Prelude - Cutting Teeth

It's been twelve long years since "The Year of the Comet" and Japan was forced to issue orders that would withdraw their troops from the surrounding regions of their Empire in order to help rebuild their devastated Homeland. Now, over a decade after the "Ring of Fire" incident later, the Land of the Rising Sun seeks to regain its former foothold in these lands long since abandoned by any serious forms of a military presence. Among the Corporations seeking to gain favor in their Emperor's eyes, Mitsuhama, Renraku, & Shiawase stand out as the three most prominent ones to do so. Having already slipped in favor in the past, Renraku Corporation has vowed to do so with fervency and once more reclaim their Number One position amongst the others. Enter our Players and Game.

House of the Rising Sun is a Shadowrun campaign set in the year 2073. Players assume the roles of a band of runners that is hired on under Renraku Retainer. Their goal, that of reestablishing and maintaining a proper foothold in their Employer''s formerly dominated territories outside Japan. Missions will include: Lots of Wetwork, Political Espionage, an occasional Milk Run or two, as well as Lots and Lots of Para-military Activity. After all, in an Imperial Empire filled with nothing but Blood-thirsty Corporate Cutthroats and Sneaky Underhanded Backstabbers, there can really only be one House that truly rises to the occasion and outshines the rest. Can you help Renraku become the House? Join the ranks of the House of the Rising Sun today!

Game run by Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto himself, Eanwulf.
Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Behind Closed Doors

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 pm

"As if a voice recording could not be doctored" just like an elf to invite whores over for any little thing. "But whatever, 200 NuYen says you're forgiven, plus, if she plans to offer more money than we're used to get, then I'm always interested."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Leviathan takes a sip of the booze to be polite, but, like his half-sister, prefers not to drink while on the job. "I am in, as well," he says, "At least in so far as seeing what the job is. I am sure you understand that I cannot commit fully until I find out more about this job." Leviathan has occasionally turned down work that did not square with his own conceptions of his code of honor.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:25 am

Slim appears to share the same concerns as yourself. Still however, his mood remains upbeat and giddy. Perhaps it's the drink, or even the previous evening's activities. Either way, the elven fixer seems to be quite happy with the call from Marika.

"I share your same concerns friends," he glosses, "...but as you see, the call is quite genuine. It originated from the Tokyo Rose at precisely 2400 hours and even possesses Takeshi's special SIN# when used to conduct such affairs. I've gone ahead and verified the reservations for this evening (if you know what I mean) and everything seems to check out and be on the up-and-up. I just needed to put together a couple of team-lists that I felt were best-suited for a meeting with our hostess and Vilola! Enter your calls and this meeting! Simply put, I felt that you were the most suited out of the others for our affair tonight with Ms. Takeshi."

The elf then smiles, his blushed cheeks stretching widely into a Cheshire Cat-like grin as the party accepts his offer.

"I am so glad that you've decided to accept! I'll be sure to let the 'Rose know that they should count on four more confirmations for dinner tonight. As for the here and now, feel free to stick around upstairs if you want. Otherwise go home and get some well-deserved rest and meet me and my brother back tonight outside the Tokyo Rose. Please look sharp and be on your best behavior. We've got an impression to make!"

Fatboy frowns profusely...
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 am

Lyssa puts an agent on the task of figuring out what sort of dress code would be expected at that restaurant. And then if she did not have that, where to get such, somewhere she could pre-order and pre-pay (with someone else's money, of course) being ideal.
Agent has DP10 in data search, and generates 3.3 hits per second on average. So it should be pretty fast.
She rather doubts that the dwarf is going to threaten to outshine anyone though, so maybe the effort gets wasted.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 am

Leviathan rises from his seat and says to Point, "Well, shall we head back to our apartment till this evening's rendezvous? Or do you wish to carouse with the fine gathering of bikers above?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:28 am

"I prefer to avoid too much involvement with a bunch of tonchiki if there are other options," Point replies, standing and snatching up the credstick she did not touch so far. "So ee, lets leave. We're going to see you later then."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:27 am

Leviathan inwardly sighs with relief. After Point's odd flirtation with Dingo, he thought she might want to stay. Of course, that would be her business, but it would not sit easy with him. He turns to the others and says, "Then we bid you all farewell and will see you this evening." Without waiting for a reply, he turns and heads back to the elevator.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Gun just stands up and nods. He does not waste any time and makes for the exit. Where he is going to go between now and the meeting he does not say. The German reaches up and brushes his thinning hair firward with his black gloved hand as he walks.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Prelude End

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 am

The party's departure from Slim's meeting prompts Fatboy to leave as well. The grumpy dwarf snatches up a bottle of his brother's favorite hooch and waddles his way out into the hall to play with the guard dogs some more. "Not staying?" he inquires half-heartedly, a cursory glance given to Gun as the man heads towards the freight elevator to join the others. "Fine!"

Little opposition is met on the way out of the 'Hole. Several bikers leer at the party and make a couple of snide comments. Otherwise, they leave the group alone and allow them to leave their domain unmolested. Now headed home, the weary runners plan to sleep as much as they can and then chart their next course of action for the evening to come.
So concludes our Prelude. The next portion will resume in the following THREAD

Feel free to flavor post there with any plans that you might have, gear you wish to bring, preliminary plans, etc. I'll send out PM's as needed and then move along accordingly.

Please wait until I have the first post in the new thread to do so. Thanks!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!