Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Prelude: Port Peril - Formidably Maid

Post by Trogdor » Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 pm

"Besmara preserve us!" Maggie cries out, taking a last swig of her drink and making a simple warding gesture with her free hand - the kind a superstitious person would use. "I was hoping for a quiet night."
Standard Action: Cast Bless. (She still doesn't realize she's casting.)
Move Action: Finish drink. (I'm going to need that mug pretty soon.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Toruk glowers at the man that shoved the other into his table. The blue skinned Undine takes a few steps forward and punches the offender right in the nose. The blow lands hard, and it blinds the drunkard with pain as his nose bursts open red. He topples backwards into another collection of men, knocking drinks off their table causing them to join the fight.

Maggie stands up and wards herself against danger, a simple motion she's made a hundred times before. Downing her drink she tests the weight of the mug in her hand and has a good feeling about this. Something about her's changed however, as if Besmara was actually listening to her this time, a sort of divine bit of luck must be with her for she ducks just in time as a plate of half eaten haddock just misses her head.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

"I'd say be careful with my dinner," Maggie calls out. "But I ordered the chowder." Then she looks for anyone encroaching on her territory that she can brain with her mug.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

In a bit of irony, Toruk has unhanded several others from their ales who now hold their focus on him.

He spots an empty mug on the floor and reaches his hand out while phrasing, "manus de in magi."
Standard: Cast Mage Hand on mug (Telekinesis)
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Maggie is waiting for some trouble and a short dwarven fellow with an eye patch sneers at the woman. "Lassy, you took me table! Now your gonna pay!" He charges right at her with a large serving tray as a shield. He slams into her legs buckling her knee and sending he sliding to the floor.

Toruk is busy disarming the locals of their drinks and scoops up one of his own and chugs it down. His eyes on Maggie he watches her climb back to her feet, she seems to have the dwarf right where she wants him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri May 17, 2013 8:12 pm

"Don't be blamin' me just because yer stubby little feet can't get you across the tavern in time." Her brogue becomes more pronounced as she gets angry. "Or was it just that you were to drunk at the time ta be standin' up?" She swings at the dwarf with her mug, trying to brain the lout.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Besmara's blessing must be on the woman today, for after insulting the dwarf she smashes her crockery over his head and brains him sending him tumbling to the ground right at Toruk's feet. The stout little fellow is stunned a moment, unsure how to act as the blue skinned dinner companion on Maggie reacts.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Looking down at his feet Toruk says, "Fool of a Dwarf..."

Clearly this girl can take care of herself, Toruk muses and returns his focus to the men who are charging him. He braces for impact as there are three of them...
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Toruk turns as three men charge at him. The first of them is a toothless elven sort, with a scar on his mouth that looks almost like he had it sewn shut at one point. He leads with his fist but Toruk manages to dodge. The second man, a tall man wearing a set of noble clothing comes in. At a second look his clothes while once finely made are old and ragged, tattered on the edges and missing matching buttons. He has a belaying pin in his hand and he clubs Toruk in the kidney sending the Undine down to his knees from the shooting pain that cuts through his side. The three charging man is is actually a woman. She has a mane of black hair with a shock of white running through it. Her bosom is far from ample, and she's easily mistaken for a boy, perhaps that's her plan. "Arrrrrg!" Shouting she brings her leather booted foot up into the crotch of the sorcerer connecting with his family pearls and hard!

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri May 17, 2013 11:21 pm

A tall good-looking man enters the bar, is surprised for a moment at the fighting but he adjusts quickly, scanning the room. He sees Maggie and his eyes are fixed on her for a moment. He attempts to walk in her direction when he sees the three brawlers hit Toruk. He steps up and taps the one in the noble clothing on the shoulder. "Excuse me." He bends his head a bit to dodge a thrown fork. "Excuse me. My name is Roderick Belmonte and I think a fight one on one might be less unfair." He smiles, tips his hat at the man, and then goes into a traditional boxing stance, fists in front of his face, focusing on defense and trying to wait for the opportune moment to hit.
Combat expertise: -0 to hit/+2 to AC with Threatening Defender trait.