Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:51 pm

"Becoming recognized as proper pirates requires a grand spectacle, running up the riggings, cheating at cards while drunk....oh yes, and burning down the docks defending one's ship from one ugly monster" Flavinia says flippantly as if it's perfectly normal. "After all, that's what pirates do!".

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:07 pm

"You wanna complain about me looks, eh?" Rod grins. "Maggie never complained, and neither did me wife. But luckily, she's not here." Rod pauses. "You can join the crew, Safia, of course. You'll work on deck first, but if you are everything you say you are, you will be an officer in just a few days. That will be your test. I cannot make everyone an officer right away. But you look fierce and motivated, just what we need. Welcome on the Thrasher!!" He smiles at Safia.
Then he turns to Tsadok. "Ok, where do we get the chain of office or the gold medal or whatever to prove I am a Free Captain now?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:34 am

"That marriage is only for a year, and you're out at sea all the time" Flavinia can't help herself. "But might be your looks keeps you honest".

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:29 am

Tsadok seems to have been speaking to one of his lackeys then turns to the Captain. "Seems like you've done your thing well enough. A bunch of good sports all of you." He races up half way to the top of the gang plank so the crowd can see him. "I declare these men and women of the Besmara's Banshee are deserving of becoming Free Pirates of the Shackles!"

The crowd loves that, they hoot and holler, and give you boisterous cheers.

He further announces, "The Hurricane King Kerdak Bonefist himself will grant this crew their letter of marque this very evening!"

This announcement is met with significantly less applause. You take it to mean the hurricane King may not be as popular as you were lead to believe.

Tsdok joins you on the deck in a circle. "Come this evening to the feast tonight at the King's fortress, Fort Hazard, and we will settle all of it."

Your new recruit Safia quietly comments that she knows where Fort Hazard is.

Tsdok puffs his chest up, nods, spits on the deck and strides off.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:25 pm

Rod smiles at everyone and waves to the public, taking out a few silvers to throw amongst the crowd. Then he turns to his crew. "Let us prepare for the banquet. Safia, you will join us as you can lead us to the fort. And I want you all to be on your best manners, right?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:36 am

"A feast? You got it, Captain. I've got everything I need, I think, so I'm ready whenever you are." She gingerly brushes a lock of hair back with one of her sharpened nails - perhaps she isn't as prepared as she says.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:46 am

"I am always on my best manners," Seroneth purrs.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:43 am

"I know that, Seroneth." Rod replies, grinning. He remembers Seroneth splitting open some foe on several occasions. "I would not want to cross you when you are not."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:07 am

"There is a chandelier in the hall, yes? With reinforced chains?"