Mission One: Safety Violation

It's been twelve long years since "The Year of the Comet" and Japan was forced to issue orders that would withdraw their troops from the surrounding regions of their Empire in order to help rebuild their devastated Homeland. Now, over a decade after the "Ring of Fire" incident later, the Land of the Rising Sun seeks to regain its former foothold in these lands long since abandoned by any serious forms of a military presence. Among the Corporations seeking to gain favor in their Emperor's eyes, Mitsuhama, Renraku, & Shiawase stand out as the three most prominent ones to do so. Having already slipped in favor in the past, Renraku Corporation has vowed to do so with fervency and once more reclaim their Number One position amongst the others. Enter our Players and Game.

House of the Rising Sun is a Shadowrun campaign set in the year 2073. Players assume the roles of a band of runners that is hired on under Renraku Retainer. Their goal, that of reestablishing and maintaining a proper foothold in their Employer''s formerly dominated territories outside Japan. Missions will include: Lots of Wetwork, Political Espionage, an occasional Milk Run or two, as well as Lots and Lots of Para-military Activity. After all, in an Imperial Empire filled with nothing but Blood-thirsty Corporate Cutthroats and Sneaky Underhanded Backstabbers, there can really only be one House that truly rises to the occasion and outshines the rest. Can you help Renraku become the House? Join the ranks of the House of the Rising Sun today!

Game run by Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto himself, Eanwulf.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Brief Introductions

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

"Our instructions are to begin the inspections at 6:00. Do you object to doing things by the book?" Leviathan asks stiffly. He glances subtly at Point and Crow.
Point is perhaps more likely to pick up on this cue than Crow, Point and Leviathan having worked together frequently (and being half-siblings), but Crow's high charisma might plausibly give him the social intuition to do so.

Basically, Leviathan is trying to play bad cop here, leaving room for someone else to play good cop. I'm not sure that it accomplishes anything now, but it may be useful later.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Breaking the Dr.'s orders for a bit. Hayabusa is still MIA so by all means let Trogdor/Crow be the good cop:)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 pm

"My associate does make a valid point," Crow adds. "We are under a strict schedule and do need to make certain that we give the rig a complete inspection." He pauses and takes a deep breath. "That having been said," he adds. "We're not without some sympathy for the situation we've thrust upon you by the last minute change in plans. I think if we can be assured of your full cooperation we could at least delay the start of the official inspection until 7 am. And if we can get some of the preliminaries completed tonight, I suspect that 8 am is not out of the question either."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Hyun Maeng frowns, any hint of friendship gone. Turning her attention towards Leviathan, the woman then responds. "NO, I don't object to doing things by the book. I was merely asking whether or not you'd like a tad more rest. Heavens knows I could use it!" Jin-Ho Yong smiles at his commanding officer, as if enjoying her display of anger and anguish. The woman quickly turns her focus over to Crow and breathes deeply, apparently exhausted.

"I won't have anyone running about my rig at night." the woman then states bluntly. "The hour's already late and rumor has probably spread about your arrival. Simply put, we run a tight ship and I don't need any of my crewmen all worked up in a tizzy and tired before their work-shifts even start in a few hours."

"Besides," Maeng adds, turning slightly to face her second-in-command, "Yong here would probably shoot one of ya just as soon as ask ya for identification. He's a stickler for details and most likely wipes his ass with the Book if ya know what I mean."

Jin-Ho Yong leers malevolently at Maeng, his cheeks trembling with anger.

Smiling feebly, Maeng concludes. "I say we all get some shuteye and start things up at 7. You'll see then that you haven't missed a thing and can go about your business as needed."
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:34 am

"When I said preliminaries," Crow replies in an even and placating voice," I was simply talking about datawork, background questions, that sort of thing - nothing that would involve anyone out on the rig. I thought it might be nice to get that out of the way tonight. An hour this evening of us going over basic data could save the men an hour of sleep in the morning." He shrugs. "But really, whatever works best with your schedule."
I'm not sure what happened with Good Cop/Bad Cop plan. Maeng seemed to latch onto Bad Cop and never gave Good Cop a chance.

My plan had been to try and get her alone to go over the 'paperwork' part of things for an hour tonight, giving us the chance to 'give in' on the extra hour until 8 am.

Try and make an appropriate check (Con? Etiquette? Negotiation?) to smooth things over a bit.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 am

Gun, standing there without speaking, just watches for signs that Yong will do something stupid. He knows that one will be trouble, there's no doubt about that. Gun can spot trouble, and he's seen Yong's type before.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Leviathan says nothing, but notes that the head of operations at the rig and her security chief do not seem to get along. It might be useful later, if they need to try to foment divisions among the personnel here.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Man, what a bad timing to be absent. I'll just assume the whole introduction stuff happened if no one minds.
Point has little to say but keeps checking a faux schedule for their inspection.

"Well, no one wants to be too tired and overlook things," she says to Crow in an assistant-like fashion. Unlike the security team, the runners had a little downtime before arriving here and if they are tired, the whole sneaking-part will be much easier. "However, we still need to respect the set schedule. We're only here for 24 hours. As long as we're still able to finish everything a small delay is acceptable."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Yong's fists clench open and shut repeatedly. He is apparently bored, angry, and growing impatient. Hyun Maeng however, sighs once more quite heavily and then listens to the fake inspectors' comments.
[Trickster's Call, Charisma + Willpower (3) to resist, 12D = 5 hits total, Success.]

[Crow's Charisma + Negotiation, 8D = 3 hits]
[Hyun Maeng's Charisma + Negotiation, 8D = Critical Glitch!]
Point's words give Maeng reason enough to pause and smile a feeble smile of acknowledgement and understanding before turning to face Crow and listen to what the elf has to say. As Crow begins his spiel the cackling laughter of the Trickster's voice suddenly pierces the young mage's mind, and for a moment, the young mage smiles briefly with mischief.

Seduce the Sheila and get your way. It'll be great!

Though having resisted the Trickster's call, the mage's words and expression are misconstrued by Maeng. The woman blushes momentarily then responds. "Looking for a lil one-on-one time now are we my lil sweet-talker?" It is clear to see that Maeng has begun to take an interest in Crow, the playful shove against his shoulder only enhancing the fact further.

Maeng then adds, "If you want to come back to my place, I can show ya my spreadsheets for an hour or two, sure." Maeng then looks around at the other runners. "Won't be much though, just a bunch of incident reports and employee manifests, no real need for any of the others to join us. What say ya?"

Maeng's sudden burst of flirtatious pleasure is apparently too much, Yong finally breaks. The bitter man throws his hands up in protest. "I not needed here," he beings quite angrily, his poor English broken and bitter, "So I go back to work now!" With this, Yong stomps off down the hallway leaving his two men alone with the runners.

Maeng however, merely smiles warmly at Crow and awaits his response...
Looks like you made a new friend. Consider Good Cop stuck to. She's more than complacent enough in letting you sleep in until 8 am if desired.
Last edited by Eanwulf on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Deep inside himself somewhere, Leviathan feels something chuckle. A sense of amusement he hasn't felt in a long time washes through him. Trying to keep a straight face, he looks at Crow to see how he deals with this unexpected development. It would be a useful way of keeping Maeng distracted, but would deprive the team of Crow's other talents.