Book 1 - Act 1 - The Wormwood

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Round 12: Abandon Ship

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Round 12 Aya 20, Rod 20, Maggie 20, Toruk 20, Sandara 20, Jain 20, Rahadoumi 10
Aya has nothing on her mind but killing. She takes her rapier and without a second thought shoves it up through the lower jaw of the sailor striking up into his brain with the blade! The result is one dead Rahadoumi sailor who has fits of shaking as it falls to the deck soiling himself as he dies instantly.

Roderick shouts back, he offers the woman a cutlass sandwich and then tumbles under the reach of the long extended boarding pike. Using dangling rope he leaps up swing in close and slashes. His acrobatics are better than his attack as he misses the woman, but he's right up close and personal now.

Sandara calls on Besmara, "I curse you sailor! The doom of Besmara, the Queen of the Sea on you! Your luck is over!" The baleful blessing settles over the officer who looks visible shaken now.

Jain, fatigued, panting, and tired from his ended rage staggers around the woman officer. He would never let on he's to tired to fight. Moving around her as she holds that super long weapon is easy enough and he flanks with Roderick now. With his axe he swings, feebly, and misses, but he's in position now too.

Maggie and Toruk....
Aya: Attack #2 "18" (Crit: "20") Max Dmg Crit!: 12 Dmg DEAD
Rod: Move(Acro): 24 Success, Attack Officer 10 Miss

Sandara: Doom Officier, Will Save: 11 Fail Shaken: -2 on just about any roll
Jain: Move, (Flank w/ Rod:) Fatigued: Attack Officer 10 Miss
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:24 pm

"Sandara and Toruk, you stay by the wheel and make sure no one gets close." Maggie drops her crossbow and starts making toward the officer.
Free Action: drop crossbow
Move Action: N Wx5
Move Action: draw rapier

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Round 12 Aya 20, Rod 20, Maggie 20, Toruk 20, Sandara 20, Jain 20, Rahadoumi 10
Maggie drops the crossbow and draws her blade. Then shouting orders she bounds toward the fight down the stairs off the sterncastle and aft deck.

Toruk...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:13 pm

"Will do!"

Toruk unhinges the heavy crossbow he picked up earlier and looks at the situation on the lower deck. Thinking he has enough time he begins the process of loading it.
Full Round: Load Heavy Crossbow
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Aftermath - Victory at Sea!

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Toruk reloads his crossbow, the heavy thing is not easy, and he steps into the foothold and starts to crank it one turn after another.

The woman looks around, its the end for her, she knows it. There is no escape, she's surrounded and you are out to kill her. So she throws her pike at Rod as it shrinks back down to normal size and then withdraws to the railing, puts a foot against it and leaps out to sea! She takes her chances against the sharks and the water rather than her sealed fate on the ship against you all. With a fairly graceful dive she plunges into the water and starts to swim away.
You can try and kill her from the deck, shooting, etc, but unless you want to jump into the Shark infested waters, the combat for you guys is really over. I'm assuming you DONT jump in. If you want to take pot shots at her post as such. But I'm pressing forward. The whole boarding action ends Round 16, that's 24 seconds later.

It isn't but half a minute later that the cries of victory go up around the ships. You have won the day, the Man's Promise is yours! The fog dissipates and a line a prisoners are paraded out onto the deck before Captain Harrigan and the cheering crew of the Wormwood. "We've won men!" Harrigan holds up the head of the enemy captain, severed from his body of course. "Well done! Its time to celebrate!"

The riotous cheers of happy pirates rings out. You've not only survived your first at sea raid, but you'd done so with great skill and promise. A party begins, almost at once. Wounded are taken to see the ship's surgeon, Habbly Quarne, "the Stitichman", but most pirates take to drinking, singing and talking about the plunder they are do. The Captain holds a meeting of his top officers to figure out the plunder shares and to deal with prisoners, but all of that happens well beyond your control. For now, its time to celebrate with the rest of the crew!
Eventually you'll find out who on the Wormwood died.

Barefoot Samms Toppin - Dead
Jack Scrimshaw - Dead
Tilly Brackett - Dead

Half a dozen more are wounded, but will survive.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Aftermath - Victory at Sea!

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 pm

"Come back 'ere!" Aya shouts after the Rahadoumi Officer jumped overboard. "I'm not done with you yet!" And watches the sharks in the water for a few moments.

When the fighting is done and shouts ring out the kitsune feels far from it, only seeing dead friends on the deck. Tilly, the joker, has fallen as well, as she discovers but Jack still hurts her the most. For a couple seconds she just wants to shift and bite into one of the captured sailors necks, like she promised the other Rahadoumi who are now dead and swimming with the sharks. She just walks over to the dead young man, sitting down beside him with the bloody rapier still in her hand.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Maggie is subdued when the victory is announced, but becomes positively sullen when she finds out that Samms is dead. She had been the first friend Maggie had made among the crew, and her closest friend in the tops. The days would be a lot grimmer without Samms up there to keep her company. And so, when the celebrations begin, Maggie joins in the drink, but not for the same reasons as the others.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:49 pm

When the victory is near, Rod runs up to Maggie and plants a big kiss on her cheek. "Well done, my lady." he says.

He mourns for those who died, but he knows that is the way of life and that if you are on a pirate ship, people die. "I am sure Besmara is there right now, singing a bawdy song with them in the afterlife." He tries to console the others.

Then he coughs and spits out some blood. "The bloody pike got me right in the middle. Hurts like hell. Can you do something about it? Or shall I see the doc?"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Toruk rests the crossbow on the railing taking aim at the officer now overboard. He spots her, then he doesn't with waves crashing about. "What's the point, the sharks will eat well this day." Toruk fires a shot out to sea, nowhere in particular and then tosses the crossbow to the deck.

As he makes his way to the celebration he spots Aya sitting next to the fallen Scrimshaw, "I'm..." Voice trailing off he decides to leave her be.

He finds a drink then makes his way over to Rod and Maggie. While raising his mug, "For the fallen!"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:25 pm

"Besmara's bloody blade!" Maggie exclaims when Rod suggests going to the Stitchman with his injury. "You're not going to the surgeon with that wound. I'm sure I can squeeze another healing spell out of Besmara today. Let's just get somewhere out of sight to do it."
Sacrifice Abstemiousness to cast CLW on Rod.

GDrive updated.