notice to your day jobs and move on along to middle management!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 am

Gun does not pussyfoot around, even with Slim and Fatboy. <Japanese> "Why not just ask us to meet at Tokyo Rose?" </Japanese>

He frowns, the man seems to frown a lot, or smile, sometimes he smiles a lot. He does not typically have a black face, that he does not have a lot.

<English> "I had a plumber over cleaning my pipes." </English> Maybe no one knows what the hell that means, maybe they can guess, and maybe they will guest wrong. Gun just sites there sipping his scotch, neat of course.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:08 am

"I wanted to be sure that you wished to come," responds Slim to the German's inquiry, quickly adding with a nervous grin, "And I'd been out celebrating earlier, as if you couldn't already tell. Heaven forbid that I missed out on an opportunity such as this due to simply oversleeping and forgetting to call you all in time for the meeting."

"Besides," he continues, "Some of you might doubt the validity of our gracious hostess' invitation and demand proof. Why not knock that nonsense out of the park from the start? Strike whilst the iron's hot! As they say..."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Point rolls her eyes at Gun's comment. "Sure I'm in," she shrugs but declines a drink so short before a job or at least meeting a possible employer. And a Japenese one and as influential as Marika is never a bad thing.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."