OOC forum for Shadowrun: House of the Rising Sun
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: OOC Discussions

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 pm

From what Eanwulf has posted, I'm pretty sure we don't know Crow. I think even Slim doesn't know him. He's someone Marika has asked us to work with because of his Renraku connections.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 pm

It is very clear we don't know him. I don't see anything of this as a big deal.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Crow knows Slim, but this is the first he's heard of you.

And if he can work well with a whole new group of shadowrunners, you can manage to work with a single new guy.

;-)

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Bah I hate delays. Life sucks at times.

You haven't met Crow, but his reputation is out there a bit. Essentially a Renraku mage, the elf has a knack for magic and illusions. As of recent, he appears to be Marika Takeshi's boy overall but has gone through some preliminary screening and interviews with Slim as well; whom by the way doesn't seem to be that taken back at the notion of him running with you one bit. Otherwise, he'd have texted it. All in all, Crow appears to be a good solid runner with the knack of making friends quite easily and performing his duties with a modicum of ease.

And as far as all the preliminary RP goes, I think that the main thing needed to be covered is that everyone has a "base" understanding that you have run with one another long enough to have formed a basic working relationship, so please act accordingly so. I have close friends in real life that don't say more than a small collective group of words when hanging out with one another. It doesn't mean that we don't get along, or don't like one another, just that we know each other well enough to assume that things are cool and as such, keep the chat down to a minimum. If stuck or hindered when trying to figure out things with your characters, feel free to do the same.

Not everyone can type out a 20 million word verbose reaction or comment to a subject due to real life constraints. I understand this. I also hate it at times, especially when I work on a giant post I think it cool and spiffy, only to wind up reading a single sentence response. Like I said, I understand it and know why it happens, it just gets a tad bit sad.

All I ask is that we try our best to convey our character's meanings and actions in a post as best we can, if not just to avoid further confusion such as the stuff we have encountered so far.

If in need of some background runs just go off one's role in the group. Gun and Leviathan are what I would presume to be freelance mercenaries, each quite combat capable. Sample runs would most likely include company extractions where the resistance is tough and you need a good gunman or soldier to help secure a captive, etc. Knocking over a drug convoy to ensure that a product never hits the streets is another type of run where a street-samurai would be good to have as well.

It looks like Point is more professional in concept, sneaking around and offing people from the shadows or perhaps even retrieving items through sneaky B&E. And Lyssa, well she's a hacker. Most of her work is done in the safety of a well-guarded environment where her body can go limp and her mind free to roam the Matrix.

Bodyguards are a must at times, enter the possible background info as having watched over Lyssa on some serious form of data retrieval or perhaps even as she provides interference during a run as Point sneaks in to steal an item, etc. - i.e. Lyssa handles overriding security as Point breaks in and a street-samurai provides backup for either party, etc.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Drop me a note when you get around to edit content into my thread, please?