Book 1 - Act 2 - The Man's Promise

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: MUTINY!: Round 1

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:14 am

Not wasting any time, Maggie draws her rapier and in one motion, stabs at Scourge, leaning into the blow to try and make it hurt all the more.
Draw rapier; attack Scourge

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:28 pm

"Freedom!" Rod shouts as he charges forward, passing a surprised Fipps and coming at Jape from behind. "Have a face full o' me boot ye jelly boned thumb suckin' crud bucket!"
With that, he leaps at Jape, kicking and slashing with his cutlass.

6x south, attack Jape with cutlass. (boot kick just for flavor)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Round 1 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6
Roderick races south to aid Aya and Maggie! The man darts past Fipps and curses Jaundiced Jape with such wit and such panache the man doesn't know what to do. So he stands there and Rod drives his cutlass through his belly! The blade stabs into Jape and slices his liver, which will of course add to his jaundiced appearance! The enemy sailor topples to the ground clutching at his wound, "My liver! My liver!" He lays there screaming in pain, out of the fight, but still alive, if just.

Maggie doesn't wait, she draws her own blade, a rapier, and stabs Scourge in the thigh. The weapon pierces his flesh and muscle and he yelps in pain, "You bitch! I'll have my way with you before the night is over!" Maggie yanks her blade free and blood runs down the Bosun's leg.

Toruk, seconds before the hostile sailors...
Rod: Move (No AoO they are still flat footed): Attack Japes (flat footed) 11 Hit for 10
Maggie: Draw, Attack Scourge: (flat footed) 19 Hit for 4 + 2 Sneak Attack
I'm putting enemy sailors and the like in 25% there mode, if they are down, dead, surrendered, out, etc... so you know.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:07 am

Toruk gasps when Scourge guts Aya, "Aya!" In a fit of anger, the Undine caster unclasps his morningstar from his chain belt and moves in on his first victim. Moving around the mounted harpoon and partially down the stairs, "Shivikah! We have some unfinished business!" Toruk unleashes a vicious swing in hopes of braining the one who made them late.
Move: S W S, draw morningstar
Standard: Att Shivikah
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

MUTINY!: Round 2

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Round 1 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6

Round 2 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6

NPCs in Yellow Are Wounded, and have Surrendered.
NPCs that are faded out are dead or dying.
Toruk is a bit emotional, the mutiny is in full swing and Aya takes a poisoned knife to the belly. Perhaps not thinking too clearly the sorcerer draws his morningstar and leaps at Shivikah. He and her have some unfinished business. That is true until he cracks her in the head driving her to her knees, causing her ears and nose to all start bleeding at once!

Then those sailors loyal to Plugg and Scourge counter attack. They draw various weapons, belaying pins, brass knives, and one, Tam Narwahl, even has a light crossbow in hand and fires it at Conchobhar. The enemy sailors spend most of their first chance simply getting ready, the few swings miss or are parried.

Jape and Shivikah both are so badly wounded they give up! Hands in their airs they withdraw trying to get clear of the fight hiding behind barrels or masts, they cower in fear and pain.

Scourge is shouting, "Fight you dogs! Fight!" He yanks his masterwork handaxe from his belt, and let's the bloody dagger fall to the deck. With his axe in hand he turns on Maggie, "You flaming bitch! I'll carve you up!" He swings his axe into Maggie's arm and cleaves a deep bloody line through her clothing and her flesh! "You are mine!" He starts to chuckle a bit as the blood sprays on the deck.

Aya, as Plugg is recovered but still prone....
Toruk: Move/Draw, Attack Shiv: 19 Hit for 7

Round 2

Scourge: Drop Knife, Draw Axe, Attack Maggie: 23 Hit for 6 Dmg
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: MUTINY!: Round 2

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Aya, as Plugg is recovered but still prone, retorts. "You're just a boot-sucker, Scourge. Better get down to your usual perspective," the bard shouts back. She doesn't swing her rapier but continues to cheer on her allies and gestures to a spot on the deck near Plugg and Scourge. "Let death be swift though none of you deserves one so easily! You drop your weapons and you live. Don't and you won't!"
Standard: Cast Grease on the spot exactly between Scourge and Plugg.
Free: Continue Inspiration.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Round 2 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6
Aya stands her ground and insults Scourge, as she weaves a spell that coats the deck in black grease. Scourge manages, just barely, to keep his footing under him, while Plugg is already laying there prone. Aya continues to cheer the mutineers on.

Plugg's laughter over he points both pistols at Aya, "DIE!" There is then the resounding blast of the brace of pistols firing. Plugg unloads both weapons right at Aya. His guns spark and boom, smoke rises from the flintlock chamber and two bullets fly out. At the last moment Plugg slips a bit in the grease so his left gun's aim is off and the bullet flies into the railing blowing it to pieces. The other, his right, however catches Aya on the leg and punches through her light armor and her skin. It is a Besmara Miracle, for Aya's only grazed and barely notices the blast!

Your allies on the ship, inspired by Aya, and your sudden onslaught lay into the enemies. At the bow of the ship Cog and Kroop swing their make shift weapons at Ratline as they move to flank the man. Unable to connect however they keep him busy down there.

Midship Rosie and Conchobahr pile on Giffer. Rosie has a knife in her hand and she slams it into the belly of Giffer, and then yanks it this way, then that, and opens up his belly in a long horizontal wound. The man screams as his intestines spill out onto the deck. "Ooops did I do that?" Rosie quips with a bit of feigned remorse.

Aft of the shift Badger and Owlbear team up on Slippery Syl. Its Badger the older woman that connects with her bucket of tar with Sly and brains him with the heavy container. The man drops to the deck, shaken up, bewildered and covered in hot tar. He's out of the fight.

Sandara moves up with Maheem, "Let's get him!" The pair of women target Fipps but he has a oar in hand and parries both of the attacks leveled at him.

Things are looking good for your allies, if only Plugg and Scourge can be dealt with. Toruk, Rod, Maggie, and Davok....
Aya: CoD: Grease: 17 Success (close!), Ref Save 17: Scourge 17 Success, Inspire Courage Continues
Plugg: TWF: Fire MW Pistols While Prone @ Aya [as touch attack], Into Melee -4: 8 miss, 17 Hit for 3
Allies: Various
Sandara Move, 6 Miss
NPCs in Yellow Are Wounded, and have Surrendered.
NPCs that are faded out are dead or dying.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Toruk is momentarily proud of himself for causing Shivikah lose the will to continue. While that attack was personal, sailing a ship takes a big crew and it would be wise not to slay them all. Thinking the others will fall in line once their leaders fall, "Focus on Plugg and Scourge!" The Undine sends two aqueous looking orbs from his hands, each one directed at Plugg and Scourge respectively.
Standard: Cast MM (2 orbs) 1 at Plugg and 1 at Scourge

Sheet updated.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Toruk only considers killing off the crew for a split seconds then realizes that if Plugg and Scourge are gone the others might give up too. So he launches two orbs of magic at the men in charge. The orbs zip around the rigging the masts the crew friendly and enemy and then one each strikes one of the men for a jolt of power.
Toruk: MM: Plug 2 Dmg, Scourge 3 Dmg
Rod, Maggie and Davok...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Davok continues to lay into plug with his cutlass and spiked shield. "We'll hoist ye by the yard arm ye one eyed bow legged harbor hog!"
I would like to Power attack with my spiked shield and cutlass