Book 1 - Act 2 - The Man's Promise

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Returned to the Man's Promise

Post by Chanur » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:53 am

Davok takes hold of the invisible potion and readies it staying low in the boat. He will take it as they reach the boat.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:32 pm

While they get closer and are only about a hundred yards away from the Man's Promise Aya begins to whisper seemingly to herself. "Plugg is going to be replaced. Now! Get ready!" She says but thinks about her allies on the ship. "Toss a rope over starboard side when we climb up on port."
Cast "Message" and contact our buddies aboard.
I went with the map from herefor the sides of the ship. If I'm wrong: Rope on the opposite side where we, the "obvious" party climbs up.
Last edited by Hayabusa on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Not wanting to wait any longer in case they are being watched via spyglass, "We need to split up now." Looking at Sandara and Rod, "Follow me to the back side of the boat." Toruk turns to Aya, "Before I forget, let someone on board know we may need help climbing onto the boat." With no need for Maggie's breathing magic, the Undine slips out of the boat and into the water. When the others are ready, he submerges and begins to swim toward The Man's Promise.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Getting On Board

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Coming around the tip of the isle known as The Hand, the group splits up there. Toruk slips into the water taking Rod and Sandara with him. The three swim out to sea. Thankfully Sandara has prepared Air Bubble, just like Maggie, and casts it on herself allowing her to swim without worry of breathing underwater. Rod will not have to man up and hold his breath as Sandara has a second one just for him. So the trio race off against the tide and the timing of the spell.

Davok downs his potion, and knows that he has to wait for a fight to come to him or it will ruin the power of the potion. That leaves just Maggie and Aya rowing the boat toward the Man's Promise. Aya, with her glass to her eye waits till the ship is within range of her cantrip and seeing Crimson up on deck whispers a message to him. He pauses in his tracks, looks up and around a bit confused Aya can see.

Then there is a shout from the crows nest, and all eyes and hands on the deck of the ship turn and spy the two ladies with the water barrels rowing in. Crimson understands now and hurries off to the aft of the boat. Aya tracks his movement across the deck with the spyglass practically glued to her eye. He makes contact with another person and Aya is confident some message is being sent about.

So it is that as Toruk, Sandara and Roderick reach the aft of the ship a knotted rope is tossed overboard that dangles down to the water by an unseen person.

Maggie and Aya row in closer and closer, almost within normal hailing distance, and certainly close enough for people to see Aya... in whatever form she's in.
Okay let's take this one piece at a time.

Sandara: Air Bubble on Self and Rod
I'm willing to just have you guys make the swim, you have this well planned and all. I'm not about to have Rod drown part way there.

Davok is Invisible from potion. Deleted.

Aya, I guess you should have done your Harrigan thing at the corner, so back post a bit. Everyone can back post about, its about time to hail the ship.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: Getting On Board

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:53 pm

The moment her friends go overboard, Aya begins to change again, shedding her lithe form for that of the broad, tall and muscular captain of the Wormwood in all his pirate glory.

"AHOY!" The man shouts towards the ship. The voice is strong and loud to catch the attention. The bard hopes it is enough to convince the people aboard, if only for the time it takes to get the others, their allies and themselves into position. "I got to exchange a few words with you cap'n! Tell him Captain Harrigan and the Wormwood are here to discuss some matter of orders!"
Use shapeshift for specific human form to change to Barnabas Harrigan.

Bluff: To make them believe the Wormwood is close by.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Rod swims along with the others and when he sees the rope, he guesses it must have been hung out by some ally. Loosening the cutlass and the dagger in his scabbards, he nods to Toruk and Sandara, and stars to climb, slowly and quietly.
Climb up in super stealth mode.

V: "I'm not about to have Rod drown part way there." I fully agree with that. ;-)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Looking over the side of the ship is Jaundiced Jape, his eyes go wide when he sees Captain Harrigan in the boat with Maggie. "Captain?" He looks shocked, "Aye aye Captain!" Jape vanishes over the rail. He's gone a moment but Maggie keeps rowing putting almost within grappling range now.

At the rear of the ship Toruk, Rod and Sandara have reached the rope and are clinging to the side of the ship, hoping that no one spies them, waiting for the distraction of Aya-Harrigan to bein. Rod can see the row boat now interacting with the ship and he starts up the rope.

Mr.Plugg appears on the side of the ship, leaning over the rail. "Captain?!" He is utter shock, "Captain Harrigan? What are you doing here?"

Davok notices this Mr.Plugg fellow make a slight motion with his hand to come of his crew that seems like some signal.
I'm keeping Stealth and Disguise/Bluff rolls a secret.

Davok/Chanur I would go look at the OOC thread with the pics in it for Plugg and Scourage and such.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:34 pm

"'T seems ye have been busy, Mr Plugg," a voice booms it is only faintly familiar to most since very few of those present have spent a long time in the presence of the man who steps on the deck. He is a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch. It is Barnabas Harrigan, captain of the Wormwood. "I do think I made meself very clear as to where you ought to take this ship. Unless you have a good explanation for changin' your course I'll see that your keel-haulin' will leave only your bloody hands left on the rope! 'T took us long enough to catch up with ye after the recent storm. How 'bout ye explain why I shouldn't haul yer ass back to the Wormwood and hand command over to Krine?"

Fascinate to keep his attention.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Maggie stands next to Harrigan, a look of satisfaction on her face. She's clearly made her choice, and that choice is to stand by the captain of the Wormwood.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

One Captain to Another

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Harrigan-Aya booms out in her best impression of the old captain, its not perfect but there is something to it. Maggie rows up to the side of the ship as Aya berates Plugg. A ladder is tossed over by Jape and the duo (with Davok invisible behind them) scales the rope to the ship's deck.

The crew of the Man's Promise is held in awe, fascinated that Maggie has returned with Harrigan and they hang on his every word, friend and foe alike. Plugg isn't as sure at the others, but he doesn't argue just now. "Captain! Welcome back on board." He glances behind him as Scourge is coming up to join him near the rail.

Harrigan-Aya, Maggie and Invisible Davok are all on the deck now right midship. Aft Toruk, Rod and Sandara are trying to sneak up, lucky for them Aya has the crew spellbound for the moment and no one notices them slip up over the railing at first. Roderick and Toruk are up and over as Harrigan starts to shout at Plugg.

Plugg throws his hands up, "Captain we were blown off course by a storm! We've run around here and have been working to get back to the mission you set us. Unfortunately we've been waiting for this one...." he points at Maggie, "...and her degenerate bunck of land lubbing scallywags to return with water and supplies. She's a malcontent and trouble, I blame her friends for part of this. If they had followed orders in the storm we might not have been blown off course so far!"

Sandara is about to climb the rail, and blow everyone's cover...
Aya Fasicate:

Will Save DC 16
Crew: 10 Fail (-4 to Perception Checks)
Plugg: 16 Success!
Scourge "20" Success!

Bluff: Aya: 27!
Plugg Sense Motive 21
Scourge Sense Motive 22

Climb Checks: DC 15
Rod 21 +2 Knotted Rope = 23 Success
Toruk 13 +2 Knotted Rope = 15 Success
Sandara 21 +2 Knotted Rope= 23 Success

Stealth Checks: vs Perception (-4 Fascinated)
Rod: 20
Toruk: 16
Sandara: 13

Perception Checks From Crew (3): 7, 12, "20" (16)
Perception Checks from Plugg & Scourge 17 & "1"
I'm enjoying the interaction, so if Aya wants to shout and stuff a bit more okay, but Sandara fails her stealth and when she comes over the rail/finishes her climb, she's spotted and that's going to just blow things and you can expect a fight then. So no one should take combat like actions but you can post climbing up, and a bit more convo with Aya and Plugg, then I'll kick things off.

I may edit this post to add a map.
Okay the GIRL Pirates are known allies
The boy pirates are known enemies
I didn't have it in me to label them all by name. I DO have their layers on my map labeled so I know who's who.